• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pride Month begins tomorrow. Considering Target and Bud Light, how do you think the nation will respond this year?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I trusted Aunt Jemima. She was there throughout my entire childhood.

Even knowing they are the same company, I do not trust Pearl Milling Company. They abandoned ship and I just can't respect that. Kowtowing is not something I admire in anyone who did no wrong.

Ligeia

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is anyone still naive enough in this day and age to actually think companies promoting any social/environmental issue is genuine ? Gimme a break. Companies just do whatever they think will be the most profitable.

As long as LGBT things are trendy, companies will get on the bandwagon and pose as LGBT advocates. If the trend changes someday, companies will change their stance and adjust to the new trend. Simple as that.

Reactions: EthanB

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they actually cared, they would be trying to give healthcare and meals to every child. Instead, they are actually trying to take meals away from them and banning books even mentioning LGBT, even if it just talking about animals.

Reactions: EthanB

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE fucking stop with the personal attacks. It's mostly @supermist doing it. And @Doran754 , you can't just call someone a cunt. Attack their ARGUMENT, not their person.

Play nice and act like you are fucking grown, or please leave the topic. Go fight yourselves in private. Please.

Reactions: sombrerosonic

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they actually cared, they would be trying to give healthcare and meals to every child. Instead, they are actually trying to take meals away from them and banning books even mentioning LGBT, even if it just talking about animals.
They are not banning books that mention LGBT. They are banning 'Gender Queer' because it actually features graphic depictions of an underaged child performing oral sex, with an actual representation of a penis in his mouth.

Do you want kindergartners to have access to this book? Do you think that this is age-appropriate for even middle-schoolers?

Before you answer that; have you READ the book? I have. It's beyond disgusting and is ABSOLUTELY a vehicle for grooming children, in my unqualified and totally personal opinion. Why else have a graphic book to teach kids about how "hot"
is was for a boy to lick your genitals. An underaged boy, which are the only people featured in the book you have not read.

Just saying. Read it first, and then ask yourself if YOU would have your 6-year-old niece or nephew on your lap, while you read it together. While you point out the penis in the mouth of an underaged child and try to talk to your first-grader about how "hot" that is.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tango Makes Three
Do you think that I would be banned for CP if I posted an image from that book, here on GBAtemp?

I am 100% certain that I would be, and that I would deserve it, since there are kids who come to this site.

Since this is true, why should this book be available to anyone under the age of consent?

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you think that I would be banned for CP if I posted an image from that book, here on GBAtemp?

I am 100% certain that I would be, and that I would deserve it, since there are kids who come to this site.

Since this is true, why should this book be available to anyone under the age of consent?
Since it is just a true story about penguins taking care of an egg, I doubt it.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Since it is just a true story about penguins taking care of an egg, I doubt it.
It... it is not a story about penguins. It is a 239-page book written about gender identity that includes graphic scenes or texts referring to masturbation, and a scene that straight up features a strap-on in the mouth of a CHILD.

I am not trying to be a dick, here. I am asking a logical question. Which age group do you think that this is appropriate material for? At what age would you have one of YOUR family members sitting with you while you read this book to them, personally?

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't have a problem with kids learning about their bodies and I believe that sexual education is important.

I just don't want kids in elementary school or middle school to have access to sexually graphic material. I want kids to remain innocent as long as possible, and I think society is introducing them to sex at WAAAAY too young an age.

We didn't even have sex ed until I was 15 and it was split in between Driver's Ed, P.E. and sex ed, for like a week.

High school is the appropriate age to learn about these things. 8th grade, at the very earliest, since kids are going through puberty by then. Absolutely NOT acceptable for elementary school.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I better over react and get all fussy for the lols