PS3 or 360?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At the moment go for 360, in a couple of years the PS3 will be a good buy but not right now.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
For all the people saying the PS3 is a durable machine remember this..

PlayStation = Disc Read Errors
PSone = Disc Read Errors
PS2 = Disc Read Errors
PSX = So defective it was recalled
PS2slim - Disc Read Errors
PSP = Disc Read Errors

The PS2 had so many problems sony was sued in America and Canada. (and they lost)

PlayStation Class Action Lawsuit

So complain all you want about the Xbox 360s problems, but Sony products have never been reliable either.

PSP never had DREs, The PSone didn't have DREs, the Small PS2 didn't have DREs. Your argument is full of Lose. And DREs is not as bad as internal hardware failure.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dont believe the Sony Fanboys, the PS3 DOESNT have better graphics then the 360.
Its just a smart marketing trick from Sony, because it was released a year later everyone thinks the graphics have improved but they arent. The Graphics of the PS3 and Xbox 360 are almost simular.
If you want a good Price/Quality console i would go for the Xbox 360.
I have the Xbox Elite it has a 120 GB harddrive and it costed me 405 euros. (whilst the PS3 400 version only has a 40 GB harddrive)

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Dont believe the Sony Fanboys, the PS3 DOESNT have better graphics then the 360.
Its just a smart marketing trick from Sony, because it was released a year later everyone thinks the graphics have improved but they arent. The Graphics of the PS3 and Xbox 360 are almost simular.
If you want a good Price/Quality console i would go for the Xbox 360.
I have the Xbox Elite it has a 120 GB harddrive and it costed me 405 euros. (whilst the PS3 400 version only has a 40 GB harddrive)

Yet it comes with a lot more built-in versus the 360 Elite. The 40GB comes with the Blu-Ray Drive, built- in wifi, free online in the end if you wanted all of that it would be like 600 euros or more. The only difference between the 40GB PS3 and the 360 Elite is the fact the Elite has 120GB HDD while the 40GB PS3 can have an HDD as big as 1TB. Or 320GB if you want an internal one.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yet it comes with a lot more built-in versus the 360 Elite. The 40GB comes with the Blu-Ray Drive, built- in wifi, free online in the end if you wanted all of that it would be like 600 euros or more. The only difference between the 40GB PS3 and the 360 Elite is the fact the Elite has 120GB HDD while the 40GB PS3 can have an HDD as big as 1TB. Or 320GB if you want an internal one.

To a lot of people that's not a selling point, me included. I don't want built-in wifi, I don't want Blu-ray (as I don't have an HDTV), and so on. I much prefer Microsoft add what you want later approach. If you want wifi? Buy a wifi adapter. You want HD-DVD? Buy the HD-DVD add-on. That all just jacks up the price for things I don't want.
tongue.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

To a lot of people that's not a selling point, me included. I don't want built-in wifi, I don't want Blu-ray (as I don't have an HDTV), and so on. I much prefer Microsoft add what you want later approach. If you want wifi? Buy a wifi adapter. You want HD-DVD? Buy the HD-DVD add-on. That all just jacks up the price for things I don't want.
tongue.gif

Yet, what's the point of having an HD console if your not playing it on an HDTV. Sure it'll still look nice, but the difference in quality is AMAZING. And Ace you still didn't say anything about the Free online. Guess that's something you would like in the 360 eh?

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yet, what's the point of having an HD console if your not playing it on an HDTV. Sure it'll still look nice, but the difference in quality is AMAZING. And Ace you still didn't say anything about the Free online. Guess that's something you would like in the 360 eh?

They're not "HD consoles", I mean, they are, but that's not why all people buy them. I don't want an Xbox 360 because it plays prettier games. Sure upgraded graphics are nice, but I want it because they no longer make games for Xbox, so if I don't upgrade I miss out on some of my favorite franchises. And besides, even if you don't have an HDTV there's a massive difference between next-gen graphics and last gen graphics. *Nod*

And I like free anything.
laugh.gif
But in my experience you often get what you pay for. The money w spend on Xbox Live goes towards keeping Xbox Live working properly.
happy.gif

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

They're not "HD consoles", I mean, they are, but that's not why all people buy them. I don't want an Xbox 360 because it plays prettier games. Sure upgraded graphics are nice, but I want it because they no longer make games for Xbox, so if I don't upgrade I miss out on some of my favorite franchises. And besides, even if you don't have an HDTV there's a massive difference between next-gen graphics and last gen graphics. *Nod*

And I like free anything.
laugh.gif
But in my experience you often get what you pay for. The money w spend on Xbox Live goes towards keeping Xbox Live working properly.
happy.gif

You like the fee? that is strange
unsure.gif
Funny though, Sony is below Microsoft in terms of actual money, yet they give us Free online without Lag. When I played in my cousin's house his 360 was lagging on live soooo much.

