Homebrew RELEASE pPlay: switch video player

Riuzaki1230

Trophies
XP
Country
India
I am using it, and it works like a chram.

Here is the installation guide -

1. Download the file
2. Extract the rar
3. Then copy both the files into Sd card/Switch
4. Now, in order to watch you can create a separate folder like "movies" You can also put the movie in the root of the sd card.

Here is my main question -

Does this affect to sx core or sx lite users? Like may it brick the modchips?

Because currently I am using this to my sx core modded switch and I am kinda worried about my switch and modchip!

Looking forward fir your reply.

Amirgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for this great app
@Cpasjuste,usb is not working for my sd card in v3.4
But works well with v4 from ShroomKing,why?
I tested all formats for my sd card but not work.

Thanks

Amirgh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will an external hard drive work with this?
I tested my 2TB hard drive works well in dock mode and works well with portable dock in handheld mode(No Power supply need)but SD cards not worked.
Hope Cpasjuste fix this problem as soon,Looking for watching movies from my Sd card in handheld mode.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
add back ftp support
Unfortunately it's still not working.
I have this pplay.cfg in sd:/switch/pplay:
Code:
PPLAY : 
{
  NETWORK = "ftp://Youwill:[email protected]:21/";
  HOME_PATH = "/switch/pplay/";
  LAST_PATH = "/switch/pplay/media";
  CACHE_MEDIA_INFO = 1;
  CPU_BOOST = "Disabled";
};

That's my Fritzbox-NAS and definitely works on anything else (KODI, Android file explorer, Cyberduck, FileZilla, WinSCP, Browsers and so on).
When I open Pplay and hit "Network" in the side menu the file browser only shows "..."

Please tell me how I can help you logging/debugging to find the issue.

dimag0g

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello,

I'm still using pplay-v2.1-900-hidfix version, nothing else works for me. The version 4.0 from @ShroomKing doesn't connect to the FTP, and the version 3.5 from @cpasjuste lists FTP files correctly, but gets stuck on "Loading... movie_name" message and never actually plays the file.

I have 10.2.0|AMS 0.14.4|S. This is my config file:

PPLAY :
{
NETWORK = "ftp://pi:[email protected]:21/video";
HOME_PATH = "/switch/pplay";
LAST_PATH = "/switch/pplay/";
CACHE_MEDIA_INFO = 1;
CPU_BOOST = "Enabled";
};

Samples from NETWORK = "http://samples.ffmpeg.org/"; play fine.

My FTP server is stock Debian vsftpd.

Last edited by dimag0g,

Impossible_Igntiz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
anychance to add a binding to rewind and fast forward with the LZ (L2) and RZ (R2) buttons? cuz it's kind of a pain having to use the GUI to do so every time you missed something or misheard.

Kyrn

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
anychance to add a binding to rewind and fast forward with the LZ (L2) and RZ (R2) buttons? cuz it's kind of a pain having to use the GUI to do so every time you missed something or misheard.
Hi I did some modifications and added some new code to pplay awhile ago, One of the things was actually re-mapping buttons and amount of seconds jumped etc..

As i recall it the LZ and RZ cant be used at all without some changes to a library that pplay uses.
i havent had the time to clean my changes up and make a setting gui for the changes, right now you have to set it all up in the pplay settings file.
I will have some time this week so i will work on it again and maybe also have a look at subtitles and ftp bugs.

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
At the moment, pplay-v2.1-900-hidfix is the best for FTP movie watching on Switch. Unfortunately, it is not working anymore on Atmosphere 0.19.1.
The fact that pPlay is so buggy and doesn't work with FTP every now and then is the main reason to have Android on the Switch imho.
It looks nice and works great for the most part when it comes to local files but I really wish we would get a KODI or VLC player port at some point or that cpajuste finally manages to fix FTP (and recompile pPlay for latest Atmosphère obviously).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UyxeZ7JYwZs&pp=ygUJVnIgaXMgZ2F5