Gaming PSN Store back or lied to as always?

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
Finally back. My dad's Tiger Woods DLC is downloading now. So at least that's him shut up for a while. When do we get our free gear? I want my free games and PS+ time. Infamous and Wipeout Fury HD will be my free games, and since PS+ is free I'll be able to download Magic The Gathering Duel of the Planeswalkers for free as well. Sweet. So....free stuff please.

I assume the endless barrage of error messages will sod off after a day or two once the service is a bit more stable?
I saw this in the morning and immediately switched on my PS3.
Sadly.. I am still getting maintainance error o.O?

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
Tanveer said:
Blaze163 said:
Finally back. My dad's Tiger Woods DLC is downloading now. So at least that's him shut up for a while. When do we get our free gear? I want my free games and PS+ time. Infamous and Wipeout Fury HD will be my free games, and since PS+ is free I'll be able to download Magic The Gathering Duel of the Planeswalkers for free as well. Sweet. So....free stuff please.

I assume the endless barrage of error messages will sod off after a day or two once the service is a bit more stable?
I saw this in the morning and immediately switched on my PS3.
Sadly.. I am still getting maintainance error o.O?

The message should have changed from 'this service is under maintainance' to 'an error has occured'. The store IS up, it's just a bit glitchy. Keeps kicking you out. Give it a few hours and I reckon it'll be a bit more stable. I can access both the UK and US stores thanks to having multiple profiles.

Incidentally, are the free game choices the same for the US as the UK ones? 'Cause if I get four free games then...win. May as well make use of my US account, right?

Stewy12

Trophies
XP
Country
US Games

Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

EU Games

LittleBigPlanet
InFAMOUS
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

I think US users also get some free movie rentals, not sure though.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Stewy12 said:
US Games

Dead Nation
inFAMOUS
LittleBigPlanet
Super Stardust HD
Wipeout HD + Fury

EU Games

LittleBigPlanet
InFAMOUS
Wipeout HD/Fury
Ratchet and Clank: Quest for Booty
Dead Nation

I think US users also get some free movie rentals, not sure though.

So I get Super Stardust HD and Dead Nation from the US store, Infamous and Wipeout HD Fury from the UK store, and the other games I already have, giving me everything for free
smile.gif
WIN. Assuming it works. Can't imagine why not. As far as PSN is concerned the UK and US accounts belong to entirely different people. The UK account is mine, the US account is weapons grade bullshit, belonging to a non-existant person going by the nickname 'Phoenix' and according to google maps currently living in a Gamestop basement somewhere in West Virginia. I only set it up to download Wild Arms.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
30084pm said:
Blaze163 said:
How do you get this free stuff? I checked out Infamous and it's still 22 quid. What gives? I wants free things plz.
I don't think the free stuff is available yet.

I hope they don't send out emailed codes to get the stuff. If that's how it works I don't get jack from the US store 'cause the hotmail account I used to set the account up no longer exists, it was locked for lack of use ages ago. I can get the UK stuff, obviously. But may as well try to get all the free stuff I can
tongue.gif

Any idea when the free stuff becomes available? I was under the impression it was as soon as the service was restored. Which it is.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Blaze163 said:
30084pm said:
Blaze163 said:
How do you get this free stuff? I checked out Infamous and it's still 22 quid. What gives? I wants free things plz.
I don't think the free stuff is available yet.

I hope they don't send out emailed codes to get the stuff. If that's how it works I don't get jack from the US store 'cause the hotmail account I used to set the account up no longer exists, it was locked for lack of use ages ago. I can get the UK stuff, obviously. But may as well try to get all the free stuff I can
tongue.gif

Any idea when the free stuff becomes available? I was under the impression it was as soon as the service was restored. Which it is.
Grace Chen on the PlayStation Blog states that the free games are "in the final stages of testing and will be available to download soon."
In this thread.
So probably by weekend?

prowler

Sony
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QUOTE said:
Update: Still up? Go browse the PlayStation Store! The PlayStation Blog details a bunch of new content available on the now-active store, including Wizardry: The Labyrinth of Lost Souls on PS3, the Turbografx-16 classics Alien Crush, Bomberman '94 and Bonk's Adventure on both PSP and PS3, and Sega Rally Online Arcade. There's also a single-player demo for MotorStorm: Apocalypse. There's ... a lot to take in. What you won't be taking in yet is the Welcome Back stuff: it's " currently in the final stages of testing."
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/06/02/psn-will...restored-today/

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
It's been such a long wait for the store to be up!

Also, how come they couldn't just make ANY PSN game in the store free?
Would that not work?
I just think it's a bit of a shame as quite a lot of people already own the games they have to choose from.

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's good that the store is back. Let's hope the server overload issue will settle down overtime.
Looks like existing ps+ members who were already on the service before or on 21st April get an extra 70 days to their subscription.
And hopefully people remember that accounts registered before the downtime (read 21st April) are eligible for the Welcome Back free games. Only available to download for 30 days (whenever the Welcome Back goes live) and you get to keep them!

Another store update tomorrow from what I've heard to catch up with the updates.

Blaze163

Trophies
XP
Country
Depravo said:
boombox said:
Also, how come they couldn't just make ANY PSN game in the store free?
Would that not work?
They're not going to give away games that still sell by the bucketload are they?

I dunno, Burnout Paradise is free for PS+ users at the moment, which of course we all are once the Welcome Back scheme kicks in. Normally costs you £25. Of course it's a trap since it's just the basic game I think. You have to pay extra for the DLC, that's how they get you.

Of course I bought Burnout Paradise years ago and my little brother bought all the DLC ages ago so I just downloaded it through his profile. We do that all the time, DLC sharing. He gave us the DLC for Burnout, LittleBig Planet 1+2 and Fat Princess with the DLC. I gave him Final Fantasy 9, Wild Arms, the Warhawk DLC and my bonus disk for Dragon Age Origins Ultimate Edition. So it all works out well for both of us.

boombox

Trophies
XP
Country
Twilight Loz said:
so has my 1 month of free ps+ subscription started?

Doesn't seem to be working yet, may take a few hours..or days as they say on the blog.
The main shop still hasn't been fixed fully yet either.

@Depravo - i guess we can't expect PSN to be completely selfless.. what corporate company is!

void03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Twilight Loz said:
so has my 1 month of free ps+ subscription started?

Quoting from Ross on the EU PS Blog comment replies
http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/06/02/...age-3/#comments
QUOTEThe 30 day subscription will be part of the Welcome Back, you’ll just need to download the item from the Store and your subscription will start, then all the Plus content listed as being part of the Welcome Back will become available to you.

sonknuck23

Mighty Switch Force >
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Good to see the shit's working, but every time I try and download something, I still get an error or service is under maintenance. I guess not EVERYTHING is ready to go yet, but with PSN's online gaming being back up, I can be patient. :0

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: any mushroom trip adventures you can share