Hacking Problem whit 1tb hdd replacement ps3

lpfans93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
i have bought a: Seagate Mobile ST1000LM035 - hard drive - 1 TB - SATA 6Gb/s for replace my ps3 hdd.
I found a trouble, most of the games lag, i’ve tried a Deadly Premonition First and the intro video lag horrible.
How is it possible?
it could be connected to a kind of sleep mode functionality of the hdd?

Ryan_Dea_Gaming_Boi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have bought a: Seagate Mobile ST1000LM035 - hard drive - 1 TB - SATA 6Gb/s for replace my ps3 hdd.
I found a trouble, most of the games lag, i’ve tried a Deadly Premonition First and the intro video lag horrible.
How is it possible?
it could be connected to a kind of sleep mode functionality of the hdd?

I don't know, maybe your PS3's HDD is irreplaceable. You may have to get yourself another PS3.

jellybeangreen2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just FYI, I had a very similar issue back in 2011. Uncharted 3, kept jumping and stuttering while running from internal HDD. However, getting it to run from an external, it worked fine. - I never understood why. Since the BUS speed is ALOT slower via USB 2.0

lpfans93

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just FYI, I had a very similar issue back in 2011. Uncharted 3, kept jumping and stuttering while running from internal HDD. However, getting it to run from an external, it worked fine. - I never understood why. Since the BUS speed is ALOT slower via USB 2.0
I took it into consideration but it’s uncomfortable

yeshuachrist

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got the same harddrive, sold at walmart and other places. "seagate backup plus slim 1tb, ST1000LM035. (in in a black aluminum portable box glued together, you can force it open with your fingers and flip the hdd out).

super slim ps3, noticed no lag or anything on the 500gb WD BLUE, or the native 250gb, installed games on them but don't want to switch around hdds anymore.

I'll let you know i I see lag in intro videos or something, maybe be isolated to using cfw, versus using ofw with the "han hack".

all the same you could be right.

828 gb free no games installed just HAN hack on OFW 4.82 (i've seen different information reported using cfw from google, i think the cfw figure was 865 gb free, doesn't mean you get more means something is wrong, I won't be testing premonition specifically that game, but just what I will install, trying to avoid deleting anything (games that is) after a fresh format on the hdd)

Dynasty Warriors 2 Gundam - opening video work find without freezes/skipping

(I believe you but, I think the problem is either fragmentation from deleting and replacing a lot of games................or the "cfw and ps3 model" combination. I'm using HAN, I know users verified cooling issues with the fan not working, or not speeding up with "cfw" that a known problem..................hdd performance in "cfw" is probably the problem)

(with 1 terabyte hdd, same model from walmart, only 828 gig free, if you have more then that on cfw, something is not right)

("deadly premonition" is really a boring game", its cousin game "alone in the dark" is however a fun game! that's probably the one game I have no intentions of installing, don't intend on deleting and replacing any games)

(back in the day ...............with PS2 Console (yes the PS2), if you installed and replaced a few games and caused fragmentation, then when you added, Metal Gear Solid 2 Substance (i think also MGS3 subsistance), then the game would not boot it would only have a black screen..................those games had to be added before fragmentation was present, from deleting and replacing too many games, or they would not work.......................they dynamics of a fragmented drive are pretty much the same, cough, (go through the trouble of a reformat, reinstall your games)

(the PS2 for the games that boot up on the harddrive, won't skip after significant fragmentation is present, which makes cleaning up that mess harder to justify, if you have hours of games to install to get things back up to speed)

EDIT

(noticed no problems after playing several games, sega all stars racing not the sequal, "sega all stars transfored", skips at the logo briefly the same way it does on the vita i think) (I have about 9 gigs left free on the drive itself, no problems)

(best I can say is maybe the drive is fragmented, i had to delete one or two games during install with HAN because I forgot to install the license.pkg after the game and patch file, or just the game file. but I always deleted everything i installed up too that point, i think your drive is just fragmented)

(I haven't tested "deadly premonition" specifically on the drive, but, maybe try reformatting and starting over, i'm sure you installed many games, and reinstalled a bunch, am i right)

Last edited by yeshuachrist,

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got this same HDD and IrisMan freezes constantly with ISO transfers. I've had to reformat 5 times so far.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto