Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo blew it out of the water

Sony blew it big time

Do elaborate. We have had seriously failed presentations from all the various makers of games in times past, at E3 and not, but Sony's show had nothing of the sort. Granted it was nowhere near memorable but that does not really equate to blew it.

I would say something about Nintendo's but I decided to watch a film instead.

Reactions: Joe88
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Nintendo.

You may be wondering -- Why did ComeTurismO choose this?

Well, good question. I'm a good fan of The Legend of Zelda. The great graphics, the cool way of melee was completely new and outstanding, so that was the highlight.

I love you, Nintendo.

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do elaborate. We have had seriously failed presentations from all the various makers of games in times part, at E3 and not, but Sony's show had nothing of the sort. Granted it was nowhere near memorable but that does not really equate to blew it.

I would say something about Nintendo's but I decided to watch a film instead.

I watched all three presentations.

Nintendo had the best E3 show by a wide margin, it was entertaining and showed mostly game footage and very little filler content.

Sony and Microsoft traded blows to be 2nd best in my opinion, I liked Microsoft's show because it was shorter and showed more game footage percentage of the time wise than Sony's but Sony had more exciting announcements than Microsoft if you could sit through the torture. Sony blew it's presentation by having some one on stage talking for long stretches of time. I call it filler content to fluff up the time so it looks like you have more. It kind of gave me the impression that Sony was not confident in the content it was showing. Not saying it's true it's just the feeling I got from it.

You could always watch the Super Best Friends on Youtube they made the shows more interesting :)

They also said Nintendo had the best E3 this year after watching all 3.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo's conference was great... for Nintendo fans. What I saw there didn't really interest me (Smash Bros., Zelda) or seems neat, but isn't enough to justify the purchasing of an entire console.

Sony had Bloodborne, so... that.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing, not to call everyone out but why hold poll on which conference was the best on a predominately nintendo focus website, with a extremely large amount of Nintendo followers? Don't get me wrong I love Nintendo as well and buy all there systems but I surprising found the Microsoft one to be the best this year. And this is coming from someone who has never owned an Xbox nor will probably never own one. Nintendo had a good conference but we need to look at this subjectively instead of drawing these console war ideology which is just plan stupid.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Here is the thing, not to call everyone out but why hold poll on which conference was the best on a predominately nintendo focus website, with a extremely large amount of Nintendo followers? Don't get me wrong I love Nintendo as well and buy all there systems but I surprising found the Microsoft one to be the best this year. And this is coming from someone who has never owned an Xbox nor will probably never own one. Nintendo had a good conference but we need to look at this subjectively instead of drawing these console war ideology which is just plan stupid.

Because we like to pretend we're not a community of biased Nin10yearolds (even though a majority of us definitely are).

Reactions: VMM

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's probably not so much a console war thing, but people here are Nintendo fans who like Nintendo's games. So of course announcing more Nintendo games would win as people here simply are most interested in those.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Hyro-Sama

I'm from the fucking future.
Trophies
XP
Country

You meant "objectively", right?

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
I dunno..... Microsoft? Nintendo? I didn't bother Sony(cba to watch it) but i heard it blew bad ;o;
Microsoft had much games.
Ninty had Exclusive games but only for Wii U(Not that i don't like Wii U its just that i don't have it)

I guess Microsoft wins.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
it was entertaining and showed mostly game footage and very little filler content.

I might have to watch this Nintendo presentation, I hold out no hope it will be interesting and from what I have seen from people I would value the opinion of I will probably be with the "what were you people smoking?" crowd. Still mustn't judge until I have done it.

Anyway regarding the quoted part... was it good because it had game footage and was lacking in filler or in addition to? I am not sure I can judge a presentation good for having footage (even of games I care for) an no filler, though we me have a debate about what gets called filler. To be a presentation you probably need some footage or something for with the shorter attention spans but... well there is a reason I still read text reviews.
I should also mention E3 stopped being about gamers.... actually was it ever? I always thought it was, especially the stage shows, for the slightly more informed investors, buyers/stockers, less game centric news outlets and similar folks, in this case it tends to mean you do want to say you have a media box in 2014, COD and [popular franchises/developers] will have games out on your system, you are working on [popular franchises/with the dev team of popular franchises], you are aware of trends (this year it seems to be jumping all over/buying up every indy/mobile developer out there and proving you can hang in that world) and you have something in the pipeline for the year after that (game company investing is quite tied to the Christmas runup after all). Sure others could and would pull something from it.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The pole really isn't about what game system is the best or what company is the best, just who had the best E3.

