• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

Pride Month begins tomorrow. Considering Target and Bud Light, how do you think the nation will respond this year?

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So you'll do a "thread cleanup" but happily leave the posts alluding to LGBTQ+ people being predators. Fuck this shitty website.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So you'll do a "thread cleanup" but happily leave the posts alluding to LGBTQ+ people being predators. Fuck this shitty website.
Oh it's time to get this thread locked? All you have to do is point out that Christianity has been a pedophile conspiracy since 1946 when several passages forbidding child sex and child marriage were removed from the bible. Factual and pisses off every rightie here. Easy peasy.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh it's time to get this thread locked? All you have to do is point out that Christianity has been a pedophile conspiracy since 1946 when several passages forbidding child sex and child marriage were removed from the bible. Factual and pisses off every rightie here. Easy peasy.
You are about 1700 years late. Remember the Second Council of Nicea, which excised the entire Gospel of Mary, and removed every part of Yeshua's life from 12-30. LOTS got removed way before the KJV.

The greatest and worst horror novel ever compiled in human history, in my actually qualified position, is the Bible.

Reactions: Xzi

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.
They are not banning books that mention LGBT.
I posted Tango Makes Three, because the very premise that people aren't banning books for simply having anything LGBT is wrong.

As for Gender Queer, I think they could have gotten their point across without those pictures, but I'm having a hard time finding if this was even found in middle school libraries, let alone elementary schools. Meanwhile, Utah repealed their middle and elementary ban of the Bible.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear.

I posted Tango Makes Three, because the very premise that people aren't banning books for simply having anything LGBT is wrong.

As for Gender Queer, I think they could have gotten their point across without those pictures, but I'm having a hard time finding if this was even found in middle school libraries, let alone elementary schools. Meanwhile, Utah repealed their middle and elementary ban of the Bible.
So, you WOULD agree that 'Gender Queer', specifically and in particular, should not be made available to minors, based on its graphic depictions of underaged sex acts between consenting minors?

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So, you WOULD agree that 'Gender Queer', specifically and in particular, should not be made available to minors, based on its graphic depictions of underaged sex acts between consenting minors?
Tbh if it depicts graphic sex between minors then who the shit even published it? No one should be reading that shit. CP is fucking vile.

• Love
Reactions: WalterSlovotsky

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tbh if it depicts graphic sex between minors then who the shit even published it? No one should be reading that shit. CP is fucking vile.
This is the only correct answer. Good form.

Here is the... mostly SFW edited and censored image. Tell me if you want kids to have access to this.

Actually, it won't even let me post it. All the better.

If you Google "gender queer image" and just look for the highest Reddit post, you will see it.

This link has more. Be warned. I am almost 40, and I DEFINITELY do not want any of my nieces or nephews to see this.

If you are not 18, PLEASE DO NOT CLICK THIS LINK. Even though some folks find this content perfectly acceptable for children, I do not, and I am asking you to not click this if you are not an adult, due to its graphic depictions and subject matter. This is NOT for kids. But some people want it to be made available to children, and I find that wrong.

https://theiowastandard.com/shockin...h-is-stocked-in-school-libraries-across-iowa/

If any moderator takes this down, not only do I fully understand and agree with your decision, but I am forced to ask why anyone could support this book being read by children, if just a few images from it are taken down from the political section of a gaming forum.

If this isn't appropriate for Temp'ers, it is ABSOLUTELY not appropriate for children.

Last edited by WalterSlovotsky,

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This is the only correct answer. Good form.

Here is the... mostly SFW edited and censored image. Tell me if you want kids to have access to this.

Actually, it won't even let me post it. All the better.

If you Google "gender queer image" and just look for the highest Reddit post, you will see it.

This link has more. Be warned. I am almost 40, and I DEFINITELY do not want any of my nieces or nephews to see this.

https://theiowastandard.com/shockin...h-is-stocked-in-school-libraries-across-iowa/

If any moderator takes this down, not only do I fully understand and agree with your decision, but I am forced to ask why anyone could support this book being read by children, if just a few images from it are taken down from the political section of a gaming forum.

