Hacking possible 3dsware running on gateway? .cia file ext....

alexenochs

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so i cant give out links but bigbluebox released super mario bros deluxe (a gameboy color game) and going to one of the warez sites..i happen to use someone mentioned it being possible that it works with the new gateway update? whats this about? i know something like this might have been nice in the noob paradise section but my question would have been flooded over by something else please someone enlighten me on this?

Falo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
*.cia files are like *.wad on the wii, they are encrypted archive files that needs a custom (homebrew) installer to work.
There is no way to play these from a flashcard, you need to install them first.

But the ticket is missing, so maybe they are incomplete dumps and not playable at all.
Well it's an 3ds-explorer error, the ticket is there, no idea whats wrong...

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
usually i would agree with you Falo, but if memory does not fail me, there was a video of the new 3ds-flash-card, which shows an e-shop title played from the flashcart, in similar fashion to retail games. i assume you would have to convert the eshop title beforhand, but it seems possible.
OT: i guess it could be possible, but if it was common knowledge, the frontpage of gbatemp would have mentioned it. so, this far i dont think anything was puplicly released

edit:
the video mentioned

FR0ZN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The games that were shown in this video come in the usual .3ds format.
.cia files on the other hand are found for update files or those apps like youtube etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He keeps trying to get @Xdqwerty to move in