ppl at gbatemp are still like saints

Rockhoundhigh

Man with a mission
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been here a long time and while there are still a couple of veteran regulars I can't stand for the most part things did improve at least going back a few years. Not sure what changed, stronger moderation or just some of the more testy veterans semi-retiring from the forums but it's definitely better. At least for the most part now you can isolate the assholes on this forum to a handful of people and a whole lot of obvious trolls or children.

I actually remember the only time I ever met someone else in real life who'd heard about the temp he said he tried asking questions and got absolutely buried by shitty responses and never came back. He was a pretty damn nice dude too so I'm glad at least the community now doesn't seem to be so toxic against newbies anymore. I remember this site used to be really exclusionary. People acting elitist over homebrew and piracy, what a joke.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*insert subjective reaction to social forum website here*
Meh, I personally say that all places are equally toxic and good but people will have different viewpoints because of what they see, how they react, and taking into other viewpoints to validate their own but I will admit that GBATemp has grabbed me by the britches and isn't letting go anytime soon...

Jonna

Some sort of musician.
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Canada
I've only been here for a short time contrasted to others on here, but I am delightfully surprised with these forums and the community here. I've been involved with some other forums, and spent waaaaay too long at one forum (from 2000-2013 or so before I finally headed out), and GBATemp has managed to last a long time. Considering it has both off-topic and on-topic forums, and the forum has great activity, relevancy, good balance and passionate effort, I am just downright peachy with this place, even if I sometimes have droughts with my posts.

Keep it alive and real, guys~

HamBone41801

Vipera’s Alt
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sadly, we lost one of the nicest and most active contributors of pretty much all time at some point last year. In fact, I dont even think I need to tell you their name, they was just that beloved to all of us.

#BringViperaBackParty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    sorabora tempBOT: sorabora has joined the room.