Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
jaxxster said:
Very weak in my opinion, starts out great then you realise every mission is the same. Shame its too linear.
Welcome to practically every sandbox game ever, hope you enjoyed the stay.

InFamous isn't much better. Hell some people actually find Prototype better. They're both decent. InFamous does have a ton of bugs though...

triassic911 said:
QUOTE(lenselijer @ Jun 4 2009, 04:42 AM) I'm playing this now on live, but there's not much people
frown.gif

anyone care to join?
Lol, talk about a big DUH. Anyway, how is the multiplayer? What game can it be compared to?
There's no multiplayer...

754boy

:D
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
gaboumafou said:
Big disapoitment, I wish I got a PS3 to play inFamous instead...

inFamous gets boring fast too. I've been playing my friend's copy and kinda glad I didn't blow $60 on it. Bout to tackle Prototype tonight, hopefully it provides some cheap thrills lol
smileipb2.png

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've been wanting it for a while, but I've been hearing some review from people who got it and they say that the main story is only 5 hours long and the game gets boring quickly... I'll still get it anyway because I always wanted to play a game where you could "absorb" powers.

Da Foxx

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I wasn't expecting much from this game, and didn't really see what the hype was all about. I did take in consideration of checking it out, but now I don't think I'll bother with it.

Hope Ghostbusters gets leaked out.
tongue.gif
I need a new game to play that can hold me at the edge of the seat. Haven't had a game like that for awhile now.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I been playing for about an hour now, loving it so far. Still not worked out how to glide tho.

Also, i get disconnected from live every time I start the game. It logs me back in when i go back to dashboard. is this some weird reviewers copy or what?

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
754boy said:
This game is pretty snazzy once you get used to the controls. I like it.
This!

At first I was wishing for some fly-mode or spider-man-swing ability... but once you get used to it (and get some fresh upgrades), you can whizz around the city pretty quickly. (Even faster in a helicopter albeit)

I am enjoying the side-missions more than I thought I would. They're quick and dirty... especially the 'land-on-the-bull's eye events.

...but collecting the 200 'landscape' tokens, yikes. I didn't even do that in Crackdown/Assassin's Creed/GTA IV (Pigeons?)/etcsandboxetc. It's fun grabbing them when I do see them, though.

That graphics are okay, no where close to inFamous, though (from what I've seen from youtube videos of inFamous). They could have use a lot more polys, esp on the civilians. You think they would considering you could turn into ANY of them.

It's a solid game and, IMHO, more fun than Assassin's Creed.

PS: Holy heck, upgrade your throwing abilities.

T-hug

Always like this.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP
I am done with it now at 720/1000
I would have played hard mode but you can't new game + it until you beat hard mode straight.
Give the game 8.5/10 was a lot of fun while it lasted. I beat all 31 story missions under 5hrs on new game +.

blueskies

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is great, finally got it today. I'm only about 1 hour in, but it's just fun, exactly what I wanted. Shame on all of you for making me worry the last few days.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Gosh it is getting hard near the end! (spoilers)
Crazy slug Elizabeth Greene boss took longer than I am used to for action-game bossses. Now the military tears me to shreds even with full body armour! ...and I'm only playing on Normal!
Don't even say 'that's what she said'... because that would be inappropriate.
Any tips for a mediocre player?

Hachibei

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How is this game garnering so much hate? I got it earlier today, and I've been playing it non-stop for about 3 hours now. Sure, the story missions are kinda repetitive (go here, absorb/destroy this, get out), but the ACT of destroying/absorbing things is so much fun. And then there are all the little event missions, like seeing how accurately you can land in a spot while gliding. Speaking of gliding, MOVING AROUND in this game is also insanely entertaining, once you upgrade a few times and get a hang of the controls (which aren't even that bad to begin with). I'm so glad I ignored all the hate and picked up this game.

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
BiscuitBee said:
Any tips for a mediocre player?
Nevermind, beat it
smile.gif

Just kept on going to get to the next checkpoint and died plenty of times ;_;

The story was pretty good! I laughed, I cried... I don't know why there's a bit of hate out there over it being so "over-done-same-old".

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Playing it again... on Hard so I can unlock more stuff. Ghostbusters didn't click for me for some reason d:

It feels so... lame without all the abilities that I am used to! (Actually used "lame" in sorta-context if you think about it)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.