Ace Gunman

~••Lucky҉Shot••~
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
You like the fee? that is strangeÂ
unsure.gif
 Funny though, Sony is below Microsoft in terms of actual money, yet they give us Free online without Lag. When I played in my cousin's house his 360 was lagging on live soooo much.

You misread my comment, I said I like "free" anything.
tongue.gif
(And you misread it because I accidentally typed "fee", but I fixed it
laugh.gif
).

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

DarkAura

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

tongue.gif

Would you say that you NEED an HDTV to play games on a 360? Will that make your gaming experience more, uh, better? If so, I'd better buy one of those too.
tongue.gif
And how would one mod a 360?

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Would you say that you NEED an HDTV to play games on a 360? Will that make your gaming experience more, uh, better? If so, I'd better buy one of those too.Â
tongue.gif
 And how would one mod a 360?

You don't need an HDTV but it makes gaming a lot more enjoyable. For modding a 360 I'm pretty sure you need to flash the DVD drive and you can't flash all of them either.. I know you should use the Xtreme firmware as that one can't be banned from live.

Duke_Jay

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You don't need an HDTV but it makes gaming a lot more enjoyable. For modding a 360 I'm pretty sure you need to flash the DVD drive and you can't flash all of them either.. I know you should use the Xtreme firmware as that one can't be banned from live.
The Ixtreme firmware is the best for going on Xbox live because it has Stealth.
And all Drives can be flashed with exception of the Hitachi 89 (Needs to have some kind of passkey solded in) but this drive is uncommon.

calvin_0

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
if you are not a fans of Metal Gear Solid, then get 360, if you are a fans of Metal Gear Solid, get PS3, MSG4 is coming next year and its going to be big.....bigger then any MGS game ever....and note, i dont think MGS4 will be ported into either 360 or Wii without any reduction in the graphic, game play or sound system...

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
if you are not a fans of Metal Gear Solid, then get 360, if you are a fans of Metal Gear Solid, get PS3, MSG4 is coming next year and its going to be big.....bigger then any MGS game ever....and note, i dont think MGS4 will be ported into either 360 or Wii without any reduction in the graphic, game play or sound system...

It's a Sony Exclusive, Microsoft can't pay enough to have it ported.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

PSone = Disc Read Errors
PS2 = Disc Read Errors
PSP = Disc Read Errors

The PS2 had so many problems sony was sued in America and Canada. (and they lost)

So complain all you want about the Xbox 360s problems, but Sony products have never been reliable either.

PSP never had DREs, The PSone didn't have DREs, the Small PS2 didn't have DREs. Your argument is full of Lose. And DREs is not as bad as internal hardware failure.

You see that's where you are wrong. The PSP DOES have DRE problems as does the PS2slim.

Also your opinion on Sony products is completely invalid for two different reasons.

First you act as its your job to defend Sony products. (How suspicious) Second, you seem very bias towards Sony, so therefore you are unwilling to be honest about the company and their faults.

One last thing, Sony recalled millions of PS2slim power cords. So it appears that Sony's many hardware problems are not just limited to the DRE plague.

ZeWarrior

TheWarrior
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil

PSone = Disc Read Errors
PS2 = Disc Read Errors
PSP = Disc Read Errors

You see that's where you are wrong. The PSP DOES have DRE problems as does the PS2slim.

Also your opinion on Sony products is completely invalid for two different reasons.

First you act as its your job to defend Sony products. (How suspicious) Second, you seem very bias towards Sony, so therefore you are unwilling to be honest about the company and their faults.

One last thing, Sony recalled millions of PS2slim power cords. So it appears that Sony's many hardware problems are not just limited to the DRE plague.
Italics: Link?
Bold: Irrelevant, stop spamming.

Crygor64

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States

PSone = Disc Read Errors
PS2 = Disc Read Errors
PSP = Disc Read Errors

Italics: Link?
Bold: Irrelevant, stop spamming.

laugh.gif

On the contrary. The comments you have labeled as "irrelevant" actually invalidate you and your opinion with their basic logic and undeniable truth.

See how that works?

But honestly, as long as your happy being this forum's resident joke...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/qv96JYhfAuA?si=_PN4PTWfj5BWI9wk