Nocturno

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
Hello, I have a ntsc wii v3.4u with wiikey 2 v1.2 installled.

Recently I burned house of the dead overkill pal and the wii recognized it but when I start it, the screen turns black and nothing happens.

HOD overkill came with an update, I tried removing it with bricker blocker, and also blocking it with wiikey option to block updates, both with the same result.

The same thing is happenning with PES 2008.

This is the first time I have problems booting PAL games on my wii.

Do I need any special IOS to run house of the dead?

Thanks in advance.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
I don't know if you have Homebrew, but you will need this to get these Games to work...

There are two possibilities:

1)Run game through GeckoOS
2)Run Game through SoftChip

GeckoOS-Channel
SoftChip-Channel

GeckoOS dol
SoftChip dol

You can take the one you want, it doesn't matter. If you simply want enhanced Region-Free, no Cheating, etc. then I would go with SoftChip, since it can Auto-Boot the game, so simply launch and play. The easiest solution
smile.gif

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Not that this will help a whole lot but I'm coming across the same situation with NTSC-J Pikman on my NTSC-US Wii. Looks like it's going to load and then just a black screen. I am using Gamma and as with Nocturno have never had this problem before with out of region games.

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
jebrown19 said:
Not that this will help a whole lot but I'm coming across the same situation with NTSC-J Pikman on my NTSC-US Wii. Looks like it's going to load and then just a black screen. I am using Gamma and as with Nocturno have never had this problem before with out of region games.

Have you tried SoftChip, with Force to Japanese, and Video-Mode DiscRegion? Play a little bit around...If that don't work, look here:

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=125909

I think WiiPower fixed Pikmin with this...Bascily: Try GeckoOS/Gamma/Softchip, play around until you get the right combination
tongue.gif
. I also have sometimes this problem on a PAL Wii...If the game don't want to boot, I just load it with SoftChip, and it works...

jebrown19

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Great, Softchip worked like a charm.

Now.. if you can only point me to a "Speak Japanese in 3 easy steps" thread, that would be great.

Thanks for your help.

Cheers

Nocturno

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Venezuela
but why would it worked with softchip and not with modchip?

maybe I have to install an ios, house of dead comes with an update, but I can´t install it because it is the pal version..

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Nocturno said:
but why would it worked with softchip and not with modchip?

maybe I have to install an ios, house of dead comes with an update, but I can´t install it because it is the pal version..

Basicly, the Option called "Region-Free" in your Config-Disk, is a lie. It makes that NTSC And NTSC-J Games are shown in the Disc-Channel, and maybe playable. But sometimes, Games require a special Thing, maybe they require a PAL-Video Mode, or want a special Language, etc..which your TV can't display. And that can't do a Modchip for you, it's way to complex for it.

Belive me, you'll be absolute fine with SoftChip, and also you don't need any cIOS or something, just the App. SoftChip will work as a Backup-loader and as a Combination with Modchips, it was desiged for that. It will "Patch" the game on the fly, so it will work, belive me. What do you have to loose? Run the App once through HBC, if it works, great, you can use it every time, or even install a Channel. If it don't work...well, it is a better solotion than messing with IOSes around, isn't it? And you can delete the .dol from the SD-Card any everythings fine, no Traces...

I'm dissapointed that you make a Thread, ask for help, and then even don't try what I've suggested. This is realy sad... do what you want, I've said the right and best solution, go on and mess up with your Wii, it's not my problem anymore.

~Blue-K

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    imagine not having hands, cringe
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    ESPECIALLY for things I do to myself :sad:.. :tpi::rofl2: Or others :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @SylverReZ if you could find a v5 DS ML you would have the best of both worlds since the v5 units had the same backlight brightness levels as the DS Lite unlockable with flashme
    but that's a long shot
    i think only the red mario kart edition phat was v5
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A woman with no arms and no legs was sitting on a beach. A man comes along and the woman says, "I've never been hugged before." So the man feels bad and hugs her. She says "Well i've also never been kissed before." So he gives her a kiss on the cheek. She says "Well I've also never been fucked before." So the man picks her up, and throws her in the ocean and says "Now you're fucked."
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    lmao
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    anyways, we need to re-normalize physical media

if i didn't want my games to be permanent, then i'd rent them
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Agreed, that why I try to buy all my games on disc, Xbox anyways. Switch games (which I pirate tbh) don't matter much, I stay offline 24/7 anyways.
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    I don't pirate them, I Use Them :mellow:. Like I do @BigOnYa 's couch :tpi::evil::rofl2:
    +1
  • cearp @ cearp:
    @BakerMan - you can still "own" digital media, arguably easier and better than physical since you can make copies and backups, as much as you like.

The issue is DRM
  • cearp @ cearp:
    You can buy drm free games / music / ebooks, and if you keep backups of your data (like documents and family photos etc), then you shouldn't lose the game. but with a disk, your toddler could put it in the toaster and there goes your $60

:rofl2:
  • cearp @ cearp:
    still, I agree physical media is nice to have. just pointing out the issue is drm
  • rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2:
    i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning music to cds
    rqkaiju2 @ rqkaiju2: i like physical media because it actually feels like you own it. thats why i plan on burning...