Gaming [PPOTW] Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?

Do you think the Xbox One launch was good?

• Yes

Votes: 92 28.4%
  • No

Votes: 212 65.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 20 6.2%

• Total voters

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
In terms of games yes, it has a good variety to choose from and for launch consoles that's not something you get always.

PS4's launch titles were weak but oh well.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love this forum. 1 million systems are sold and people still regard it as a bad launch.
Yeah...this. Exactly this.

C'mon, guys. Seriously? They pretty much sabotaged their own E3 performance, had to revert a huge-ass part of their announcements, it's a hundred bucks more expensive than the PS4 and it has a freakin' kinect of which the only feature is to let the NSA spy on you. Oh, and a candidate CEO publicly thinks about selling the xbox brand.

Yet it sells one million copies in 24 hours and that ISN'T a success? Honestly? :angry:

I know this forums isn't very microsoft-friendly, but this is just retarded. I've got a poster on the wall with a saying: "success...it's not the position you stand but the direction you look". This poll couldn't make it any more clearer than that. Some people are too busy looking for signs that microsoft is failing to see this little big thing called reality.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah...this. Exactly this.

C'mon, guys. Seriously? They pretty much sabotaged their own E3 performance, had to revert a huge-ass part of their announcements, it's a hundred bucks more expensive than the PS4 and it has a freakin' kinect of which the only feature is to let the NSA spy on you. Oh, and a candidate CEO publicly thinks about selling the xbox brand.

Yet it sells one million copies in 24 hours and that ISN'T a success?

Well, you know, somebody's got to hate Microsoft. I suppose them selling a million consoles is pretty good... spread out over thirteen countries... Yeah, some money is better than none. I hope my optimism is showing instead of sarcasm.

jonesman99

GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Actually, both had a bit of a shortage when it came to meeting the demand. The thing that Microsoft had over Sony's launch is how fast they tried to ship more units out after launch. At my job, we just got a second shipment of Xbones the following Monday after launch, but that is also the same day we got the second shipment of PS4s. We only received two of both, still not really enough to lower that demand, but its a start.

Overall, I felt Microsoft was better equipped for the startup of the new generation, but lets see how they both can last, in terms of prices, online, games, and features.

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Xbox One launch was great 1 million in 24 hours ? Jesus

You're missing the part about the thirteen countries it took to make that much. And you might want to work on your trolling a bit more; be more subtle. The PS4 launch was great; 1 million in 24 hours. In two countries. I suppose they were both successful. But the WiiU, in spite of having more launch titles, sold significantly less consoles. Maybe because people were buying the games to go with them instead of just consoles.

Deltaechoe

The Dopefish
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox one is being given a profitable outlook, and I assume the launch brought positive revenue to Microsoft. I would say, given this, that the xbox one launch was a rousing success

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strictly on a games front, I don't think any one of the systems (PS4, Xbone, or Wii U) had a good launch at all. There are no must have games at any of these launches as far as I'm concerned. Once the games are there will be once I get a system, I only just got a Wii U a week ago, cuz the games are finally starting to get good (first game I got was Super Mario 3D world, except of course the included Nintendo Land), and next year looks very promissing (hopefully we get both MK8 and Smash). i think next year looks promissing for the other systems too, but only once enough games pique my interest will I get a PS4 or Xbone.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know but i newer get burned when buying Nintendo's stuff...they are always good.

Virtual boy
N64
Gamecube
GBM possibly
The Wii U has hardly rocked the world.
Depending upon what you like the Wii played second fiddle to a lot of things as well.

Virtual boy and Wii U aside they have all had some games (and the GBM was more of a timing thing), and of course many of those are Nintendo games which some people really go in for, so completely barren is a stretch. However if I had got a GC or N64 at launch I would probably have lived to regret it down the line.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    I tried wireless transfer on phone before and yes, it's garbage. lol. So sloooooooooowwwwww.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New south park was not really that funny.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i heard modern south park is too serious
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did it hurt your feelings?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Some are still funny, but they always try to use a subject matter related to something going on today.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    All you need is one dose of Lizzo to make yourself feel better
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Who tf is lizzo
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They always make valid points on that show and it goes over people's heads over sensitivity reasons
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @BigOnYa i mean south park did that way back in the day too
    +2
    remember the Michael Jackson episodes?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or blaming the only jew in the show on 9/11 or having the police shoot the only black kid during a school shooting or saying Kanye a gay fish list goes on
    +2
    the gay fish thing was funny as fuck
    +1
    and i don't even follow or care about kanhye
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everytime i hear that real song, i think of that episode, "I'm a Gay fish yal."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    So was the way they showed how messed up the American health system was to get anything done
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont watch south park that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Old people driving was a funny one, like cars up on 2nd/3rd floors in houses. Had to shut down old country buffet to stop them.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/VAfy26xs6e0?si=EuGdWe_Y25-rfmms accurate