Feedback Possibility of collecting every video game ever?

Cranesbill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
So I was rewatching a Plainrock124 video about “taking care of” a SuperStarFox Weekend and at the end of the video he said that KeemStar wanted to collect every video game ever and that got me thinking, is it possible to collect one of every single game in existence? Every competition exclusive, not for resale demos, prototypes, rare/limited editions, variations, from every generation of consoles. Is that possible and has anyone gotten close or at least attempted to accomplishing that goal?

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was rewatching a Plainrock124 video about “taking care of” a SuperStarFox Weekend and at the end of the video he said that KeemStar wanted to collect every video game ever and that got me thinking, is it possible to collect one of every single game in existence? Every competition exclusive, not for resale demos, prototypes, rare/limited editions, variations, from every generation of consoles. Is that possible and has anyone gotten close or at least attempted to accomplishing that goal?
No definitely not. There are just too many prototypes, unofficial releases, and so so many other factors that just make it impossible.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
No.
Physically impossible.

Many Arcade games have gone completely missing without a way of preservation.
Many prototypes are also lost, and many have corrupted rom chips, or yet to be found. Even then the probabilities of those having a working PCB is minimal.

Simply no.
Digitally is the same.

DragonMals

6th-7th Gen Retro Gaming Entusiast
Trophies
Country
United States
Just saw the title alone and you absolutely can't get every game in the world. Bot only there's lost prototypes and cancelled games, there's some that even the companies themselves don't have anymore.

Reactions: Cranesbill

Cranesbill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
Okay to be fair, I’m not planning on doing this nor anyone else should. It ain’t gonna be worth it with the amount of hell you’re gonna put yourself into on finding one specific game that wouldn’t matter to a collection.

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
Okay to be fair, I’m not planning on doing this nor anyone else should. It ain’t gonna be worth it with the amount of hell you’re gonna put yourself into on finding one specific game that wouldn’t matter to a collection.

The only thing your able to do is to possibly obtain collection of every released game for a system that you like. How that's doable. However, with the physical media industry being in an atrocious state.....we all have to go through other means to collect the games. But with the power of uh..... Making jt your own, it's potentially possible?

Hey I'm saying this becsuse someone thought of putting Pokémon Red and Blue natively on the Nintendo 64.

Cranesbill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
The only thing your able to do is to possibly obtain collection of every released game for a system that you like. How that's doable. However, with the physical media industry being in an atrocious state.....we all have to go through other means to collect the games. But with the power of uh..... Making jt your own, it's potentially possible?

Hey I'm saying this becsuse someone thought of putting Pokémon Red and Blue natively on the Nintendo 64.
I suppose, but in the end, it’s better to collect what you love or want for a collection. Because it’s still toxicating yourself from trying to reach an absurd goal like that the more I think about it. “ if you think you're failing life because you can't find a copy of NBA Elite 11 for the ps3, I think you need to reevaluate your priorities”

DragonMals

Trophies
Country
United States
I suppose, but in the end, it’s better to collect what you love or want for a collection. Because it’s still toxicating yourself from trying to reach an absurd goal like that the more I think about it. “ if you think you're failing life because you can't find a copy of NBA Elite 11 for the ps3, I think you need to reevaluate your priorities”

I'm just happy with the games that I've got. They're awesome and I still want to play some of these retro games with other people. Done it with one person already, and I'm open for more. Although at the same time.... Eh nevermind.

• Wow
Reactions: Cranesbill

Cranesbill

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Colombia
There's no way in hell you could do that...It would be nice, really, but there's too many games out there, especially "missing" games and foreign games and all kinds of games that aren't even on some manufactured list.
Damnity damn damn. (Also completely off topic, but I love that quote. George Carlin's a massive W in my book)

Reactions: The_Dizzy_Vizzy

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: @AncientBoi how are you ? :evil: :D +2