Hacking Priiloader Public BETA

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
C.S.I. said:
Have read all that again today, but it was same a week or more back.

No real description on the use of the password facility, and what it does (or does not do).
nothing special except few minor bug fixings and code cleanup

QUOTE(troy512 @ Apr 6 2010, 07:26 AM) anyone haveing trouble compiling the source for r79?? because i am.

also did i read it correctly daco is banned?

edit// sure did, that sucks. sorry
using what libogc version?

ClaKK

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, I'm trying to update to 0.4 final...

What's the difference in using IOS249 or not using it?

Thanks!

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
ClaKK said:
Hi guys, I'm trying to update to 0.4 final...

What's the difference in using IOS249 or not using it?

Thanks!
the only difference is that if cios is installed to 249 you'll be sure that ios patches wont be stopping you from updating/installing

for example, the settings/password deleting in updating needs nand permissions/trucha and cios has both
smile.gif

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
The changelog for 0.4 says:

Added support of all versions of the EU/US system menus(JP/KR are untested)

So that means I can install Priiloader on a 3.4e Wii, but what about system menu hacks? Is there a hacks.ini for the other versions or can I only use the other functions of Priiloader on these SM versions?

Thank you.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
petspeed said:

So that means I can install Priiloader on a 3.4e Wii, but what about system menu hacks? Is there a hacks.ini for the other versions or can I only use the other functions of Priiloader on these SM versions?

Thank you.
the hacks only work for the system menu they are made.

it just means priiloader itself can work fully on every system menu (in theory JP/KR too but since nobody tested that its unknown)

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i updated devkitpro and it worked. i read the changelog saying to use libogc 1.8.3 but didnt understand. im still learning about compiling. thanks

edit//

ive successfully compiled r79. ran the installer and with both a fully patched IOS36 and IOS249-rev17 and IOS249-rev19 [IOS38], i receive an es_identify error.

i know i have a fully patched IOS36 [well minus cDIP]. and i have tried installing using two different versions of IOS249.

i also know i could download r78 which is 0.4 release but i would prefer to compile the source and use the latest versions.

is this a problem, should i report this on the code google page?

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
troy512 said:
i updated devkitpro and it worked. i read the changelog saying to use libogc 1.8.3 but didnt understand. im still learning about compiling. thanks

edit//

ive successfully compiled r79. ran the installer and with both a fully patched IOS36 and IOS249-rev17 and IOS249-rev19 [IOS38], i receive an es_identify error.

i know i have a fully patched IOS36 [well minus cDIP]. and i have tried installing using two different versions of IOS249.

i also know i could download r78 which is 0.4 release but i would prefer to compile the source and use the latest versions.

is this a problem, should i report this on the code google page?
make an issue on google code to be sure
smile.gif

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Fiddling about with 0.4 final trying all the new options
With the option to redirect Gecko output to the screen instead of to a USBGecko I couldn't get back into Priiloader via holding the reset button at start up. I reinstalled Priiloader 0.4 via Homebrew & all is working again but am I missing a less drastic way to switch off this option once it's set?

petspeed

Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
lulwut said:
petspeed said:

Thank you.
the hacks only work for the system menu they are made.

it just means priiloader itself can work fully on every system menu (in theory JP/KR too but since nobody tested that its unknown)

Thank you for your help.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
MisterMooth said:
I get a TMDSize error if I select "Launch Title". What does that mean?
that there is a title registered that is in none existance or its tmd isn't found(or ios failed to get that title's tmd size to be presise)
if this is a title that is on your nand and not on your sd then look into the title(it should list where its found) and see
wink.gif

im sure this is cause you screwed the title or the title is moved to SD

QUOTE(sock99 @ Apr 7 2010, 12:02 PM) Fiddling about with 0.4 final trying all the new options
With the option to redirect Gecko output to the screen instead of to a USBGecko I couldn't get back into Priiloader via holding the reset button at start up. I reinstalled Priiloader 0.4 via Homebrew & all is working again but am I missing a less drastic way to switch off this option once it's set?
works just fine here. keep in mind you need to hold Reset untill it says "reset is hold down"
keep in mind that because stuff appear on the screen that priiloader menu is started. it doesn't work that way with a usbgecko either

sock99

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
lulwut said:
works just fine here. keep in mind you need to hold Reset untill it says "reset is hold down"
keep in mind that because stuff appear on the screen that priiloader menu is started.
Thanks, that's it, it really slows down and I didn't compensate for this.

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
sock99 said:
lulwut said:
keep in mind that because stuff appear on the screen that priiloader menu is started.
Thanks, that's it, it really slows down and I didn't compensate for this.
and its slow because of a reason. if the 2 second sleep wasn't there causing slowdown you couldn't be able to read the output.
COMMON SENSE ANYONE
tongue.gif

EDIT: daco also told me there is a bug with that sleep only under certain circumstances. it has to do with the reset = boot system menu & showing gecko output. he said he had a hacky fix but rather had something else...

lulwut

Trophies
XP
Country
wiixale said:
Hi there,

My Wii is on system menu 3.3v1.

Is there a way to create/get hacks for it, with Priiloader 0.4?
yes there is a way
no i doubt you can do it. you'll need to create the hacks by opening the apps of 3.4 and 3.3; then check everything and find the addresses of the hacks you want etc etc.

aka

if you could do it you prob would have done so already

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
lulwut said:
[...]if you could do it you prob would have done so already

You're probably right.
smile.gif
Thanks for the answer.

I didn't want to wait for someone to create these hacks, but I think it's too difficult for me.
frown.gif

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Where do I enter the magic words? I have been using search... nothing seems to come up that helps me out...

Thanks for your time.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...in the application that needs it.
smile.gif

The use of magic word is probably best illustrated with an example.

Say you use priiloader's function to set both the wii's 'boot' and 'return to' to an 'installed file' (like the 'usb loader cfg' forwarder). That means that everytime the system menu would be called for, it would instead load that installed file. In other words: everytime you boot your wii or click 'return to the wii menu' in some game, it would return to that installed file.

The thing is...what if you don't WANT to return to your installed file? USB loader cfg is pretty good, but you may need to use the genuine system menu from time to time. You can't even set the loader to have a key that would return you to the menu, as priiloader would redirect you straight back into that loader.

That's where the magic word comes in. Instead of mapping a key to return to the system menu in a normal way, you add an extra word to it ('Pune', that is). That signal makes priiloader ignore the installed file, and boot the genuine system menu.

For configurable USB loader (v56 or later, iirc), you add a line like "home = Pune" to your config.txt file to set your home key to use that magic word (of course you'll need v4 of priiloader as well).
I know usb loader gx also knows how to use the magic word, but I don't know the details of that one.

theroar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I add that to the config.txt of configurable... when I press home in cfg loader I will get the sys menu. Sweet!

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:ohnoes::lol::rofl::rofl2: