PSA: Brickers Abound

warning.png
Just a short Public Service Announcement for our users, particularly the ones who like their Homebrew on Nintendo platforms. The Homebrew community tends to be positive and participating in it is a recipe for a good time, but no group of people is free of bad actors with too much time on their hands. We have reason to believe that in the near future we'll see a lot of suspicious uploads of innocent-looking applications that are actually concealed console brickers and viruses. We came across a disconcerting threat against our site, among others, made by a Wii malware creator.

The safety of our users is our number one priority, so we strongly urge forum-goers to be weary of applications uploaded to the site recently, particularly if they come from relatively new accounts. We apologise for this inconvenience, but sadly there is little we can do besides staying vigilant and dealing swiftly with any and all suspicious content.

Stay safe, and keep on Tempin'!

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
The NES can run homebrew too
Yeah, but it's not like you can brick anything that came before the N64.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

There is a homebrew app that simulates a Windows 98 on the NES, ive used it one time and it was pretty cool.
There isnt much of homebrew apps for the NES (more so bootlegs), which is understandable and sad at the same time.
You sure that wasn't just that chinese win98 famicom bootleg rom?

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just a short Public Service Announcement for our users, particularly the ones who like their Homebrew on Nintendo platforms. The Homebrew community tends to be positive and participating in it is a recipe for a good time, but no group of people is free of bad actors with too much time on their hands. We have reason to believe that in the near future we'll see a lot of suspicious uploads of innocent-looking applications that are actually concealed console brickers and viruses. We came across a disconcerting threat against our site, among others, made by a Wii malware creator.

The safety of our users is our number one priority, so we strongly urge forum-goers to be weary of applications uploaded to the site recently, particularly if they come from relatively new accounts. We apologise for this inconvenience, but sadly there is little we can do besides staying vigilant and dealing swiftly with any and all suspicious content.

Stay safe, and keep on Tempin'!
I had an similar thing happen to me.
I had a Animal Crossing Wild World copy, i was playing online then some as***** was using one debug item, which, if you placed enough of these, the game would crash, then he proceeded to put so many in my city, and then crashed, so, i turned off my ds, and turned it on, opened the game, and it crashed, in the title screen.
It was a bad time (insert megalovania here)

PrincessLillie

(Future) VTuber
Trophies
Website
lillie2523.carrd.co
XP
Country
United States
I had a Animal Crossing Wild World copy, i was playing online then some as***** was using one debug item, which, if you placed enough of these, the game would crash, then he proceeded to put so many in my city, and then crashed, so, i turned off my ds, and turned it on, opened the game, and it crashed, in the title screen.
"Insert MEGALOVANIA", you say?
I'll do ya one better...
Smash Ultimate remix

On a relevant note, how the fuck does that even happen?

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
Whoa.

Stealphie

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
"Insert MEGALOVANIA", you say?
I'll do ya one better...
Smash Ultimate remix

On a relevant note, how the fuck does that even happen?

i didnt know why did it happen, i seen a DidYouKnowGaming Animal crossing video and discovered why this did happen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
That's pretty scummy. It's a good thing you can just delete a corrupt save file like that, it'd suck to have your cartridge permanently in glitch limbo.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: It's how we used to cheat at Pokewalker.