Hacking Emulation POPS on PSP/Vita - Config Research

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
but isnt that bug from a specific pops version? iirc on psp it needed a lower pops version from the latest one to work fully, i dont remember if that was the NTSC or PAL version tho
the bug occours on both pal and ntsc and yes youre right there was a pop version wich fixed the game but afaik the special pops version dont work on newer cfw (6.60 psp and vita) but my informations can be outdatet

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the bug occours on both pal and ntsc and yes youre right there was a pop version wich fixed the game but afaik the special pops version dont work on newer cfw (6.60 psp and vita) but my informations can be outdatet
do u know if theres any info out there bout how well the Japanese psx to eboot works or even an official jpn psn release if that exists?

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
do u know if theres any info out there bout how well the Japanese psx to eboot works or even an official jpn psn release if that exists?
for dw03 ? or games in general ?

for dw03 i can say there isnt any difference between any region tried them all in hope that one region didnt have the freeze/blackscreenbug

as a workaround for the bug : try to play the game on ppsspp or ps1 emulator then after 2. town leader battle when ur headin to the beach near the first town do all the nessesary stuf there save the game and put the savefile on to your psp/psv

after that youre good to go but dont go back to the beach (there isnt much anyway no viable items just some low level mobs)

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
nope theres a bug if you enter the beach in the begining area right after the first town wich ends in blackscreen/freeze + you need to go to the beach in order to play the story so its not beatable
My eboot is fully playable, i've already beat the main story, if you want, I can share it

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Maybe, good news, it seems I managed to adjust Brave Fencer Musashi to run on Vita, so far the game started normally, the intro that crashed in the castle, it's not crashing anymore, you can watch the whole intro normally. For now I played until the dog part and I'll tell you, this game seems as difficult as a SoulsLike :rofl2: .. I stopped a little and if I pass Skullpion, I release a Patch.. to play until zero I'll leave it to whoever has the courage .

rantex92

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
My eboot is fully playable, i've already beat the main story, if you want, I can share it
interessting can i ask you some questions : wich version did you use to build the eboot? wich psp are you using? wich cfw ? wich pops version? and as a reminder sadly sharing those thing are illegal here

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
interessting can i ask you some questions : wich version did you use to build the eboot? wich psp are you using? wich cfw ? wich pops version? and as a reminder sadly sharing those thing are illegal here
Im using a vita not a psp, i remembered that i've changed the eboot id to (SLES00972) thats the game id from resident evil 2, and it worked like a charm

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im using a vita not a psp, i remembered that i've changed the eboot id to (SLES00972) thats the game id from resident evil 2, and it worked like a charm
oh ye i heard bout that as a work around for some games on vita. i think that works with jade cocoon too iirc but that trick wouldn't work with brave fencer musashi

Zm1231

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you very much for the feedback, and yes the ideal is to use level 1 compression.

MKT is a game that everyone talks about and I know that it crashes on towers, I haven't stopped to test these methods on it or on Bugs Bunny yet.

About Dino Crisis, why not use the PSN version?
Ape Escape PAL doesn't have emulation problems I believe, it has an anti-piracy libcrypt protection, there is a PPF patch to apply to the game and fix this, maybe you can find it on the Console Copy World website or the PSDEVWIKI.
I have a modified ape escape iso laying around somewhere that I put all the US voice lines and cutscenes into the pal version as well as changed the ape escape logo screen, the playstation boot screen, and the Sony computer entertainment Europe presents screens all with the US files. This allowed a "US" version of ape escape to work in vita. While it will boot on psp no way to play it without the second stick.

I had to find some really old tools to do it and its not files swaps I had to extract stuff from the .dat file is the us version and then inject it into the pal version file which has files at different offsets. Then I had to find a tool that could put the .dat file back into the ISO in the same exact sector as PS1 games access files by sectors so just building a new ISO doesn't work.

I tried just swapping the .dat file from the us version into the PAL version but the US file was bigger than the PAL so that doesn't work since it would change offsets of the files in the disc sectors. So I just swapped out the graphics, audio, and graphics that were different from pal to US to make a working "US" build

Last edited by Zm1231,
Reactions: zfreeman and The_Ho

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
oh ye i heard bout that as a work around for some games on vita. i think that works with jade cocoon too iirc but that trick wouldn't work with brave fencer musashi
Whats the problem with musashi? In which part freeze? Because i have and eboot and im already at chapter 2

ExData7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats the problem with musashi? In which part freeze? Because i have and eboot and im already at chapter 2
from wat most folks have said it'll freeze at a certain point with a eboot using the actual games ID. me personally i've never played musashi, i just know bout wat everyones reported bout it

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
from wat most folks have said it'll freeze at a certain point with a eboot using the actual games ID. me personally i've never played musashi, i just know bout wat everyones reported bout it
Ohh i see, maybe the change id works with that game, i've read something like that in reddit

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a modified ape escape iso laying around somewhere that I put all the US voice lines and cutscenes into the pal version as well as changed the ape escape logo screen, the playstation boot screen, and the Sony computer entertainment Europe presents screens all with the US files. This allowed a "US" version of ape escape to work in vita. While it will boot on psp no way to play it without the second stick.

I had to find some really old tools to do it and its not files swaps I had to extract stuff from the .dat file is the us version and then inject it into the pal version file which has files at different offsets. Then I had to find a tool that could put the .dat file back into the ISO in the same exact sector as PS1 games access files by sectors so just building a new ISO doesn't work.

