Hardware ps3 cfw internal HD question

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I Bought 2 different external hard drives for my cfw ps3 and neither of them are recognized in fat 32 or ntfs so I'm giving up on that I would like to know what is the max ps3 internal hard drive size limit? and can I replace the hard drive with a new one and not lose my cfw or have any problems with it?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.5TBs, but it's hit or miss. 1TBs is safe to use. you won't lose cfw, but you'll have to reinstall the firmware if it's a NOR system. getting everything back can be a pita.

G36cBossMan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1.5TBs, but it's hit or miss. 1TBs is safe to use. you won't lose cfw, but you'll have to reinstall the firmware if it's a NOR system. getting everything back can be a pita.

Nor system? I have all my games and dlc backed up so I'm not to worried about losing everything I just wanted to make sure it wouldn't break the cfw but if I just have to reinstall it shouldn't be a problem

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, NOR systems (later phats and slims) store 90% of the firmware on the hdd, so it will be necessary to reinstall it. it won't break anything.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...