Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
cwstjdenobs said:
A mod to make an ancient game play like an even more acient game you can already play on the console in question.
As I stated, both of these games are very popular, Melee having been the most popular game of its system. They are thus still popular, Melee being still being the most popular competitive game in the series here in Europe, despite being "ancient".

cwstjdenobs said:
A mod to make an ancient game play like an even
And, this is the major point, a demo release at that. Like I said I was being cranky, but would a beta of any other project be news worthy at all to you?
Absolutely, if that beta would get as much attention as this post already have I would definitely say it would be worthy of having been posted.

cwstjdenobs said:
A mod to make an ancient game play like an even
It's also pretty much plagerism, so copyright infringing and not allowed to post links to on here, if they are just recreating Melee...
It certainly isn't plagiarism since it's a mod. No copyright infringement is being made as the files needed to make this run (apart from a brawl disc which you have to provide yourself) have been created by the developers of Project Melee.

cwstjdenobs said:
Forget the fact I'm a cunt right now, it's also where most of the people into game hacks for the console hang out, a lot of them could/would probably help the team move this on from a demo if they want the help too. A post in one of them as well (though I'd say instead of) would be a good idea.
The Project Melee team are not recruiting additional developers. If someone makes a post in that section, that's up to that person. I made this post here because it is news and to get the attention of people like myself.

cwstjdenobs said:
So they won't own a Wii and a copy of Brawl,
Wii games play much better on Dolphin than on the actual console graphically (and that's the only difference) and a large part of this forum are pirates who would instantly download this if it would interest them.

QUOTE(cwstjdenobs @ Feb 8 2011, 08:52 PM) when they almost certainly, if they are such big fans of Melee, still have a cube and the copy of the game. I own Melee and still play it, so I will admit there are a couple of minor differences that could make a big difference to beat 'em' up fans, but only to the "would rather be playing with consoles than girls/boys/cuddly toys/[insert wierd sexual partner preference here]" nerdy lot would it make Brawl unplayable.
There are huge Melee tournaments held all the time, mainly in the US but also here in Europe like BEAST which was held here in Sweden a few weeks ago with people coming over from all of Europe. There has been much talk about Project Melee amongst these people (to which I belong) lately and very many are anticipating it, so the group you are describing is pretty big even amongst the hardcore Melee fans.

QUOTE(cwstjdenobs @ Feb 8 2011, 08:52 PM)
This has no point unless it can do things Melee can't. The source site, while pretty, is quite a mess and hard to get around, so why not put some of that info in for us neigh sayers?

From my original post:
QUOTE(Mazor @ Feb 8 2011, 05:00 PM)
For those who haven't heard of Project Melee before:
Project M is a community-made mod of Brawl inspired by Super Smash Bros. Melee's gameplay designed to add rich, technical gameplay to a balanced cast of characters while additionally enhancing the speed of play. Project M employs new codes which seamlessly add in new, universal features to the entire cast to add technical variety to all characters.
[/p]

As can be read here, they aim to balance the cast of characters (while the original Melee is pretty balanced amongst the better characters, there are very many characters that are really worthless and have never won any tournaments), the cast consisting of not only the characters from Melee but also the ones from Brawl. Apart from this, the game is graphically superior to Melee and has additional stages (like Hyrule from SSB64) as can be seen in the trailer I linked above.

Edit: Spacing.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
uhm... does the hackless thingy work on an EU wii with a pal smash bros?
It seems a little like this would be using the ntsc/j smash bros exploit=

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Didn't there used to be a Project M? Then there was Brawl+, then Brawl-, then Balanced Brawl, and now this again?

Please leave Brawl alone and stop splitting up the community with trivial hacks.

Dantarion

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't release any kind of Project M ISO.

First of all, Project M is more than just file replacements, so it won't work.
Second of all, we don't want our project associated with piracy.

If you get the game working on a USB loader by yourself, thats fine, but the team would rather not deal with that.

Shadic

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
shadic.fleepa.net
XP
Country
United States
Schlupi said:
This won't work with CFG USB Loader. I was so excited but it keeps Black Screening at the spinning logo Brawl Loading screen.

ALl my old hacks worked fine before this...
Update your loader. I use CFG myself and very randomly it used to stop on the title screen. I updated to the most recent version and haven't had it happen yet.

Midna

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hey Shadic! Yeah. Cfg has never troubled me with codesets. Good luck on Geno!

Edit: Try USB Loader GX if updating doesn't help. it never troubled me either.

