Hardware Best Value internal HDD for PS4 Slim

Robika

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi!
I am looking to upgrade my Ps4 since it is a 500Gb model and my 1Tb external drive seems to faulty. Tried it as internal but it has stutter and lag issues, I tried it with CrystalDisk Info and everything seems fine.
There is a great deal on this HDD but I don't know if the interface is SATA or directly USB. Any tips on what to get and not spend too much? 1tb and 2 tb are fine.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
just get one that's 9.5mm is smaller. this shouldn't be too difficult anymore, but 2TB is about the biggest you'll find that's that height and that's a regular hdd. your only other alternative is an ssd, which can go up to 8TBs, but it's simply a waste of money.

Reactions: BORTZ

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi!
I am looking to upgrade my Ps4 since it is a 500Gb model and my 1Tb external drive seems to faulty. Tried it as internal but it has stutter and lag issues, I tried it with CrystalDisk Info and everything seems fine.
There is a great deal on this HDD but I don't know if the interface is SATA or directly USB. Any tips on what to get and not spend too much? 1tb and 2 tb are fine.

2.5 inch portable drives are now native USB on the drive board, without SATA to USB internal bridging, so you can't crack the case and use these drives internally anymore.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Highest capacity atm with 2.5 HDD 5 TB and SATA SSD 8 TB.

The PS4/PS5 maximum is 8 TB

5TB is 15mm, that isn't ideal without messing up the HDD tray, 2TB is 9.5mm. So 2TB is still the highest without force fitting the drive in there, even though it is doable.

wiindsurf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
5TB is 15mm, that isn't ideal without messing up the HDD tray, 2TB is 9.5mm. So 2TB is still the highest without force fitting the drive in there, even though it is doable.
Are there 2.5 inch SATA HDDs bigger than 2TB? AFAIK, manufacturers only make them with native USB boards for sizes 3TB and up? I'd love to know, never seen one...

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you download your pfp in the hdd?

Capture.PNG

here you go WiiMiiFurry.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat