Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es shuts down due to financial issues

upload_2017-12-9_18-13-3.png
Popular 3DS Theme site 3DSThem.es has recently shut down due to "financial difficulties". Any attempt to access the site now results in a 522 error, as seen above. The Themely repo on GitHub was also archived around the same time. I'd like to remind people that this does not mean that the themes are lost. Most of them are still available on the 3DSThem.es Archive. Given that 3DSThem.es has shut down, the Theme Browser in Themely will no longer function. This was really the only benefit of the closed-source version, so it is recommended that you switch to either the open-source fork of Themely by ihaveamac or Anemone3DS by astronautlevel. Don't fret, because another 3DS Theme site, Theme Plaza, exists. Now, let's have a moment of silence for Themely and 3DSThem.es... :cry:

:arrow:SOURCE: Reddit

(P.S.: Erman, 3DSThem.es's creator, is doing fine, so don't worry about him.)

Last edited by PrincessLillie,

ToonGoomba

Sarcastic Super Star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nani!?!? Dang, I was wondering why Themely wouldn't connect to 3DSThem.es. It was a very good site that provided custom themes, badges, splashes, and I was highly satisfied with it. Thanks Erman

Reactions: PrincessLillie

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
:/
more options is a bad thing
more chance to screw up if your 3ds turns on in your pocket (why did they think a power button on the outside was a good idea for a folding system???)
also I tried themely once and all my Megumin themes made it crash
haven't tried anemone yet but I still like the gui for chmm2 abd how it doesn't crash when I select Megumin
Bullshit.

Reactions: WMCPI

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
rip

Actually, what about custom badges? What site is going to host them now?
Theme Plaza has support for badges coming Soon™.
Actually, Anemone still has a few bugs and the last update was in september
And the last commit to CHMM2 was over a year ago. Your point being?

Reactions: WMCPI

ZeroHikari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Theme Plaza has support for badges coming Soon™.

And the last commit to CHMM2 was over a year ago. Your point being?

Is that both programs have bugs and not completely bug free. Yes Chmm2 was updated over a year ago and Anemone was only last updated 3 months ago.

Your point in your response?

Edit: Sorry, I'll rephrase my response as it seems to be coming across a bit dickish. Yes Chmm2 was released over a year ago (2 years was the last update I think? it's been a while anyway) but the original response seemed to suggest Anemone3ds didn't have any bugs, I was merely pointing out that it still does. But at least it's still the best alternative solution we have instead of Themely.

Last edited by ZeroHikari,

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone found out why this suddenly shut down yet, or why Erman has disappeared? So far, it's looking like a C&D threatened to shut him down and succeeded in doing so, but that's just what I think is going on.

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
So has anyone found out why this suddenly shut down yet, or why Erman has disappeared? So far, it's looking like a C&D threatened to shut him down and succeeded in doing so, but that's just what I think is going on.
Erman says it's due to "financial issues", but we can't be for sure. After all, this is Erman we're talking about here.

SaberLilly

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Huh I didn't know the site went down due to this. I thought it was just a glitch to be honest. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, guess that means I have to go back to making my own themes XD

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
OP
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
Huh I didn't know the site went down due to this. I thought it was just a glitch to be honest. Oh well, was fun while it lasted, guess that means I have to go back to making my own themes XD
Read the OP. New themes will be downloadable on Theme Plaza.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one