Possible to disable Wii U boot logo when games open?

Trick457a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, is it possible to completely disable the Wii U logo that pops up briefly in the top left corner of the screen when games start up? I know Teconmoon's injector lets you change the logo, but I think it would look cleaner for the banners I have for Gamecube and Wii games if it just didn't pop up at all. Was thinking of just uploading a blank white png but I guess I'd rather have the Wii U logo than a white spot that disappears after a second.

I am not looking to do any crazy programming- am not super tech-savvy in that way. Just wondering if it was something someone had already figured out.

Thank you!

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can't remember the name right now but I've made a few custom ones for my injects and so on.... You would have do it for EVERY game you want it applied to ie manually and I'd suggest sticking in a blank or transparent png.

I'll get the file name shortly....

Edit... BootLogoTex.tga

Trick457a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BootLogoTex.tga

Dimensions are 170x42 and 32 bit depth.
Thank you very much- I am confused though- you are recommending I make a transparent png at those dimensions and upload into Teconmoon injector? Won't that just give me a brief blank white "rectangle" where the Wii U logo was?

Or are you suggesting I delete a file by that name, as @godreborn was suggesting? If so, I don't see such a file in the Teconmoon output folder... Could you please clarify?

Apologies for the confusion and thank you in advance!
Post automatically merged:

I can't remember the name right now but I've made a few custom ones for my injects and so on.... You would have do it for EVERY game you want it applied to ie manually and I'd suggest sticking in a blank or transparent png.

I'll get the file name shortly....

Edit... BootLogoTex.tga
I wouldn't mind this because I am currently re-installing all my GCN and Wii games with new banners/icons.

Last edited by Trick457a,
Reactions: Lostbhoy

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Its been a while but I'm sure you supply your own png/tga for teconmoons tool along with a boot sound if you want. Page or tab 2??

Again its been a while... I thought the wii u supplies a boot logo on everything ie so it will show a white rectangle even a dark bg if used, if you have any, so a transparent png (converted to .tga) would make it disappear entirely.

Trick457a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a while but I'm sure you supply your own png/tga for teconmoons tool along with a boot sound if you want. Page or tab 2??

Again its been a while... I thought the wii u supplies a boot logo on everything ie so it will show a white rectangle even a dark bg if used, if you have any, so a transparent png (converted to .tga) would make it disappear entirely.
Thank you, I tried exactly your method, although I had to use 8bit instead of 32 bit because 32 would not let me save a blank document. It ended up acting exactly the same as normal with the Wii U logo... I appreciate your response and understand that it's been awhile, but if you happen to recall exactly how you did it, I'd be very grateful to know.

V10lator

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It ended up acting exactly the same as normal with the Wii U logo.
Which is probably a fallback Nintendo did in case of a corrupted tga file cause:
I had to use 8bit instead of 32 bit
So your tga file was wrong. Use a better tool to create it.

What is 8 bit even? That's just one color channel but for RGBA you need 4 channels. 8 x 4 = 32...

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I never actually made mine transparent, just added custom logos. You can try this one... I just made the Nintendo logo transparent and saved! You may still have the problem of the border showing up tho so maybe best just to have them custom logo'd ;)

Attachments

• bootLogoTex.rar
    203 bytes · Views: 23
Reactions: godreborn

Trick457a

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never actually made mine transparent, just added custom logos. You can try this one... I just made the Nintendo logo transparent and saved! You may still have the problem of the border showing up tho so maybe best just to have them custom logo'd ;)
Hey thank you very much- I used your file in the boot logo spot in Teconmoon's injector- unfortunately I got the same result (normal Wii U logo).

Thank you again though- I will keep @V10lator's suggestion using ftp in mind- theoretically I just delete "BootLogoTex.tga" from the meta folder of each game via ftp and that should make the little Wii U logo animation in the top left go away completely?

Thanks again, if anyone else has any alternative ideas I'd appreciate it.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ah, shame it didn't work. It appears then the wii u menu is in control of that particular image being displayed rather than the game calling on it... Ie if no image exists then the wii u logo is default.

That could be way off the mark I'm just guessing but without proper knowledge or digging, your stuck with it I'm afraid.

As i suggested earlier, custom ones are probably the way to go and remember, you can have any logo or image you want within the dimensions... Why not make it game specific if your redoing them all anyway!

Quincy

Your own personal guitarist :3
Trophies
Website
youtek.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wouldn't it be possible to use Aromas' plugin system to replace BootLogoTex.tga (possibly with an correctly sized transparent image or a 1x1 pixel) on the fly whenever the system tries to load a file with that name (and possibly other names for actual Wii U eShop content)?

Just thinking out loud here :P

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share