The last time Nintendo had a good E3 that I can recall was just before the launch of the Wii. Other than those usually it's Sony or Microsoft who has the best E3 show.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The pole really isn't about what game system is the best or what company is the best, just who had the best E3.

The last time Nintendo had a good E3 that I can recall was just before the launch of the Wii. Other than those usually it's Sony or Microsoft who has the best E3 show.
It doesn't change the fact that mkdms14 has a very valid point. We already saw the general reaction to Nintendo's presentation, with everybody automatically saying "OMG WIN THEY SHOWED ZELDA WHAT A SURPRISE". Of course, these same people bash other presentations for not showing "real gameplay" where as you can be damned sure that the Zelda trailer in no way represents what you will actually be able to do in game. They take a biased approach to the presentations as well, many not even watching Sony or Microsoft's because they figure it won't interest them anyways. Thus, they don't fairly judge the conference by the actual level of the performance, but rather, by the company they liked the most. Nintendo has to do at least five times worse than the next best presentation for any of the Nintendo fans on this website to even come close to admitting that Nintendo didn't have a great presentation, and even then, there is that dedicated group that will consistently be naysayers in the face of Sony's or Microsoft's progress.

All in all, this poll is predictable, much like asking what this site feels is the worst of the big three from this last generation. We all knew the 360 would be picked. It was just a formality for the competition of worst console. Outside of situations like that, I see no reason to ever post such a painfully predictable poll on such an overwhelmingly biased website.

Reactions: VMM

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not as if other fans of other companies want to see their big game(s) too. Not as if Nintendo shown the most gameplay videos vs all those CGI trailers.

Funny, because even when Nintendo does/doing well, there's the same group people trying to turn threads to anti-Nintendo threads.

Seriously, even I got to start saying this. If this site is such a "overwhelmingly biased website", why are you even here?

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
Laughter's mostly a thing you hear, so that shouldn't be too surprising. ;)
I saw laughter once. I wouldn't recommend it.

Also, I'm here because I'm a masochist, clearly. Why else would I subject myself to what is primarily a group of people younger than myself who can barely formulate a coherent argument that doesn't devolve into condescending insults at the first chance?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thanks for signing up at LinusTechTips
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    holey shmoley!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your credit card has been charged. Thank you.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Your screwdriverPlus will arrive in three weeks
    +1
  • QuarterCut @ QuarterCut:
    K64_Waddle_Dee_Artwork_1.jpg

my reaction to such information
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Press 1 for English. Press 2 for Pig Latin. Or press 3 to speak to a representative.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, i need help, i got into an argument about what genre radioactive is, and i forgot who made it
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @BakerMan, Imagine Dragons
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Dragon deez nuts across yo face GOTEEM
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    lmao now I realize that was probably the joke in the first place
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IMAGINE DRAGON DEEZ NUTS ACROSS YO- FUCK HE BEAT ME TO IT
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You have selected 4 - Death by Snu Snu, please stand by...
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lucky bastard
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    hahahaha I'm half way through a bag off my Volcano and my tolerance is way down because I haven't been smoking much lately, so I was a little slow to catch that that was what your angle was 🤣🤣
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Also I was just excited to know a music reference for once (I am the LAST person in the world that you want on your trivia team)
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bummer webos 7.4 isnt working with dejavuln-autoroot
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    PS4 right? I think that's what mine's on. Or 5.6, maybe.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    [!] Installation failed (devmode_enabled not recognized)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    0.5 seemed to work whatever lol i wont bitch
  • Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham:
    Hehehe
    Alysh_Graham @ Alysh_Graham: Hehehe