If this isn't appropriate for Temp'ers, it is ABSOLUTELY not appropriate for children.
I can't see anything depicting minors but still that's not right for children. If you wanna teach children diversity then there are better methods than this book.

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't see anything depicting minors but still that's not right for children. If you wanna teach children diversity then there are better methods than this book.
Look at the eighth image from the top. You can clearly see a young man doing things with his mouth to another underaged boy. IN his mouth. Granted, it's a device and not a body part. Very little distinction, in my eyes. This book is absolute trash and should never have been published, targeting children as it is.

At least we can agree on that.

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Look at the eighth image from the top. You can clearly see a young man doing things with his mouth to another underaged boy. IN his mouth. Granted, it's a device and not a body part. Very little distinction, in my eyes. This book is absolute trash and should never have been published, targeting children as it is.

At least we can agree on that.
It shouldn't have been published no. There are plenty of other LGBTQ+ books that aim to educate people of all ages that would do a better job than graphical depictions of CP. I think children should learn about LGBTQ+ people but not like that. I was 4 when I knew I was "different". I realised what that difference was when I was about 8 or 9. I grew up when there wasn't really any books about people like me and gay people on TV were few and far between. I had no outside influence to make me the way I am, I just am who I am. I wish I could've had the resources back then so I wouldn't have hated myself so much. I was a prolific self harmer and I attempted suicide on more than one occasion because I couldn't accept who I was. Books and other media designed to educate people are there to prevent more people feeling how I felt and I am 10000% for it. I have been groomed and I have been raped, but not all LGBTQ people are like that, the vast majority aren't like that. Most people calling us groomers and paedophiles have never experienced that in their life and I am thankful they havent because it's horrific. That being said, this book is trash.

• Sad

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It shouldn't have been published no. There are plenty of other LGBTQ+ books that aim to educate people of all ages that would do a better job than graphical depictions of CP. I think children should learn about LGBTQ+ people but not like that. I was 4 when I knew I was "different". I realised what that difference was when I was about 8 or 9. I grew up when there wasn't really any books about people like me and gay people on TV were few and far between. I had no outside influence to make me the way I am, I just am who I am. I wish I could've had the resources back then so I wouldn't have hated myself so much. I was a prolific self harmer and I attempted suicide on more than one occasion because I couldn't accept who I was. Books and other media designed to educate people are there to prevent more people feeling how I felt and I am 10000% for it. I have been groomed and I have been raped, but not all LGBTQ people are like that, the vast majority aren't like that. Most people calling us groomers and paedophiles have never experienced that in their life and I am thankful they havent because it's horrific. That being said, this book is trash.
Survivor, here, too. Father's commanding officer. He got two years, 18 suspended. Got out in 18 months, WITH AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE, went on to have kids and is now a pilot in Arizona. I know this for a reason. Just in case. I know where he goes to church. Should the day come when I have nothing to lose...

But that is just a happy revenge fantasy.

I understand how you feel. He took me on a plane and let me fly it. He was a father figure to me. I fully understand. I spent more time in psychiatric hospitals than he did in prison.

Every child molestor on the planet deserves to die. Better, they deserve to be trapped and restrained in a room with the family members of their victims, each of whom gets to pick their instrument of pain to use against the fucking piece of shit who would harm a kid.

You are not alone.

• Sad
Reactions: EthanB

EthanB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Survivor, here, too. Father's commanding officer. He got two years, 18 suspended. Got out in 18 months, WITH AN HONORABLE DISCHARGE, went on to have kids and is now a pilot in Arizona. I know this for a reason. Just in case. I know where he goes to church. Should the day come when I have nothing to lose...

But that is just a happy revenge fantasy.

I understand how you feel. He took me on a plane and let me fly it. He was a father figure to me. I fully understand. I spent more time in psychiatric hospitals than he did in prison.

Every child molestor on the planet deserves to die. Better, they deserve to be trapped and restrained in a room with the family members of their victims, each of whom gets to pick their instrument of pain to use against the fucking piece of shit who would harm a kid.

