Homebrew pPlay: ps4 movie player

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi guys,

I just released my humble mpv/ffmpeg "pPlay" video player for the PS4. There's probably little bugs around but overall it work fine :)

You'll find download links in the release page on GitHub. While it need to be updated for ps4, be sure to read the readme here.

Finally, I'm not sure if this is allowed so feel free to delete this message but im seeking for donations to buy (or get) a ps5 and start digging/developing on it. If you can help with this PM me or donate here ! :)

To be transparent, here is the current donation status (goal: 500€ !). Please put a message in the donation form or pm me if you don't want your name here! Many thanks to the donors, this money will be well spent in ps5 development. Also, i'm not used to this but maybe i should open something like "this" for even more transparency ?

Last edited by cpasjuste,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have tried only with 1080p H265/HEVC and it works like a charm! May I ask you what to do with the subfont.ttf file that's inside the release zip?
Hi,

If you want subtitles to work you need to put this file on your hdd ("/data/pplay/mpv/subfont.ttf").

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, i'm sorry but i did release a new version again... I will be away from home for the next few days and i think it's a major fix, here we go: pPlay 3.8
  • ps4: correctly fix some clock/sync problems (previous "fix" was running all videos at 60 fps, they now correctly sync at video fps as on other platforms)

Reactions: hippy dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Sounds good actually.