fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
fishears said:
I'm having trouble with my devkit at the mo' - keep getting "this is not a valid wii application" on HBC
So, if someone wants to compile this source and either run it on a clean 3.2E Wii or just post the dol back here and I'll run it. It's just a modified crazymenucopy source.
It will give us the PAL code for disc channel moving

EDIT: link fixed
i hate to do this (bumping my own post) but someone please compile this for me. My devkit seems screwed right now - nothing I compile will load on HBC anymore - I'm freaking out already!

srath

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
-fixed systemmenu loading for all systemmenu versions

So this should work properly on 3.4 now? It worked, but corupted the menu. It uses 00000063 instead of 00000043 or whatever the numbers are.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
Actually, the Lock All Channels could be useful.

Some people wanted to lock the HBC, so if you could lock that one channel and still have it accessible from the Preloader menu (assuming you auto-boot to sysmenu) then that would work.

the hack locks the channels in place, so pretty useless really

Arm the Homeless

Custom Title
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
nutta_nic said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Some people wanted to lock the HBC, so if you could lock that one channel and still have it accessible from the Preloader menu (assuming you auto-boot to sysmenu) then that would work.

Oh. I thought is was unselectable channels.

nutta_nic

Trophies
XP
Country
Arm the Homeless said:
nutta_nic said:
Arm the Homeless said:

Oh. I thought is was unselectable channels.
no its shite dont worry about it
laugh.gif

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
fishears said:
fishears said:
I'm having trouble with my devkit at the mo' - keep getting "this is not a valid wii application" on HBC
So, if someone wants to compile this source and either run it on a clean 3.2E Wii or just post the dol back here and I'll run it. It's just a modified crazymenucopy source.

i hate to do this (bumping my own post) but someone please compile this for me. My devkit seems screwed right now - nothing I compile will load on HBC anymore - I'm freaking out already!

Dude this will not work, you should have a more descriptive search code block... 41820120 is just too common... that code found in 16 places in system menu...

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂstatic const u32 movediscchannel[1] ={0x41820120};
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsearch_patch(movediscchannel,1, (u32 *) 0x81330000, (u32 *) 0x81770000);

correct code block search constant should be...

CODE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂstatic const u32 movediscchannel[3] = {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x2C040000,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x41820120,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x3C608109
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ};

by the way, remove that old crazymenu, it has bugs...

below added move disc channel stuff and recompiled my last version... make sure you add 4 to the found address (the last one printed)
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/crazymenusrc.rar

Tomorrow I'll add some code to the menu loader to create the hacks.ini file directly using menu loader code... since it's just a matter of dumping the addresses with the values flushed into them...

Cheers...

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi...

I use the preloader with the new Disc-Channel Hack and it works just fine!
Using a PAL Wii with the 290 @ hack.ini.
Just wondering if there a multiple settings for one option.
Example:
Code:
[Skip disc update]
version=290
offset=0x813791F0
value=0x60000000
[Skip disc update]
version=290
offset=0x813791F4
value=0x60000000

So... if I'm right... I have to enable ALL options of a hack for ONE hack getting work!?
What happens if I forget to enable one of a hack option? Hack doesn't work? Crash!?

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
uhm this was answered way earlier in the thread. both must be enable for the hack to work. if only one is it wont work, and a crash is possible. however you would just go into your settings by holding reset and turn the other on and be good to go again.

off topic... am i the only one whos starting to find that: provocatively posed peaches preach pervertedness?
translation without all the p's.... they are starting to creep me out.

D-Jay

High rulez
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
laugh.gif

I'm working as a photographer and peach was posing for me
tongue.gif

BTT:
One thing more... Is there a way to boot up PreLoader in a silent mode when I load autoloader.dol?

elheat77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just installed this last night and it works as advertised. Only one game didn't work and it was WII music ntsc. I had dumped it myself previously. I dumped it again and scrubbed it and it worked go figure. So this also loads non 1:1 backups as well.

One think I have noticed though is I can no longer move the disc channel. Tried using the gamma loader rebooter function and it code dumps when I hit B to reboot. Same issue with Gecko OS.

Maybe it's something I did wrong. IDK. Does anyone have any solutions or ideas?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
WiiCrazy said:
fishears said:
fishears said:

Dude this will not work, you should have a more descriptive search code block... 41820120 is just too common... that code found in 16 places in system menu...

Code:
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂstatic const u32 movediscchannel[1] ={0x41820120};
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂsearch_patch(movediscchannel,1, (u32 *) 0x81330000, (u32 *) 0x81770000);

correct code block search constant should be...

CODE
ÂÂÂÂÂÂstatic const u32 movediscchannel[3] = {
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x2C040000,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x41820120,
ÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂÂ0x3C608109
ÂÂÂÂÂÂ};

by the way, remove that old crazymenu, it has bugs...

below added move disc channel stuff and recompiled my last version... make sure you add 4 to the found address (the last one printed)
http://www.tepetaklak.com/data/crazymenusrc.rar

Tomorrow I'll add some code to the menu loader to create the hacks.ini file directly using menu loader code... since it's just a matter of dumping the addresses with the values flushed into them...

Cheers...
Thanks WiCrazy. If I was smarter I might be dangerous so maybe it's better this way
wink.gif

mrtankjump

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can't we use the concept of sadmenu with preloader to autoboot sadmenu or another system menu appearance mod that patches the system menu in memory, so that we would have the effect of a customized system menu, without the fear of a banner brick?

fishears

fishears
Trophies
Website
code.google.com
XP
Country
OK, here's the Move Disc Channel hack for PAL users:

[Move Disc Channel]
version=290
offset=0x813A7E84
value=0x60000000