Hacking Homebrew PS4 GoldHen Ban Risks (Question)

NotABicycle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all. If I've previously installed homebrew applications and used GoldHEN on my PS4, am I liable to a ban if I were to update and connect to PSN?

I feel like I've heard conflicting things about homebrew & exploits "dirtying" your console, and wondering if anyone would be able to give a definitive answer.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, all. If I've previously installed homebrew applications and used GoldHEN on my PS4, am I liable to a ban if I were to update and connect to PSN?

I feel like I've heard conflicting things about homebrew & exploits "dirtying" your console, and wondering if anyone would be able to give a definitive answer.

Wipe the drive before going online again

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I do a system format from the console or is it a better idea to remove the drive and entirely reformat it via a PC?

Also, are my save files safe to backup and use on the console again?
when I thought there was something software related going on with my hdmi cutting out, I did format the drive on the pc using my sata station. there are like 14 or 15 partitions, so you've got to delete them all one by one. it may be easier just to initialize. there's initialize with or without installing an update. I'd do so with. as for your saves, export them. if you sign in to psn again, your system will download the necessary files to "activate" it again in order to import the saves back. as long as the account id is the same, it should work, yes. if you don't know your account id, use @Leeful 's script on the one you intend to use, then use save mounter or apollo to inject the saves into that new account id.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @RedColoredStars, havent heard of it