PS2 finally stopped production in japan

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Don't get me wrong... I don't actually own a PS2, because (pcsx2).
The real deal is worlds apart from emulation and if you don't have a PS2 then do yourself a favour and get one. Seriously.

I was a Gamecube guy back when it was first out but I bought one a few months back and I can't say I regretted the purchase - it's easily THE console when it comes to quality games, the stream of great titles is never-ending.

Reactions: Tom Bombadildo

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
and here it is, DS won.
It's been a long battle, but the DS has won the battle in being the best selling gaming console of all time.

No it hasn't. Nintendo doesn't have the supply chain that Sony has across the developing market where the PS2 is still selling. This is a Japanese announcement....not worldwide. It'd take something monumental for the PS2 to lose it's crown.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
No it hasn't. Nintendo doesn't have the supply chain that Sony has across the developing market where the PS2 is still selling. This is a Japanese announcement....not worldwide. It'd take something monumental for the PS2 to lose it's crown.
the sales it has from now onwards are going to be very insignificant so it won't make a difference to let them catch up.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
the sales it has from now onwards are going to be very insignificant so it won't make a difference to let them catch up.

You're talking about the DS or the PS2? Because in places like Brazil, Russia and India (I seem to recall that the PS2 was officially (re)released in Brazil a couple of years ago) the PS2 is going to keep burning through sales. The DS had a shot but fell short.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It's actually the other way around as far as I know - sales of cheaper consoles are higher in developing countries. The average Japanese gamer may as well buy a PS3 and get on with his/her life. The PS2 will carry on living as long as there will be people willing to buy it.

Just Another Gamer

星空のメモリア-Wish upon a shooting star- Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
and here it is, DS won.
It's been a long battle, but the DS has won the battle in being the best selling gaming console of all time.
How did the DS win exactly?

I mean after what 12 years the PS2 has been selling and is still selling right now and thats amazing seeing as it doesn't even get any new games while now DS sales are dried up with the 3DS taking its place since the DS has no new real games for months now.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

The Wii is a pretty cheap console and, since Wii U was launched, its price will tend to get lower. It wouldn't be surprising if it sell well in developing countries. Also, I think most PS2 shipped to developing countries were produced in Japan.

How did the DS win exactly?

I mean after what 12 years the PS2 has been selling and is still selling right now and thats amazing seeing as it doesn't even get any new games while now DS sales are dried up with the 3DS taking its place since the DS has no new real games for months now.

Well, the fact that the DS needed almost half the time to sell the same amount as the ps2 did reveal the DS can outsell the PS2 pretty easily. It is by far the handheld system I've seem more often in Brazil.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
EDIT NOW A DIMINISH SONY'S ACCOMPLISHMENTS THREAD.

Instead of saying "YEAH THE DS WON SUCK IT SONY" couldn't we just reminisce about an incredible console and all sing Danny Boy?

Well, it's just a thread about Sony stopping ps2 sales in Japan. Likers and Haters are welcome in my point of view. I personally don't care who won or lost, but, just because the PS2 sold well, I will not make blind claims like I am sorry the PS2 halted production when half the people in this thread say it and yet they already own or don't intend to buy a PS2

tofast4u

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this-button_o_222447.jpg
Haha yeah I still don't as well.

RodrigoDavy

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haha yeah I still don't as well.

When the analog led is on, the D-Pad is interpreted as buttons and the analog sticks as, welll, analog input.

When the analog led is off, the D-Pad simulates the analog input. About the analog sticks, I am not sure what happen to them, but I think they still work in the same manner.

This is made, so, people who prefer to play with the D-pad can just turn the analog led off and have fun. Mostly because people were still used with PS1 controllers.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    I tried to get a slim on a black friday once, but they ran out of stock for the $100 one
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    many ages ago
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can find them $50-75 nowdays if catch a deal
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still remember grabbing this ps4 slim on black Friday for $200 when the msrp was still around 300
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I went to auction at a mom/pops video game store few months ago that was closing, and bought 11 slims for $200, 1 was DOA but 10 work fine. so hella deal. Already rgh3'ed 8 of them. But most younger kids don't even want anymore, unless it plays stupid "fortnight", or newer shit.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Think I'm gonna use my giftcard balance on a nice pair of headphones but $100 is still limited
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Soundcore q30s are nice but they leak so much sound it sounds like speakers
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Ken spend the 100 on a gun and skii mask, wait for a jogger at the park jewelry money and headphones!
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    If only Amazon sold guns
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking dick heads think it's a bad idea to get a gun 2 days later
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wait, I thought you were the dickhe...nvm
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got balls on my chin and two dicks on my forehead sir
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Sorry, no offense there double dickhead chinballs.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Chicks still love it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Mommy, look, what is that?". "That's your soon to be daddy."
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That you'll only see once
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Double dickhead chinballs is still better than double dickhead eyeballs.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    As in, the balls will grow in your eye sockets.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I paid 5 grand to get them moved to my chin
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    This you?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My hair can't be that cool
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: JOE! :P