Gaming PSA: Rayman Legends Vita missing levels, going to be added later via free DLC

• Thread starter Deleted_171835
  • Start date
  • Views 4,102
  • Replies 39

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
So? That also makes the Vita an infinitely better investment than a 360 too. Whats your point?
My point is that the PSVita has better prospects for the future despite more problematic beginnings - it's not going to be held back by its hardware so developers have nothing to complain about, it's based on FreeBSD so porting both from the PlayStation 3 and 4 is easy, it will only get cheaper with time and future revisions and with Plus customers can be sure that they'll always have something to play regardless of the state of their wallet since $5 a month is hardly an expense.

What has the WiiU got going for it in comparison? The only PowerPC-based home console Next Gen with four times less memory than its competitors, no built-in hard drive making Digital Downloads a hassle, underpowered... Can't really sell it as a multimedia box since it doesn't support BluRay (or any optical media format other than Nintendo's game discs, actually) either. Its selling point is a tablet controller, except it's a tablet you can't take outside with you... making any other tablet the preferable option.

D

Deleted_171835

OP
My point is that the PSVita has better prospects for the future despite more problematic beginnings - it's not going to be held back by its hardware so developers have nothing to complain about, it's based on FreeBSD so porting both from the PlayStation 3 and 4 is easy, it will only get cheaper with time and future revisions and with Plus customers can be sure that they'll always have something to play regardless of the state of their wallet since $5 a month is hardly an expense.

What has the WiiU got going for it in comparison? The only PowerPC-based home console Next Gen with four times less memory than its competitors, no built-in hard drive making Digital Downloads a hassle, underpowered... Can't really sell it as a multimedia box since it doesn't support BluRay (or any optical media format other than Nintendo's game discs, actually) either. Its selling point is a tablet controller, except it's a tablet you can't take outside with you... making any other tablet the preferable option.
Ehh, I can't really agree with that. Sure they're both doing pretty shit right now but when it comes to future prospects, the Wii U has a more solid upcoming game library and better chances for recovery than the Vita.

At this point, I'd say the Vita has already found its place as a niche high-tech device relegated to cool indie games, small Japanese stuff and the occasional console port. Nothing wrong with that but when it comes to the mainstream, the Wii U is more likely to be able to recover, or at least do semi-decently.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Ehh, I can't really agree with that. Sure they're both doing pretty shit right now but when it comes to future prospects, the Wii U has a more solid upcoming game library and better chances for recovery than the Vita.

At this point, I'd say the Vita has already found its place as a niche high-tech device relegated to cool indie games, small Japanese stuff and the occasional console port. Nothing wrong with that but when it comes to the mainstream, the Wii U is more likely to be able to recover, or at least do semi-decently.

I know it's all a matter of taste, but I'm not seeing a whole lot of fantastic titles coming to the Wii U on the list you provided, at least none that would be on the Wii U and wouldn't be on contemporary systems (not even the Next Gens) which would in any way entice the average customer to upgrade from their current PS360 rigs. On the subject of upcoming PSVita games, it'd be silly of me to start a "List War" but it has far more than just "small Japanese stuff and occasional ports" to offer.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
And right on schedule, the update has been released. It's nearly 400MB; somewhat bigger than I would have expected.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's odd i tried the online option for this... i can't find anyone... i don't think it works...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I mean an archive if a person wants to buy an older Xbox for the exploit