I tried just swapping the .dat file from the us version into the PAL version but the US file was bigger than the PAL so that doesn't work since it would change offsets of the files in the disc sectors. So I just swapped out the graphics, audio, and graphics that were different from pal to US to make a working "US" build
Great job, and indeed the whole process reported is real. The Ape Escape unfortunately on the PSP needs both analog sticks, on the Vita it is possible to play it. About the PAL version with USA entry, did it work on Vita?... There is a user here interested in a PAL version that works and from what I know it works with the ppf patch application against Libcrypt found in GameCopyWorld and in PS3DEVWiki. But it would be nice if you could share your version with us. You could create a definitive Patch based on your version for everyone. Thanks.
Yes this ID actually works for DW 3. But have you tried it in DW 2003?.. It also works but the ideal is to start the game with the normal game id and after the Digimon selection part create a save in Asuka and then continue a DW2003 with the modified id... I tried this in 2003 and it actually worked, I created an Eboot of 2 disks of the DW2003 one with native id and one with the id SLES00972 so after saving in asuka I changed the disks and I started to play only on disc 2.. it worked perfectly, without crashes on the beach etc... the only problem is that the game is with the rendering of the scenarios a little slow, otherwise it was perfect. And of course by using two disks the eboot got bigger, but for nowadays, nothing that bothers.

Last edited by The_Ho,

goma341

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Great job, and indeed the whole process reported is real. The Ape Escape unfortunately on the PSP needs both analog sticks, on the Vita it is possible to play it. About the PAL version with USA entry, did it work on Vita?... There is a user here interested in a PAL version that works and from what I know it works with the ppf patch application against Libcrypt found in GameCopyWorld and in PS3DEVWiki. But it would be nice if you could share your version with us. You could create a definitive Patch based on your version for everyone. Thanks.

Yes this ID actually works for DW 3. But have you tried it in DW 2003?.. It also works but the ideal is to start the game with the normal game id and after the Digimon selection part create a save in Asuka and then continue a DW2003 with the modified id... I tried this in 2003 and it actually worked, I created an Eboot of 2 disks of the DW2003 one with native id and one with the id SLES00972 so after saving in asuka I changed the disks and I started to play only on disc 2.. it worked perfectly, without crashes on the beach etc... the only problem is that the game is with the rendering of the scenarios a little slow, otherwise it was perfect. And of course by using two disks the eboot got bigger, but for nowadays, nothing that bothers.
Yep im talking about dw 2003, start with original id until you pick your team and change id, it worked very well, i notice the lag but it can be beaten from start to finish without any bug

Reactions: The_Ho

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Right so out of curiosity I've started a new game of bfm and mine plays through the intros completely, it never crashes. And it hasn't crashed at all so far about 45 minutes in. For a game thats supposed to crash here there and everywhere I'm not seeing it.

Reactions: The_Ho

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Right so out of curiosity I've started a new game of bfm and mine plays through the intros completely, it never crashes. And it hasn't crashed at all so far about 45 minutes in. For a game thats supposed to crash here there and everywhere I'm not seeing it.
Did you make the Eboot or downloaded it from somewhere?. In the compatibility list it says that an Eboot made with PopstationGUI 3.00 or PSX2PSP Beta and ID SLPS01156 the game works perfectly. If the game is created with the normal ID and with PSX2PSP it crashes in the castle intro and after each Boss. Well that's what has been reported, I beat this game on PSX years ago. If you have a save close to Skullpion, please send me, no matter what format, to see if I can make a patch that makes the game a little easier. Can you tell if your BFM's Game ID has been modified?

kristianity77

GBATemp old fogey
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Did you make the Eboot or downloaded it from somewhere?. In the compatibility list it says that an Eboot made with PopstationGUI 3.00 or PSX2PSP Beta and ID SLPS01156 the game works perfectly. If the game is created with the normal ID and with PSX2PSP it crashes in the castle intro and after each Boss. Well that's what has been reported, I beat this game on PSX years ago. If you have a save close to Skullpion, please send me, no matter what format, to see if I can make a patch that makes the game a little easier. Can you tell if your BFM's Game ID has been modified?
I downloaded my version already made from a certain "romantic" site and it's working fine for me. I watched the intro numerous times and played up to and past the first boss and it hasn't crashed once. Even from sleep mode.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Kind of a lot just to get a PS1 game to work on Vita?

I'd been told PS1 games work perfectly on Vita's Adrenaline, except that's not the experience I've been getting and it saddens me the TN-V exploit doesn't work anymore as it worked for pretty much all (IIRC) and it only required the original backup, no EBOOTs or whatever.

Eh, it's no big deal. I've got plenty of games to play, anyway.

The_Ho

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
BraveFencerMusashi(USA)Fix_661_Adrenaline

- Here it is, I made a fix for Brave Fencer Musashi (USA), it seemed to work very well, I played only up to Skullpion and went from the scene smoothly to the next chapter without a black screen. The game's intro can now be fully watched as well without any problems.

DragonWarriorVII(USA)Fix_661_Adrenaline

- This is the fix for Dragon Warrior VII (again), but now the game will no longer be identified as Japanese by the PSX2PSP and the Vita or PSP save game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Wow, only $700?