Hacking PS3 Shutting Off while FTP

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys so like the title says, my ps3 shut off while I was FTP then I noticed the red standby light is no longer lit and I had to disconnect the power supply and reconnect to get the red light on and boot up, only problem is it just happened again. Could this be because of transferring files that I might have caused an issue? Thanks.

bootmonster

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely the power saving feature kicking in. Make sure it's disabled in the PlayStation settings. If you have webman installed it can make it so that the power saving settings look like they are off but actually aren't. So disable that if you dohave it installed then change the setting and turn it off.

I had the issue with Ferrox 4.82 where console was turning off after an hour while ftp was running even though setting looked to be off. Worked out that it was actually on, disabled webman, actually turned it off, and was then able to leave console on overnight without issue :)

Last edited by bootmonster,
Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

JiveTheTurkey

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's most likely the power saving feature kicking in. Make sure it's disabled in the PlayStation settings. If you have webman installed it can make it so that the power saving settings look like they are off but actually aren't. So disable that if you dohave it installed then change the setting and turn it off.

I had the issue with Ferrox 4.82 where console was turning off after an hour while ftp was running even though setting looked to be off. Worked out that it was actually on, disabled webman, actually turned it off, and was then able to leave console on overnight without issue :)
Nice I will try that, so far it turned on after waiting a good while although by not doing anything I doubt the problem is fixed. Thanks :)

democracy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice I will try that, so far it turned on after waiting a good while although by not doing anything I doubt the problem is fixed. Thanks :)
i gave up on ftp, found every large transfer that involved a ton of files always resulted in failed transfers of some files. Sure I could re-transfwr theses failed files but why risk data corruption. Besides, direct usb to usb transfer is at least 3x as fast.

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Reactions: JiveTheTurkey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1