Hacking Problems activating SX Pro

CaptainLoozer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just got my pro in the mail today. First thing I did was boot into SX OS to generate the license request. I went to their website and uploaded the file. Now it's asking me for a license code, which I put in. I got the license code from within SX OS on the activation screen. However, the website is telling me that the license code is invalid. I tried typing it in several times to make sure I didn't have a typo. I also tried disabling my ad blocker and tried different browsers, no luck.

Is anyone else having this issue? I DO NOT want to go online with my switch to activate it. I'm going off of their manual on the steps to take (https://sx.xecuter.com/download/manuals/sxpro/[US]_SX_Pro_v1.2.pdf) and I've done everything verbatim as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

ABigMoustache

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Just got my pro in the mail today. First thing I did was boot into SX OS to generate the license request. I went to their website and uploaded the file. Now it's asking me for a license code, which I put in. I got the license code from within SX OS on the activation screen. However, the website is telling me that the license code is invalid. I tried typing it in several times to make sure I didn't have a typo. I also tried disabling my ad blocker and tried different browsers, no luck.

Is anyone else having this issue? I DO NOT want to go online with my switch to activate it. I'm going off of their manual on the steps to take (https://sx.xecuter.com/download/manuals/sxpro/[US]_SX_Pro_v1.2.pdf) and I've done everything verbatim as far as I can tell. Any ideas?
Where did you get the license? As far as I know, SX PRO comes with the license pre installed.. I don't really know though

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The license code that is shown for me is way way way way longer that the actual license codes you get when buying SX OS. It's like thirty digits or so. I just activated it online on the Switch..

DocAmes1980

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The license code that is shown for me is way way way way longer that the actual license codes you get when buying SX OS. It's like thirty digits or so. I just activated it online on the Switch..

Maybe it's just the first 12 digits? If I was the OP I would just go online and activate it. If simply connecting to the internet in SX OS was enough to flag you for a ban there would almost certainly be a whack ton of SX OS users banned for it by now. It might be the only way to activate SX Pro anyways. The activation section of the Pro manual might not be applicable to the Pro dongle.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You don't need to enter a code on the site with the pro (dongle) as its already integrated.

My own and 2 other consoles were activated easily with the SX OS to generate the license-request.dat and then uploading it to TX's site to create a valid License.dat.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You don't need to enter a code on the site with the pro (dongle) as its already integrated.

My own and 2 other consoles were activated easily with the SX OS to generate the license-request.dat and then uploading it to TX's site to create a valid License.dat.
Ah so if you insert dongle it creates a license request that has the license in it already? Also makes sense.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe OP had used SX OS without license before getting the dongle to play around and it still is that old license request file, and it doesn't get overwritten by using the dongle. Delete the request and boot again, letting it make a new request file.

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
Ah so if you insert dongle it creates a license request that has the license in it already? Also makes sense.

Yeah, the key infomation is stored on the dongle, so when the SX OS creates the license request file, the info from the dongle is contained in that, which the server validates before creating the actual licence.dat for you.

mickthestud

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, the key infomation is stored on the dongle, so when the SX OS creates the license request file, the info from the dongle is contained in that, which the server validates before creating the actual licence.dat for you.
I don't understand how is the license actually tied to that switch what's stopping you from using the same dongle and license fot second switch

retrofan_k

Trophies
XP
Country
Belarus
You can use the dongle on another system but not the same license. The console footprint is the key indication of this in the SX OS License screen and is basically a 1 time activation of the license as the footprint of the console is part of the license code that their server generates when the user submits the license request

Last edited by retrofan_k,

CaptainLoozer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was late with my reply.

It eventually worked. The problem was on their end. I went on the TX forums and lots of people there having the same problem. Whatever happened, TX must have fixed it because later when I tried it again it went through without having to put in any codes.

Sta1ny

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I’ve had this problem also. They responded and I sent my request_license.dat and a few hours later they said it should work. I tried it on the site and it finally gave me the license.dat. Was buzzing!
Then I tried it on the switch and got this...

I’m lost now. Tried contacting them again and again and no response anymore. Can anyone help?

Attachments

• 7ADFC9EC-51CC-4D39-8DF8-5E0C95CCB9EB.jpeg
    7ADFC9EC-51CC-4D39-8DF8-5E0C95CCB9EB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 512

Mickh101xx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’ve had this problem also. They responded and I sent my request_license.dat and a few hours later they said it should work. I tried it on the site and it finally gave me the license.dat. Was buzzing!
Then I tried it on the switch and got this...

I’m lost now. Tried contacting them again and again and no response anymore. Can anyone help?

Did you ever get this sorted? I'm having exactly the same problem and it's beginning to drive me crazy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1