Homebrew [Pre-release] Agbsave9 - Tool to extract agb_firm saves.

Ketchup901

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't understand how you use it, how are you supposed to open the program from AGB_FIRM, that's not possible at all. Or do you just open the game and exit it, rebooting the console, then open Agbsave9?

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how you use it, how are you supposed to open the program from AGB_FIRM, that's not possible at all. Or do you just open the game and exit it, rebooting the console, then open Agbsave9?
Yes. Open game, exit, reboot, run agbsave9

tatundria

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have a problem. I put the title id (000e45c) in the gen_rom.py. However, when I tried to install the .cia that contains the save file with FBI, I found that the title id has changed (00000e4). Any help on this please?

yoshinatsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Injections and dumps worked fine for me with this after I found out what to do, but with some expections.

When I dump Pokemon games, they come out as 64kb files, instead of 128kb that they should be.
Is this a known issue, and if it is, is there any workaround?

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Injections and dumps worked fine for me with this after I found out what to do, but with some expections.

When I dump Pokemon games, they come out as 64kb files, instead of 128kb that they should be.
Is this a known issue, and if it is, is there any workaround?
There's a work around stated in a few pages in this thread,I'm on mobile and about to leave so good luck but it's just opening it in an emulator and changing the save size.

Ailuros27

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had to use VBA to open the save, then change the save size in VBA's menus, then save it. Then inject the newly changed save instead of the other one. It will often say "The save file is corrupted" when you start, but it still loads fine.

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I modified my save agb_dump.sav in an emulator but when I do the injection it keeps the old save.
Does the agb_dump.sav need to go in a specific place for it to be injected back into the game? I have it in the root of my sd card.

Purge

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I modified my save agb_dump.sav in an emulator but when I do the injection it keeps the old save.
Does the agb_dump.sav need to go in a specific place for it to be injected back into the game? I have it in the root of my sd card.
...You don't put the save on your sd card. How would the python script build a cia using a .sav file that's not even on your computer? Put it in the inject folder and run the script.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

1. Dump the save from a game of your choice using Agbsave9 and note the title id and save type
  2. Put the save you want to inject into the agb_inject folder and open the gen_rom.py script
  3. Follow the instructions on the command prompt and it should generate a CIA file
    • Save's name: The save you want to inject
    • Name of CIA: Obviously...
    • Save type: Typing the number of the save type worked for me
    • Title ID: The title ID you receive from dumping
  4. Install the generated cia (It may ask you to replace an existing one. Do so)
  5. Run the programm you've just installed
  6. When "AGB_FIRM save injector" appears, turn off 3DS
  7. Go into the Nintendo 3ds folder from your SD card and enter your NAND folder where you installed your game
  8. Go into title/0040000
  9. Go into the folder matching the title ID
  10. Backup the data folder
  11. Reinstall your game
  12. Restore the data folder and you're done

This was on page 14, just fyi.

Last edited by lonewolf08,

Rasa39

Pervert Deluxe
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This was on page 14, just fyi.

Yeah I saw it on the github release page, it didn't solve my problem though.
But I did figure it out shortly after posting. I had to create the cia using my modified agb_dump.sav, which seems obvious now, but the backup and restore of the data folder is what threw me (as inserting the modified #.sav there changed nothing)

Thanks anyway though.

lonewolf08

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I saw it on the github release page, it didn't solve my problem though.
But I did figure it out shortly after posting. I had to create the cia using my modified agb_dump.sav, which seems obvious now, but the backup and restore of the data folder is what threw me (as inserting the modified #.sav there changed nothing)

Thanks anyway though.
That's what step two says put the save you want to inject... but I'm glad you got it working.

Beat_

Trophies
XP
Country
I can't use the python script I get an error saying "C could not be opened" OP what does this mean?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In that case, you'll need a special payload for it. I wrote a tutorial for AGBSave which you might find useful, it has a working A9LH payload, unless the newer versions of A9LH broke it(I still have to test).
Still not working. Just to check I'm putting everything in the right place I put "Agbsave9" folder in the 3DS folder and the other files in the root

matpower

Messenger from Zero
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Still not working. Just to check I'm putting everything in the right place I put "Agbsave9" folder in the 3DS folder and the other files in the root
Well, you are using A9LH with sysNAND at 11.0, right? Download this, if you are using Luma3DS, rename it to "LEFT_AGBSave9.bin", put inside /luma/payloads and turn your 3DS on pressing Left on D-PAD, if you are using something and don't have a bootloader, rename it to "arm9loaderhax.bin" and copy to the root of your SD card(Backup that file in your SD card before you do that), it should load AGBSave9 directly.

I just tested it on my 3DS and I'm sure this payload still works, with Delibird's A9LH v1.

Reactions: Kourin

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    updated ship of harkinian, gonna install some hd texture pack
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I might download rayman revolution for my ps3
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I may try the new ram site, and download more RAM to my Switch. Not sure if ddr3 is the right ram
    for it tho. Edit- no it uses floppy Ram, just like @AncientBoi
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    aeiou
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    And sometimes Z
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, MAGA supporters be wearing tin foil hats lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, whats maga?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    It stands for Maniacs Against General Acceptance
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, people rejecting general consensus about stuff?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, nuh its really just Trump followers
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, im not american so i dont care about trump
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    or us elections
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me niether, us north Koreans don't care
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i don't care either, even if i'm american
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    truth be told, i agree with psi, i dislike both candidates, but i'd probably vote trump simply because the economy was better during his presidency
    +1
  • AngryCinnabon @ AngryCinnabon:
    Just be careful, if trump ends up winning and using project 2025 America might really change...for the worse.
    I'm not american and even that sends shivers down my spine.
    anything that offers trump an opportunity to become an actual dictator
    is bad in my book, i could care less if it wasn't for that...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Canada: America's Russia
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    people are so dramatic that I can't even tell if they are being serious
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Why so serious!
    @BakerMan, yeah that's about the only reason I would vote for Trump over Biden.
    In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: In my opinion on all other factors they are pretty much the same.