Hacking Problem: New 3DS Boots To Sysnand

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi everybody,
First of all excuse my english and my lack of knowledge. I didn't touch to the 3ds scene for a while (and didn't update my luma N3DS to B9S).
Informations:
-N3DS
-CFW:Luma
-Boots directly into EmuNAND
So i decided to download TWLoader to play DS games on my N3DS. The DS roms from my SD card were giving me a black error screen (because i didn't update luma, and i was with 3G so i didn't want to download more), so i decided to try with my blue gateway card (that i NEVER used on this N3DS). When running it i remember having a black screen and had to turn off the N3DS. When i did turn it on... Well it booted on sysnand. And it still does... So i can't play .cia games or anything like that... For information the N3DS wasn't connected to internet that moment (didn't even have internet at that place so no way it could have updated it self)
Sorry if i didn't give enough informations.
Thank you for reading and have a great day :)

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everybody,
First of all excuse my english and my lack of knowledge. I didn't touch to the 3ds scene for a while (and didn't update my luma N3DS to B9S).
Informations:
-N3DS
-CFW:Luma
-Boots directly into EmuNAND
So i decided to download TWLoader to play DS games on my N3DS. The DS roms from my SD card were giving me a black error screen (because i didn't update luma, and i was with 3G so i didn't want to download more), so i decided to try with my blue gateway card (that i NEVER used on this N3DS). When running it i remember having a black screen and had to turn off the N3DS. When i did turn it on... Well it booted on sysnand. And it still does... So i can't play .cia games or anything like that... For information the N3DS wasn't connected to internet that moment (didn't even have internet at that place so no way it could have updated it self)
Sorry if i didn't give enough informations.
Thank you for reading and have a great day :)
What firmware would your emunand and sysnand both be on right now?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
TWloader and other DSi stuff needs to run from Sysnand in order to work properly. I suggest you backup both your sysnand and emunand, do a full backup of your SD card, and then move your emunand to sysnand.

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hi, thank's for the answer!
Welp... Soooo when i'll move my emunand to my sysnand, will i still be able to play .cia, install themes etc... As if i was on emunand?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, thank's for the answer!
Welp... Soooo when i'll move my emunand to my sysnand, will i still be able to play .cia, install themes etc... As if i was on emunand?

Yes, just be sure to backup both nands as well as the full contents of your sd card (especially the Nintendo 3DS folder). In fact emunand is pretty much obsolete for most people and pretty much only used by developers, people who want to bypass the 300 title limit, and people who want use a region changed nand. Note that freeshop + luma's locale emulation makes a region changed nand not nearly as useful as it used to be.

Last edited by nl255,

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Seems good to me! Thank's for the reply!
And one last question... As that my N3DS is booting into sysnand, how do i'll backup sysnand and emunand?
Or is there an executable on pc for that?

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
Seems good to me! Thank's for the reply!
And one last question... As that my N3DS is booting into sysnand, how do i'll backup sysnand and emunand?
Or is there an executable on pc for that?

Godmode9 can do it as can decrypt9wip. Note that you want to do a full nand backup, not the minimal one. In godmode9 you want to go to sysnand virtual or emunand virtual and copy nand.bin (not nand_minsize.bin) to your sd card.

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Okay thank you!
I'll try to use Godmode9 via my sysnand and get a backup of the nands, thank's again for the help!

Simiaraichu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Algeria
Hey! Sorry for the double post,but i just tried loading my menuhax with internet and it booted into my EmuNAND :D !
Nothing changed, i still got my saves, .cia games, etc...
Guess that i'll just try to update my blue GW card to support 9.2 OR update to B9S :) !
Thank's everybody for help and for letting me know about Godmode9 !

GizmoTheGreen

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey! Sorry for the double post,but i just tried loading my menuhax with internet and it booted into my EmuNAND :D !
Nothing changed, i still got my saves, .cia games, etc...
Guess that i'll just try to update my blue GW card to support 9.2 OR update to B9S :) !
Thank's everybody for help and for letting me know about Godmode9 !

while you're still on a supported FW please do install b9s, since menuhax is old and if you update your sysnand you won't have it anymore

from the looks of it you can use this https://3ds.guide/homebrew-launcher-(soundhax)
then you can boot godmode9 from luma chainloader and copy/move your emunand to sysnand.

you will need an Emunand on 11.2 or lower to use your gateway (until they release the rumoured update)
if you launch gateway on 11.3 or above you will LOOSE b9s and you ability to boot CFW/gateway.

Never launch gateway on updated sysnand (for now?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://doublepulsar.com/recall-stealing-everything-youve-ever-typed-or-viewed-on-your-own-window...