Homebrew Problem after the fix

notFoxxbtw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Idk if it has already been discussed, but from what I've searched since now, it didn't happen. Now, I've got my 3ds for 10 years or more, and recently I modded it. It worked perfectly, I loved the games on the modded 3DS, but since when I took it to get repaired for the charging port, it started booting slowly, or no booting at all, it depends on the situation, like when you put a cartridge in the Gameboy and one time it works, and 10 times it won't. But when I manage to boot it all the games/apps boot as slowly as the 3DS, or not boot at all. Also, when it doesn't boot, I can still use Rosalina Menù, and access GodMode9/Luma menu by clicking select+power (Luma) and Start+Power (Godmode). Knowing this, what could be the problem? The guy who repaired my 3ds said it worked perfectly until he handled me it, and he knew I had Gojo (jjk character) on the wallpaper, so he actually tested it.
Sorry for the long text, but the more specific, takes less messages for you to help me. Thanks ya anyway <3

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe someone who knows more about the hardware than me will correct me here but it sounds very strange for a charger port repair to affect whether or not the console will boot.

Could you answer a coouple of questions for me please,

When you load the luma config menu does the yellow text on the bottom screen say booted from sd or ctrnand?

Also have you tried to boot the console without the sd card? Does that work?

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I agree, I doubt this has anything to do with the charging port. And trying to boot the console without the SD card would be good for starters.

Have you had the custom theme for a long time? Custom themes can cause problems, especially on large SD cards. How large is your SD card?

notFoxxbtw

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Maybe someone who knows more about the hardware than me will correct me here but it sounds very strange for a charger port repair to affect whether or not the console will boot.

When you load the luma config menu does the yellow text on the bottom screen say booted from sd or ctrnand?

With the SD card is also like a lottery, it depends, it sometimes boot without the modified things, or doesn't boot at all. AND UPDATE RIGHT NOW, WHEN I'M WRITING THIS COMMENT, I got a weird writing on my bottom screen trying to power off my console from Rosalina Menù.
Btw, back to the other question, yes, it says booted from SD. Thanks for any help
Post automatically merged:

I agree, I doubt this has anything to do with the charging port. And trying to boot the console without the SD card would be good for starters.

Have you had the custom theme for a long time? Custom themes can cause problems, especially on large SD cards. How large is your SD card?
My SD card is 32gb, formatted normally by Windows, and I had my theme for a long time, maybe since February? Don't remember, and it's the Arceus theme with the soulsilver special event music.

THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY WEIRD WRITING WITH TURNING OFF THE CONSOLE BY ROSALINA MENU, GODDAMN THAT'S CREEPY

Ok, another update, for now booting without SD card seems to work, plus I've to mention I got some kind of error that told me to turn off the console when I started a cartridge game, but only with the SD in, idk why, so the problem is in the SD, for sure. Now we gonna see what's about.

Attachments

• 20230415_201457.jpg
    20230415_201457.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 31
Last edited by notFoxxbtw,

User154

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
With the SD card is also like a lottery, it depends, it sometimes boot without the modified things, or doesn't boot at all. AND UPDATE RIGHT NOW, WHEN I'M WRITING THIS COMMENT, I got a weird writing on my bottom screen trying to power off my console from Rosalina Menù.
Btw, back to the other question, yes, it says booted from SD. Thanks for any help

My SD card is 32gb, formatted normally by Windows, and I had my theme for a long time, maybe since February? Don't remember, and it's the Arceus theme with the soulsilver special event music.

THIS IS WHAT I MEANT BY WEIRD WRITING WITH TURNING OFF THE CONSOLE BY ROSALINA MENU, GODDAMN THAT'S CREEPY

Ok, another update, for now booting without SD card seems to work, plus I've to mention I got some kind of error that told me to turn off the console when I started a cartridge game, but only with the SD in, idk why, so the problem is in the SD, for sure. Now we gonna see what's about.

So yeah if all still works fine without the sd card the issue is potentially with the sd card.

Have you got another one you can try?

If you want to test for corruption with the current one you can do so with h2testw if you are on windows.

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok, another update, for now booting without SD card seems to work, plus I've to mention I got some kind of error that told me to turn off the console when I started a cartridge game, but only with the SD in, idk why, so the problem is in the SD, for sure.
Copy everything off the card (use Roadkil's Unstoppable Copier) in case there is corruption), format the card, test the empty card with h2testw (h2testw is not useful unless the card is completely empty), and then copy everything back if the test is okay.

he knew I had Gojo (jjk character) on the wallpaper
it's the Arceus theme with the soulsilver special event music
This seems inconsistent.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet battery died out when it was on and it corrupted ur sd card. I had similar issues with my grandsons 2ds I hacked and put games on it for him. He wouldn’t shut it down when done playing and battery died with it on and had issues with system after and ended up being corruption. I’m guessing it may be the same for you seeing how you had a charging port issue maybe the 3ds battery died while it was on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo