Hacking PRELOADER v.25 Released

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
As for the simple renaming the system menu dol in the nand filesystem...
What would happen if we put only the dol of the corresponding system menu of our system in the sd card?

Say we have pal, put the ntsc system menu's dol... temporary semi-brick?

Hmm we could start experimenting with our own system menu dol
tongue.gif

lourens

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Why is this so special? I mean, you can run HBC even if your Wii has a banner brick. Starfall does exactly the same, only a boot.dol from SD Card (WAD Manager).

It would be really cool (I hope BootMii will) if you can completely back-up and restore the NAND. This way you can recover from any brick!

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
where do i put the boot.dol file to autoboot ????

I tried to put it on the root of the sd card but is doent load up??

IronMask

Official WiiStuntman First to Test ciosCorp!
OP
Trophies
Website
ironmaskshideout.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys! I should have mentioned that it works great on my ntsc console... I think Crediar was originally waiting on a friend to test it but was busy... I told him I had my crash mask on! He laughed and sent me the file... I tested it...and asked when he was going to release it.... he said, now. I said...ok I'm on it !
wink.gif

I went to ask him for the source to starfall and this is what I get!!! LMAO!
laugh.gif

Have fun peeps!

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
this would break any kind of system menu patcher I guess... since now preloader renames system menu dol, patchers can't load the system menu dol... now it's understood why you can't boot menu patcher or a similar program with preloader
smile.gif

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands
I'm not sure... and BootMii will be better I think...
It loads HBC from Boot2 and Team Twiizerz easy can add that hack.ini edit bla bla option into their bootmii too I think
smile.gif

Also:
Gecko OS 1.7B incl source (wiibrew)
Now we should are be able to get the hex lines from Gecko OS 1.7b and inject it into the NAND
(To move saves and disc channel always too! - No rebooter
biggrin.gif
- May even cheats without rebooter?)

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
20clarky08 said:
is it just me or has BootMii jus been totally NUKED lol

I don't know why everyone says that...I hope I'm not wrong, if so, flame me, ok, it was my fault...

As far as I get it, BootMii patches/replaces boot2, and this is safer than just patches/replaces the Systemmenu (boot2 launches earlier)...if I understood right, Forsaekns dashboard is even better than this (launches between boot2 and Menu), and BootMii is even better than Dashboard, because it has full controll over the software, launches earlier, is nearly unremoveable and maybe has some more features we still don't know yet...and the Winner is?

The people/community who can choose between great apps!!!

Although, good work. Nice to see that the Homebrew-Scene is very alive!!! Keep it up
grog.gif
!

20clarky08

Official Wii Freak
Trophies
Website
20clarky08.googlepages.com
XP
Country
the community on this site man, is turnin out the best apps i've ever scene on a homebrew scene..

i dont think it will be to long until we have WiiMC, a kinda XBMC clone letting us load from HDD and such..

on that point do you think it would be possible to engineer a .dol that could point to a Wii ISO extracted in a folder on a USB drive or am i gettin well ahead of my self here...

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with the setting not being saved I think. Not quite sure. Is this that deal where starfall has to be removed to be able to change setting? I seem to remember in recent discussion in the System Menu thread that was being talked about.

wim6

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Settings are save to your sd card on the root of it, the hacks.ini file sould be on it , if its not then put it it there, By the way you can load the HBC with it , does the preloader start it up as a wad or as a dol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...