PS3 or 360?

SuperTrever

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm thinking about getting either a PS3 or a 360. There are a couple things I need to know before making a decision though.

-Which one is better after being hacked? Like can they both play games? And Is there a way to hack them and still be able to go online?
-Which one has better games overall? (I know it's more of what I prefer but I'm asking for opinions.)

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox: Two ways to hack.

Dvd hack: Flashing the drive to play backups on DVD DLs. Can go online but can be banned at anytime.

Jtag: Flashing the nand. Region free, play GOD off of USB, custom dash, homebrew, but no live.

PS3: One way to hack.

CFW: Flash CFW onto the PS3. Play backups and homebrew just fine off of either the External HDD or Internal HDD but some games only work on one sometimes, but no psn.

And each have pretty good games overall.

ilman

Gbatemp's Official Noise Eraser
Trophies
XP
Country
1. The ps3 is better after being hacked.It can load games from a hdd. The 360 can only launch dvd as far as I know. But with a hacked ps3 you can't go online. While with a 360 can go online butthey will ban you sooner or later.
2. The ps3 has better games in my opinion. I'm not much into 1st person shooters so many of the games on the 360 aren't interesting.

Overall I think the ps3 is the better option.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Games on PS3 to me are great

Games on Xbox? Also very good! But ~20% of Xbox games are region locked...

Game wise I prefer PS3. I never really hack my consoles so..

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just look at the exclusives each console has and make your decision from that and what your friends have.

BTW don't bother with hacking either way you go. It's better just staying legit with the 360/PS3.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
You like online? Don't hack either. Like emigre said, just go legit with either one you get. The number of games you will actually want to play won't be super high or anything. Provided you are in the US, Gamefly is a reasonable option depending on how close you are to their shipping facility. If you're close, the turn around can be as short as a couple of days. You live a state or more away though, it can take upwards of a week and a half for the full turn around.

Also, really, look at the exclusives. Everybody has a different taste. Cater to yours.

DroRox

Ambassador of Ooo
Trophies
Website
www.trifuck.tumblr.com
XP
Country
United States
Thing is if you want to play online with hacks it's basically impossible with those two systems. There's more of a chance with XBOX but still, your bound to get banned from Live. eventually. PS3 and XBOX are better not hacked (unless you dont plan to play online?). As for games, they alot of similars but they have their exclusives. I personally opt for PS3 better. For the cost of Live and I like more PS3 games. Halo never hit big with me.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:

Dvd hack: Flashing the drive to play backups on DVD DLs. Can go online but can be banned at anytime.

Jtag: Flashing the nand. Region free, play GOD off of USB, custom dash, homebrew, but no live.

CFW: Flash CFW onto the PS3. Play backups and homebrew just fine off of either the External HDD or Internal HDD but some games only work on one sometimes, but no psn.

Tsk. You should know by now, that it's possible to do that on non jtag systems first hand.
happy.gif

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
PS3 is way easier to hack. Assuming you have the right firmware version, it takes like 30 seconds to do.

360 and PS3 share a ton of games, and they're typically better on the 360. Especially since the 360 controller >>>>>>> PS3 controller.
But i'd say go with hacking a PS3 since it's such a huge waste to hack a 360 and cut it off from its online capabilities. XBL is fantastic, so I don't think I could ever see myself hacking my 360...even if I was just going to play singleplayer games. PS3, online doesn't really matter since PSN is pretty terrible.

SinHarvest24

Shiroyasha
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Chad
Nathan Drake said:
You like online? Don't hack either. Like emigre said, just go legit with either one you get. The number of games you will actually want to play won't be super high or anything. Provided you are in the US, Gamefly is a reasonable option depending on how close you are to their shipping facility. If you're close, the turn around can be as short as a couple of days. You live a state or more away though, it can take upwards of a week and a half for the full turn around.

Also, really, look at the exclusives. Everybody has a different taste. Cater to yours.
This.

Why buy a good console and miss out on 1/3 of the enjoyment.

I'm sure you must have friends with ps3/360, it's really a lot of fun playing online.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sinharvest24 said:
Nathan Drake said:

This.

