ppl at gbatemp are still like saints

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yeah, maybe I didn't use the correct words. I feel like my vocabulary is falling in pieces.
censorship like themes not allowed but I guess it's part of the moderation, illegal website names (editing links, etc.), or more seriously things like rape or suicide or life threatening to someone else. we don't allow this, it's our decisions/rules. it's like forbidding it, not sure it can be seen as censorship of opinion.

Last edited by Cyan,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, maybe I didn't use the correct words. I feel like my vocabulary is falling in pieces.
censorship like themes not allowed but I guess it's part of the moderation, illegal website names (editing links, etc.), or more seriously things like rape or suicide or life threatening to someone else.
Regulating a website that isn't intended to have NSFW content isn't censorship. It's just enforcing the rules. :P

Gon Freecss

Mumble > Discord
Trophies
Website
signal.org
XP
Country
Venezuela
I don't visit forums very often, but GBAtemp it's always a pleasure. I discovered it while looking for updated cheat.db files for my R4 back in the day... 2007,2008, 2009, 2010? don't remember accurately ^_^

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
we try to keep the place convivial, with free speech. of course there are moderation and censorship, but we try to keep it to a sane level and not abuse power.
I don't know about the sanity level of other websites and social media, I don't frequent any. GBATemp is the only website I have time to visit and read. I guess it's a good thing I don't go to other forums and places? I wouldn't have time anyway.

edit:
Like you said, the wrong behavior is usually in the "current exploitable gen" (switch, ps4), but angry people will leave, the one who stay will be future of gbatemp's main and useful user base. (sorry for lack of proper english words)
people get angry when they get the same question over and over and newcomers don't read stickies. It's understandable, but not a good way to reply to people. it's only a problem in very active hacking sections. I think other sections have a good balance.
Excellent point.
I only find it a bit frustrating when some people go cry on Twitter and put everyone in the same spot.
(My posts from earlier in this thread pretty much explained what I observed).

Reactions: brickmii82

Youkai

Demon
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well I did read many posts here in the last few years saying it is gettig worse around here all the time and that the community starts to fall apart

especially older / long time members often say that it was so much better back in the old days ;)

Still seeing the behaviour of some people in other places I'd say that GBATEMP is actually still very nice

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I did read many posts here in the last few years saying it is gettig worse around here all the time and that the community starts to fall apart

especially older / long time members often say that it was so much better back in the old days ;)

Still seeing the behaviour of some people in other places I'd say that GBATEMP is actually still very nice
Gbatemp was "better" before the 3ds/wii u/switch days because it wasnt infected of entitled new users shitting on you and stuff. Still, the community is pretty nice overal compared to reddit/twitter/facebook and even other forums. I could even say that gbatemp is the most pacific forum out there.

Still, there always a few closed minded folks who shit on you because of your political view, religion, sexual orientation and that stuff. I mean, of course it isnt bad if you there is something you dislike or cant stand, but is it that hard to just ignore it instead of bullshitting for the sake of it?

Anyway, 11/10 site would come back again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Regulating a website that isn't intended to have NSFW content isn't censorship. It's just enforcing the rules. :P
There is indeed nsfw on gbatemp, it is just private for the elite :sad:

Reactions: gamesquest1

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Gbatemp was "better" before the 3ds/wii u/switch days because it wasnt infected of entitled new users shitting on you and stuff. Still, the community is pretty nice overal compared to reddit/twitter/facebook and even other forums. I could even say that gbatemp is the most pacific forum out there.

Still, there always a few closed minded folks who shit on you because of your political view, religion, sexual orientation and that stuff. I mean, of course it isnt bad if you there is something you dislike or cant stand, but is it that hard to just ignore it instead of bullshitting for the sake of it?

Anyway, 11/10 site would come back again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is indeed nsfw on gbatemp, it is just private for the elite :sad:

To be completely honest? Reddit is absolutely terrible. Facebook.. Well, it's Facebook... and it has occurred to me that the snobbiest of folk use Twitter as their main social outlet. Yeah, I said it. Fight me.

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To be completely honest? Reddit is absolutely terrible. Facebook.. Well, it's Facebook... and it has occurred to me that the snobbiest of folk use Twitter as their main social outlet. Yeah, I said it. Fight me.
I have to disagree with you about snobs on twitter. I'm a firm believer that Facebook holds that title. As for Reddit... it varies from sub to sub.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
I have to disagree with you about snobs on twitter. I'm a firm believer that Facebook holds that title. As for Reddit... it varies from sub to sub.
Facebook belongs to the politically correct and their sadistic way of life.

Reactions: DarthDub

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its good to be offended sometimes, I feel gbatemp has the right balance of that though, when things turn into a steaming pile of crap its dealt with, but overall its usually pretty civil :) loudmouths and arsehole deserve a home too....just try keep your arsehole-ness to a minimum, I'm sure I'm an arsehole sometimes too
i . . . deserve home too! . . . my first home . . . sweet

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it depends on experience... I have noticed snobs on twitter. For example, certain group of fucking furries follow this one popufur who animates like shit and has a shithead full of stupid opinions, but yet some people still follow him and act like him, and agrees in everything this crap "animator" says.

Reactions: ShonenJump

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, it depends on experience... I have noticed snobs on twitter. For example, certain group of fucking furries follow this one popufur who animates like shit and has a shithead full of stupid opinions, but yet some people still follow him and act like him, and agrees in everything this crap "animator" says.
I understood very little of that, but I'll take your word for it.

Facebook belongs to the politically correct and their sadistic way of life.
facebook is just where the shitty people hang out. its home to the anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and cultists as well.

Reactions: DeslotlCL

DeslotlCL

GBAtemp's scalie trash
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I understood very little of that, but I'll take your word for it.

facebook is just where the shitty people hang out. its home to the anti-vaxxers, flat earthers, and cultists as well.
I dont blame you :rofl2: It's just furry drama stuff, but as i said, snobs are there. It happens.

ShonenJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
heh, reminds me of youtube. the part about stupid opinions, following and agreeing everything the youtuber says

Reactions: DeslotlCL

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wish the place was even more friendly. I'm sure making friends here is just as easy as making enemies here. But Is all seem unorthodox in my opinion. I do visit here, mostly for news on games, homebrew community things. But I really wanted a place to make some friends i can vibe with, maybe play some games with them, have some fun conversations and such. It's honestly been the reason why I joined. I never need help with modding my stuff since they had places available for them. MattKimura made a guide on github for modding wii u and some one placiet also made one for 3DS, so I didn't need any help. Dedicated sites exist for stuff like that like wiibrew.org.

I do like asking questions about some of the tools and stuff used but is mostly frivolous "How do you do that? What's that for? How cool is this?" kind of thing that I guess is more of annoyance than trying to instigate a conversation worth talking about and lasting long time. I do write reviews for this site to share some games of interest that I want to discuss. Sometimes I work very hard on it to make it appealing for discussion and well it doesn't get as much attention as I hope. I learn not to expect it anyways since it's always been me. Also because this site mostly focus on hacking and that's all people care for I assume.

Anyway this is a very active and prosperous forum supported by a mostly healthy community of homebrew members or genuine interest in video games. But there is some things that most are way more sensitive to some subjects that can go a bit too far into some negative vibe territory that makes me back away until is over. But I would least feel is being cared for in a way that people aren't just running a business as shady as some places do. :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Click on your profile pic in the top right corner, and you'll get the profile menu popup, with... +1