Mazor

Z80 master arch
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Shadic said:
We're currently having site issues due to the huge amount of traffic. here's a mirror to the downloader, however. It searches for several of our servers, so you shouldn't have any issues! (Could I get that added to the OP, thanks.)
Added.

Kurossaki652 said:
How do I use this
I have a hacked wii and the Actual SSBB game
What do I need to play this???
Also, I have neogamma
ow do I use it with neogamma?
Instructions are on the download page.

Quoted in case it goes down:

The Project M Demo is available through a simple easy-to-use installer.
This installer is available with the following options:

* Hackless Wii - Play Project M using an unmodified Wii with just Brawl and a SD card!
* Gecko OS + Homebrew - Play Project M using the homebrew channel + Gecko OS
* Riivolution + Homebrew - Play Project M using Riivolution

The Project M team does not support piracy, and the officially supported methods all require a legit copy of the game
Get the Demo!
Now using Dantarion's server for the zip downloads! Should be working!
Demo Installer Feb 7th 15 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Homebrewed Wii) Feb 7th 17 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Unhacked Wii) Feb 7th 18 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Riivolution Users) Feb 7th 1 Hits
Which Download

Most users should use the installer. If you don't know what you're doing, try that first. If you are an advanced user, or if you have a Mac or other system where the installer cannot run, get the zip file.
Install Instructions
Instructions for how to play on a Hackless Wii:

1. Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card!
2. Install the Hackless Wii files to your SD Card.
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
4. Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
5. Enjoy Project M!

Instructions for how to play via Gecko OS or Riivolution

1. Install the files to your SD Card.
2. Launch your Wii, go to Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS or Riivolution.
3. Launch Game and enjoy Project M!

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Shadic said:
Schlupi said:
This won't work with CFG USB Loader. I was so excited but it keeps Black Screening at the spinning logo Brawl Loading screen.

ALl my old hacks worked fine before this...
Update your loader. I use CFG myself and very randomly it used to stop on the title screen. I updated to the most recent version and haven't had it happen yet.

It is the latest version...

I found the problem. My dumbass forgot to delete my old RSBE.gct from the Geckoos code directory. deleted it and now it works.
happy.gif

VERY impressive. I am very happy to say this is a very impressive hack.

I really like Lucas's new moveset. Offense Up is pretty sweet and much more useful than PK Flash.

I support this hack very strongly!

Kurossaki652

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mazor said:
Shadic said:
We're currently having site issues due to the huge amount of traffic. here's a mirror to the downloader, however. It searches for several of our servers, so you shouldn't have any issues! (Could I get that added to the OP, thanks.)
Added.

Kurossaki652 said:
How do I use this
I have a hacked wii and the Actual SSBB game
What do I need to play this???
Also, I have neogamma
ow do I use it with neogamma?
Instructions are on the download page.

Quoted in case it goes down:

The Project M Demo is available through a simple easy-to-use installer.
This installer is available with the following options:

* Hackless Wii - Play Project M using an unmodified Wii with just Brawl and a SD card!
* Gecko OS + Homebrew - Play Project M using the homebrew channel + Gecko OS
* Riivolution + Homebrew - Play Project M using Riivolution

The Project M team does not support piracy, and the officially supported methods all require a legit copy of the game
Get the Demo!
Now using Dantarion's server for the zip downloads! Should be working!
Demo Installer Feb 7th 15 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Homebrewed Wii) Feb 7th 17 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Unhacked Wii) Feb 7th 18 Hits
Demo Zip File (For Riivolution Users) Feb 7th 1 Hits
Which Download

Most users should use the installer. If you don't know what you're doing, try that first. If you are an advanced user, or if you have a Mac or other system where the installer cannot run, get the zip file.
Install Instructions
Instructions for how to play on a Hackless Wii:

1. Delete any custom Brawl stage files on your Wii and SD Card!
2. Install the Hackless Wii files to your SD Card.
3. Boot up Brawl and go to the Stage Builder.
4. Gecko OS will launch; select Launch Game.
5. Enjoy Project M!

Instructions for how to play via Gecko OS or Riivolution

1. Install the files to your SD Card.
2. Launch your Wii, go to Homebrew Channel/Gecko OS or Riivolution.
3. Launch Game and enjoy Project M!
Which one do I use if I have Neogamma?

EvanUnisil

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does this mean I can't create custom stages with this hack installed? Is there no other way of getting this hack to work than through custom stages?

Keeping in mind I am completely new to the hacking scene so if this is the only way we've been able to hack Brawl and every other hack does it like this please ignore my statement. I just love one of my custom stages and will want to fight on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COua5q4CByg