[Poll]What is the most enjoyable game you've ever played?

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Going to have to be tetris although there are many versions that do it for me- no other "game" can render me as detached from goings on around me as tetris.

ShinyLatios

Not Quite There Yet
Trophies
Website
www.eonaegis.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Zelda OoT. I am STILL playing it over and over, Something about it keeps pulling me back. It's amazing how you can keep finding new details after more then 50 times of beating it.

Raikiri

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eeeitherrr Deus Ex or Planescape Torment and the Fallout series of course
smile.gif

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
...did I mention System Shock 2? I should've mentioned System Shock 2...

GLaDOS ain't got SH*T on S.H.O.D.A.N.

QUOTE said:
I re-examined my priorities... and draw... new conclusions. The hacker's work is finished... but mine is... only just beginning.

QUOTELook at you, hacker. A pathetic creature of meat and bone, panting and sweating as you run thorough my corridors. How can you challenge a perfect, immortal machine?

[youtube]FYw5AFoDSk4[/youtube]

Best trailer ever.

Prime_Zero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id have to say Pokemon if im just naming one game, always so much to do as well as good replay value sense you can play using a different team.
While there are many others I love this is probably the one ive replayed the most out of every game I own lol.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
007: Nightfire definitely ranks up there. It could easily be my favorite FPS game ever. It was one of my first Gamecube games and no Bond game since then or before then (sorry Goldeneye, you're far from impressive compared to Perfect Dark) has ever impressed me as much. I easily put hundreds of hours into that game's multiplayer. If I could find my damn copy then I'd be playing it at parties.

Perfect Dark also ranks up there. I remember playing it at my friend's house until into the wee hours of the morning. It's definitely a prime example of an older era of FPS games where everything wasn't about precision, realism, or balance. It was just about huge arsenals of weapons and tons of fun modes to play with.

Dissidia 012 is amazingly fun. I'm still not a big Final Fantasy fan but this is still the best portable fighting game and the best portable ARPG game ever made. I pirated a copy and spent like 50 hours on it the following week. I still have only a quarter of the Labyrinth explored. By far one of the best handheld games ever made.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom and Marvel vs. Capcom 3 as well. I'm not a real fighting games guy but these games are just so easy to play. Each character is unique but combos are usually the same. Easy to learn, hard to master. MvC3 seems to be a constant at parties nowadays, although no one wants to play TvC with me (mainly because of the lack of familiarity of Tatsunoko characters and I can kick all of my friends' butts with Tekkaman Blade and either Polimar, Ryu, or Zero).

Star Wars: The Clone Wars (an actual Star Wars game, not based on the cartoon at all) holds a place in my heart. It was my first Gamecube game and I played it until the disc stopped working. Hunting down a new copy isn't as easy though. It was still balls fun.

MadWorld was super enjoyable. Shaking the Wiimote frantically while chainsawing some guy into a bloody pulp is amazing.

There's definitely some more but they don't come to mind.

Shockwind

SHINEEE!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Kingdom Hearts 2
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
Pokemon Diamond and Pearl
Spyro: Year of the Dragon
Tobal 1 and 2 on PS1

I enjoy these games so much.
happy.gif

Death Eye

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gotcha Force.
In case you haven't heard of it, I'll make a mediocre attempt to describe it concisely.
You know how Pokémon Rumble (from what I've read) gave Pokémon an actual battle system?
You know how it (from what I've seen) was top-down?
In terms of the basic concept, Gotcha Force is kind of like Pokémon Rumble, only it's a third-person 3D battle system sort of thing and it has little robots called Gotcha Borgs instead of little animals called Pokémon.
You'll get a better idea of what it is if you look it up almost anywhere else.

Anyway, the game has infinite replay value for persevering perfectionists (like me) because the (up to 5) different colors of the Borgs are somehow easy enough to get in general that (at least to me) it feels like they're actually worth trying to get all of (unlike Pokémon's shinies), but rare enough that actually getting all of them would take several thousand years.
And the battle system is relatively simple in that your (up to 5) attacks (not including different melee attacks) can be done with 2 buttons, so fast-paced that GameSpot's reviewers call it "mindless button-mashing" even though it's highly strategic when you know what you're doing, highly varied with its 198 different normally obtainable Borgs, all with different strategies in their use (though some of them do have similar attacks to others), and more addictive than... something really addictive (in my experience).
I've beaten the game's story mode at least 20 times.

Other games worth mentioning include Tetris Attack (and similar games), Super Mario World (and the products of its hacking community), Super Bomberman (and, to a lesser extent, its sequels and other games in the series), and Super Smash Bros.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Thought I saw my ex on that new kingdom of the Apes poster