PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

1.jpg

PPSSPP/Libretro Switch Public Beta by m4xw
==========================================

After a lot of work, I am very happy to share this with all of you.
Audio & Video support works, many core options cause Issues tho.

It is mandatory to "Close Content" after changing any Core option and restarting RetroArch, else it will potentially crash, don't close the RetroArch menu!

Special thanks to hrydgard for everything he has done for the PPSSPP Project.
If you want to support his work, consider buying PPSSPP Gold https://central.ppsspp.org/buygold even if you don't use it!

I will PR it once the libretro port is finished, also implemented half of what's needed for a Standalone port ;)
Source is on my Github, but it's highly WIP and needs a custom RA and a custom ffmpeg, so you should just wait if you want to build it yourself ;)

Libretro Docs (important informations for this core):
https://docs.libretro.com/library/ppsspp/
Official Game Compatibility Tracker (your mileage might vary): https://report.ppsspp.org/games

GitHub (WIP Switch): https://github.com/m4xw/ppsspp/
GitHub (Official): https://github.com/hrydgard/ppsspp

Installation Instructions

Drag & Drop the "retroarch" folder to the root of your SD, overwriting any file (it will not touch any options).
Assets are bundled, so you don't have to bother with that.

Notes

If you are using ANY method of loading RetroArch OTHER than Atmosphere's title redirection feature, DO NOT report issues that you encounter.
These issues can skew testing and could very well be caused by loading through an unsupported method.

Video slowdowns are related to missing hardware accelerated decoding (nvdec), it's not a libretro/PPSSPP Issue.
FMV cut-scenes will be fine.

Updates

Added JIT and JIT Vertex Decoder Support
- When loading Savestates with JIT, make sure to instantly open the RetroArch Menu again and wait for it to complete loading
- This is a libretro specific bug (not switch port related) and will be fixed later on

-Added Vertex JIT Core option (turning it off fixes some games currently)
-Added Disable slow Framebuffer effects Core option (Speedhack)
-Increased Savestate Chunk size to 4MB (speeds up savestate load, ~2sec)
-Band-Aid for Savestate load + Save (no more opening menu for them to work)
-Renamed "IR JIT" to "IR Interpreter"
-Removed Threaded IO Core option (non-functional)
-Removed Non-Buffered Rendering Core option (non-functional)
-General system stability improvements to enhance the user's experience.

Download Link: <Please use the RetroArch Core updater>

Last edited by m4xw,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using PPSSPP in RA and exFAT just fugged my whole SD. I would switch to FAT32 ASAP.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Use FAT32 - I had this issue with exFAT which did eventually crap out on me since it was exfat.

I am aware of that. I am not a noobs but I will stick with exFAT. It's still working just fine for me. I know what I am doing and that's why it didn't screwed up since last November 2018. I have a backup, just in case. I have a faith in exFAT anyway. Thanks. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
people for the last time fat32!

lol

LOL. Brawl345, you don't know me. And I know this one. I read it before. It was in October and I used exFAT in November so I know what I am doing. By the way, I am GitHub reader. I enjoyed them but I am stick with my decision. If it crashes then I will go back to fat32. No biggie deal. So far, nothing happens. If it aint broken then don't fixed it. Thank you again.

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: mitcha

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
anyone knows if it's even possible to change my micro sd card from exfat to fat32. i'm using sx os with 29gb of hidden emunand on the micro sd card!!!

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
anyone knows if it's even possible to change my micro sd card from exfat to fat32. i'm using sx os with 29gb of hidden emunand on the micro sd card!!!
it's definitely going to take a few extra steps to make the switch, but I'm not knowledgable about sx emunand at all. better go to their forums and ask around

satel

Luigi's Big Brother
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
it's definitely going to take a few extra steps to make the switch, but I'm not knowledgable about sx emunand at all. better go to their forums and ask around

looks like i did it ok,i copied all the files from the micro sd card to another drive then i used EaseUS partition master to format the exfat parition of the micro sd card to fat32,hidden emunand is untouched as you have the option to leave it as is,mini partition tool did not have this option you can only format the entire micro sd card by deleting & creating new partition.

this is useful info for other sx os users who want to go from exfat to fat32 for more stable retroarch/homebrew....etc

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
I know what I am doing and that's why it didn't screwed up since last November 2018. I have a backup, just in case. I have a faith in exFAT anyway. Thanks.
You "knowing what I am doing" wont stop an unstable system module from destroying your card. Even on OFW exFAT is fucked. I had faith for a long time too, since December 2018 actually. If you stick with exfat I promise you it will slowly degrade over time.

That being said, since you know the warnings and issues with it, and still choose to use it then we can leave it at that. Good luck!

Reactions: Brawl345

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You "knowing what I am doing" wont stop an unstable system module from destroying your card. Even on OFW exFAT is fucked. I had faith for a long time too, since December 2018 actually. If you stick with exfat I promise you it will slowly degrade over time.

That being said, since you know the warnings and issues with it, and still choose to use it then we can leave it at that. Good luck!

Good luck ? Nothing to do with good luck because it is just superstitious belief.

Okay, thank you because we can just leave it at that. :grog:

stitchxd

Trophies
Website
gnusocial.me
XP
Country
United States
Nothing to do with good luck because it is just superstitious belief

Superstitious belief? Not only have I experienced the corruption of exfat myself, but countless other users have as well. If you want to ignore the evidence of how exfat is bugged as fuck fine. But don't sit here and tell everyone that multiple developers and users alike are liars.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Superstitious belief? Not only have I experienced the corruption of exfat myself, but countless other users have as well. If you want to ignore the evidence of how exfat is bugged as fuck fine. But don't sit here and tell everyone that multiple developers and users alike are liars.

Thank you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    hunter x hunter
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    he has not allowed anyone to continue it for him for example
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @salazarcosplay, theres a dragon ball af mod for budokai 3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
    NinStar @ NinStar: people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious