kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Okami from Clover Studios on PS2 is a great game overall.

it's an adventure game (similar to Zelda from Nintendo) where you're a wolf that represents the a sun god. an evil demon (that the past you has slain) takes over the town and you're the last hope.

the storyline is real cool; it's somewhat like anime. you'll meet fun characters and i guess cool bosses? i haven't gotten to any bosses, yet.

the art/graphics in this game are original & creative. it looks like some traditional japanese brush art but in 3d!

the music/sound are pretty good but i haven't heard anything so far that actually caught my attention, yet (still haven't gotten very far).

the gameplay? well, the controls are easy to pick up on and there's a cool technique you use in the game where you pretty much use a brush to paint into the world you're in and that's the best feature! i've come across a few side-quests (digging up someone's garden) and you earn points to upgrade yourself.

if you own a ps2 or have access to one, i really suggest you try this game!

http://ps2.ign.com/objects/678/678618.html

http://ww2.capcom.com/okami/

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i just read about that. i started playing Viewtiful Joe for just a little bit but it was really good. we'll be fine, though... hopefully the people who worked for clover studios will find a way to make it back into our gaming world.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I thought Clover Studio was just getting reabsorbed into Capcom? As long as the guy who creates these games are still working then it's alright. Okami is a good game but it's appeal is very limited so it wouldn't exactly be a million seller.

Vater Unser

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hopefully the people who worked for clover studios will find a way to make it back into our gaming world.
there's no doubt about that...
still, if Capcom wanted to make more Okami and Viewtiful Joe games, they wouldn't have closed the Clover Studio, so do not expect a sequel to Okami...

btw., isn't God Hand the last game from Clover?

Devante

Crescent fresh at best.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okami is indeed a great game.

My only gripe is that it's incredibly easy.

I mean with the hand-holding and the sheer lack of any sort of difficulty of battles, there's really no way you can die in this game.

In fact, since normal battles only give you a little money and nothing else in terms of experience, it's possible to play the entire game avoiding all fights except boss battles!

But even with that, you forget it all because it's a fun game.

kingeightsix

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
i never knew that god hand was created by clover studios =\ my mistake

and yeah, okami's fairly easy but i just love the game lol i only started playing about a few days ago... i'm one of those people who spend most of my time in the game looking in all the li'l cracks & corners so it's taking me a while to even get to the first boss.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @DinohScene, You mentioned that you have a new hard drive coming.