POTATO CHIPS OR CORN CHIPS

• Total voters

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Being type 2 diabetic, I gotta go with corn chips. Corn chips don’t break down into starches which then later break down into… Sugar.

Don’t get me wrong, I love potato chips and I miss them dearly. But for my health, I have to stick with corn chips.
Interesting, that's good to know. Thanks for sharing that tip. :)

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No problem. Same applies for regular old potatoes, but I make an exception when the wife makes home made mashed potatoes.

Gotta live a little ya know?
I guess, but my mom just likes eating french fries, especially deep fried in oil. Sometimes I beg her to just bake them since I figure it be little more healthy. Might be better to just have corn chips with french fries seasoning. :P

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess, but my mom just likes eating french fries, especially deep fried in oil. Sometimes I beg her to just bake them since I figure it be little more healthy. Might be better to just have corn chips with french fries seasoning. :P
Corn chips aren’t exactly healthy either, as their deep fried in oil as well. I tend to make them at home with corn tortillas because I can control the oil that’s used to cook them. And also the seasoning.

I will concede that Doritos Cool Ranch brand corn chips are amazing, but Kroger makes their own version that tastes exactly the same for much cheaper. But if I could buy the “Cool Ranch” seasoning, I’d make my own of those too.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Corn chips aren’t exactly healthy either, as their deep fried in oil as well. I tend to make them at home with corn tortillas because I can control the oil that’s used to cook them. And also the seasoning.
I always wonder exactly why people prefer one of the other. I usually think it's just the seasonings and flavors that each one has. I know that sounds silly. Considering that both can have the same kind of seasonings. But I notice the more popular corn chip flavors usually end up being cheese, salt, butter or ranch, while for potato chips... meat, BBQ onion, and garlic flavors. Still I think I should investigate more because it's speculation at this part. :ninja:

rcpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I always wonder exactly why people prefer one of the other. I usually think it's just the seasonings and flavors that each one has. I know that sounds silly. Considering that both can have the same kind of seasonings. But I notice the more popular corn chip flavors usually end up being cheese, salt, butter or ranch, while for potato chips... meat, BBQ onion, and garlic flavors. Still I think I should investigate more because it's speculation at this part. :ninja:
Oh this will blow your mind… In Canada, they have ketchup flavored chips.

🤮

Attachments

• IMG_4449.jpeg
    IMG_4449.jpeg
    86.6 KB · Views: 24

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

I will concede that Doritos Cool Ranch brand corn chips are amazing, but Kroger makes their own version that tastes exactly the same for much cheaper. But if I could buy the “Cool Ranch” seasoning, I’d make my own of those too.
Corn Chips in Mexico are baked, not fried.
So... seems you're getting the wrong kind of Corn Chips.

McLeanParsons

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with sauces of all kinds and, for example, guacamole, of course, corn chips, and if chips are just trying new or favorite flavors, both are great for beer :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: After watching, that I feel like I'm on them already +1