Why buy a good console and miss out on 1/3 of the enjoyment.

I'm sure you must have friends with ps3/360, it's really a lot of fun playing online.
Or he can enjoy the Single Player aspects of the games. In all of the years I had Gold on the 360 I almost never played online, I always found the Single Player aspects and Split Screen aspects more fun.

Nujui

I need something to do.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
KirbyBoy said:

Tsk. You should know by now, that it's possible to do that on non jtag systems first hand.
happy.gif

It easier on jtags since you don't have to do all the stuff to make it work.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends if you REALLY want your console to be hacked.

In this regard, the PS3 is easier to hack, but your guaranteed banned online. The 360 is a bit harder to hack, but with stealth patches, you can "avoid" getting banned if you're extremely careful.

For games...

Like everyone else said, look at each's exclusives and choose from that.

And @Hells Malice: What about this?

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
BTW, I can't say which is better, but the majority of Xbox 360 exclusives are FPS, while the majority of PS3 exclusives have more variety, though if you're looking for RPGs then both of those places are the wrong places to look, for the most part.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
machomuu said:
BTW, I can't say which is better, but the majority of Xbox 360 exclusives are FPS, while the majority of PS3 exclusives have more variety, though if you're looking for RPGs then both of those places are the wrong places to look, for the most part.
Sadly true... Some of the best RPGs we've seen on consoles this gen have come to the Wii, such as Last Story.

The handhelds are the true RPG playground.

Edster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KirbyBoy said:
Devin said:
KirbyBoy said:

happy.gif

It easier on jtags since you don't have to do all the stuff to make it work.

Isn't finding a Jtagable 360 near impossible these days?

Also, if you hack the PS3 don't expect to play any new games. Mind you, nothing out these days seems worth playing. Mine has an inch of dust on it. Never turn it on anymore.

BlazerX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would say its your decision but here is my 2 cents since i own both,Go legit don't hack both of them unless u have a Wii.
PS3 online is not terrible its in the ok range and its free
Xbox360 has a better online features but you have to pay for it every year or 3 months

PS3 has more variety of games to play.

Same:both console pretty much get the same games just not exclusives

Xbox360 has a variety of Fps games to play so you may enjoy it

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There are very few PS3 exclusive RPGs.
There are even fewer good ones.

Valkyria Chronicles, Demon's Souls, Tales of Graces F (not released)...uh.
S'bout it frankly. Granted those three games are amazing. Valkyria Chronicles being one of the best RPGs ever.

Otherwise a TON of non-FPS games are on both consoles, and typically the same or better. Bayonetta, Infinite Undiscovery, Eternal Sonata (alright, it's better on PS3...but still good), Ninja Gaiden (fucking sucks on PS3), Nier, Resonance of Fate, Castlevania HoD/SotN, Catherine, etc.

The console exclusives for PS3 aren't amazing (besides the RPGs I listed). The only good one being Uncharted, which I still don't even find that fun. GoW sucks, LBP gets old fast...any others I can't even remember.

but of course I still agree with the others that if you get a 360...don't hack the damn thing. Most good games are older and cheap as hell, and you WANT online capabilities. Just being in a party with friends even playing a singleplayer game is fun.
But if you get a PS3, hack away. The online is practically useless.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
you need to remember that ps3 games are region free so you can play games from any region, the only thing that lets cfw down is the fact that you can never go online but that can be easily resolved buy getting a 2nd ps3, yeah i know not everyone can afford 2 ps3s but they aren't that expensive if you buy a second hand one.

the good thing about a xbox 360 is that they are so cheap now, you can buy one for £160 brand new (with one game) just buy 2 and keep one for offline and the 2nd for online play, i know there is a new exploit that lets you plug and play into any xbox 360 console even slims and play from a hard drive, i am not sure if this new exploit for the xbox 360 is reliable though as it's just brand new news.

oh and the ps3 has a more quality decent homebrew scene, free dlc and psn games without having any jtaged console which is extremely hard to find i don't think the xbox 360 can play emulators and other os can it? so think about that before you decide what you console you want to get.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +1
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are yall doing +1