PS1backups with multiple bin files

Trustless6882

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to burn my PS1 backup of Resident Evil director's cut dualshock edition to a CD-R with imgburn to play on my PS2 with tonyhax. I've used this method to boot other backups, but RE has two .bin files with its .cue file. I can't get imgburn to burn the CD correctly. At verification of the disc it reads something wrong, and the disc won't load at the tonyhax disc swap screen.

What could I be doing wrong?

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to burn my PS1 backup of Resident Evil director's cut dualshock edition to a CD-R with imgburn to play on my PS2 with tonyhax. I've used this method to boot other backups, but RE has two .bin files with its .cue file. I can't get imgburn to burn the CD correctly. At verification of the disc it reads something wrong, and the disc won't load at the tonyhax disc swap screen.

What could I be doing wrong?
Post the text inside the cue sheet

Trustless6882

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Post the text inside the cue sheet
FILE "Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Track 1).bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Track 2).bin" BINARY
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:02:00

Latiodile

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
if you find a chd converter it should automatically combine the cue and both bin files into a single file. when i setup emudeck and it went and converted symphony of the night, which had 2 bin files for me. it detected them both and merged everything

this would have been relevant if i wasnt' dumb and read the second half of the OP, what burning software are you trying to use?
edit2: apparently you can also burn chd files too so idk

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FILE "Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Track 1).bin" BINARY
TRACK 01 MODE2/2352
INDEX 01 00:00:00
FILE "Resident Evil - Director's Cut - Dual Shock Ver. (USA) (Track 2).bin" BINARY
TRACK 02 AUDIO
INDEX 00 00:00:00
INDEX 01 00:02:00
Ah as track 1 and 2 typical easy fix

Trustless6882

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you find a chd converter it should automatically combine the cue and both bin files into a single file. when i setup emudeck and it went and converted symphony of the night, which had 2 bin files for me. it detected them both and merged everything

this would have been relevant if i wasnt' dumb and read the second half of the OP, what burning software are you trying to use?
edit2: apparently you can also burn chd files too so idk
I've only tried imgburn. I have used it with FF 7, Metal Gear Solid, and other games no problem. I did think maybe the bin files needed to be merged, so I tried using CDmage to do that. I burned the merged files to CD only to have the same problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...