Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have one?
How does it work?
How is it with voice recognition?
How is the camera resolution?

Been looking to get one for the past couple of weeks but can't find one anywhere. I guess Sony underestimated how popular they would be.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
1. Yes
2. Works quite well and recognizes faces and stuff.
3. Works, but not used much by me
4. I use my DSLR for pictures so hard to say. I can test once I get home.

Newoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's cool. Thanks for the input. I wanted to mainly use it so my son could play some kid games.
The live streaming is very interesting also. Kind of wanted to try the camera out with that.

Newoo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's good to hear about the size of the camera. I have the Kinect from xbox one and it is huge. There isn't really any space for it on my entertainment center.

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Is there any real reason to get one? it just seemed like some silly add-on gadget to me...

Depends a bit on how future games will use motion detection. The PS4 controllers are Move controllers in a way, so technically it could enhance gameplay or even be essential (sports games?). Otherwise, it's a gadget that you may never end up using. Almost like webcams on laptops. Not many people really use it. Skype and the likes aren't used that much to warrant a webcam on every laptop :P

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends a bit on how future games will use motion detection. The PS4 controllers are Move controllers in a way, so technically it could enhance gameplay or even be essential (sports games?). Otherwise, it's a gadget that you may never end up using. Almost like webcams on laptops. Not many people really use it. Skype and the likes aren't used that much to warrant a webcam on every laptop :P

Any idea how much like kinnect this thing has the potential to be? Could we see controllability of the PS4 itself (menus and such) at any point?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....