You are not alone.
I'm sorry you went through that, I know it's truly awful and if I could I would drop them all in a vat of battery acid and watch them slowly dissolve in agonising pain. Very dark and twisted perhaps but the thought makes me happy. It made it difficult to form bonds with people. I'm married now though and my husband is great, he's the one person that managed to keep me alive and help me learn to live for myself. I still have my mental health issues but I'm getting there. Copious amounts of drugs and risky sex (how I didn't catch anything I do not know) later I feel like more of a human again. All paedos should be sent to a remote island and then nuke it.

• Love

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry you went through that, I know it's truly awful and if I could I would drop them all in a vat of battery acid and watch them slowly dissolve in agonising pain. Very dark and twisted perhaps but the thought makes me happy. It made it difficult to form bonds with people. I'm married now though and my husband is great, he's the one person that managed to keep me alive and help me learn to live for myself. I still have my mental health issues but I'm getting there. Copious amounts of drugs and risky sex (how I didn't catch anything I do not know) later I feel like more of a human again. All paedos should be sent to a remote island and then nuke it.
The most fucked up part about being a 12-year-old in a residential psychiatric hospital for over a year wasn't missing birthdays and Christmas and Thanksgiving, or being allowed to be a kid without being locked into a room at night, as punishment for being raped.

It was that they made me go through hundreds of hours of therapy sessions to make sure that I "break the cycle" and wouldn't go on to molest other children. They didn't focus on helping me deal with the trauma. The ENTIRE focus was, "Hey. Just because YOU got buttfucked by a grown man, don't think that YOU can go out and do this to other people".

I battled with my sexuality for years after this, thinking all of my friends would instantly think I was gay and bash me for it. It was horrible. Not a bit of the "therapy" they gave me helped.

It has ruined my ability to trust anyone, ever, especially men. You never, ever get over it.

This is why I am an atheist. I WAS a Christian. Until the god of Abraham let a man repeatedly put his penis in my butt, and then knowing that he got off with a slap on the wrist. He isn't even on the registry. Megan's Law wasn't passed at that point. He never had to register. No one knows his crimes.

I am glad that you found a good man who loves you and was able to provide the care you needed.

I am 100% in support of mutilation, castration and public branding for all child molestors. Followed by a very slow and agonizing death, in public.

Thank you for being vulnerable and still extending the trust that you have in this conversation. I know it's hard to talk about, and I am glad you talked to me. We are not alone.

• Love
Reactions: EthanB

WalterSlovotsky

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently, Gender Queer targeted range was always age 16 and up.
Which means that it should not be available in ANY public school, since people in high school range from 13-18, normally.

If this book is available in even a high school, that means kids from 13-15 would still have access to it, by your logic.

This book featuring illustrated CP should never have been published, much less made available to ANY child.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which means that it should not be available in ANY public school, since people in high school range from 13-18, normally.

If this book is available in even a high school, that means kids from 13-15 would still have access to it, by your logic.
You could make an argument, that books meant for older people, should be sectioned off. Maybe they are, I don't know how everyone's library is setup.

That said, if this was really about removing any explicit books from schools, the Bible, for an example, would have also been removed.

And why is it allowed in a middle school?
It shouldn't be. Articles that actually mention middle school, have a point, but most of them mentioned banning the book even from high schools.

omgcat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
damn, we're actually out here thinking that people magically change at 18 and are then suitable to figure out how life works. no one batted an eye when copies of game of thrones were readily available in libraries for anyone to check out, even kids. for fucks sake 90% of people on this website lived during the wild west of the internet, and we all seemingly turned out ok, regardless of the meatspin/mr hands/lemon party shit that people linked to kids ALL THE TIME. don't even get me started on the adult section of newgrounds. what the fuck is up with all of the pearl clutching nowadays. fuck i distinctly remember people daring eachother to look up that shit on the library computers in middleschool/high school. unless these people ban children from the internet wholesale, the books are the least of their problems.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1