pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ones are the "HIGH RESOLUTION" SNES games?

Secret of Mana (menu and world map)
Rudra no Hihou (parts of the battle)
Seiken Densetsu 3 (text/menu)
Kirby's Dream Land 3 (tree canopy, underwater, etc)
All these games use hi-res mode 7 in some form, 512 x 224, 512 x 448, etc in weird ways

peteruk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to be spammy but just wanted to follow-up so that you/others know. I pulled it off the dock and it switched seamlessly to the switch itself (with sound and such fine), and put it back on the dock and it switched seamlessly to docked mode. Pretty cool.

Sounds great, cpasjuste has done an amazing job on this

DrNeroCF

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you use it in docked mode ? And which firmware ? I only tested it on 3.0.0 in portable mode :x
Else point filtering is currently to slow, i'm going to take a closer look soon.

Sorry the reply's so late, had to step out early.

5.1, only tried portable.

Tried again just now, SMW, state didn't save, tried to save it again and got a 2011-0201.

If it's possible, I vote for just loading any rom also, I usually unzip them for RetroArch so there's not YET ANOTHER menu item to press through while loading the game there, and I tend to snip the (USA) or whatever from the names.

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The developer is a genius! I managed to run a rom (ghouls n ghost) and it played perfectly! On retroarch nothing would work, not for lack of trying. Haven't tried load or save, will do later. Pfba and psnes rocks! Any chance of two player on both platform? Again, thank you for your hard work and dedication. Now all we need is psx.

huma_dawii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The developer is a genius! I managed to run a rom (ghouls n ghost) and it played perfectly! On retroarch nothing would work, not for lack of trying. Haven't tried load or save, will do later. Pfba and psnes rocks! Any chance of two player on both platform? Again, thank you for your hard work and dedication. Now all we need is psx.
Load and Save wont work on RetroArch i think, but Save and Load state works fine :P

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well yeah, I cannot test right now but msu1 should work, but a nice addition which the main snes9x doesn't have is full SGB support, only Higan can emulate it properly.
It may or may not work (may need some more work for the switch). If/when I find the time I'll take a closer look.

freevil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
F**k, playing illusion of gaia, and the save/loads are working! Tops to the MAN!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

full screen too!

baretbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, here is something i'm working on since a while now, but as my time is very limited... There is now other alternatives but... well :)

Installation
  • copy "psnes" directory to "/switch/" directory on sdcard
  • copy roms to "/switch/psnes/roms/" directory on sdcard
Information
  • pSNES "should" work on any firmware (based on libnx and snes9x.git)
  • pSNES actually support save states, 2x, 3x, fit, fit 4/3 and fullscreen hardware linear scaling and a simple (but nice?) ui.
  • pSNES ui support titles images (png), named as the rom name with png extension instead zip, in the "previews" directory (to be created if needed).
  • pSNES does not actually support high resolution games...
  • pSNES use a database file for rom handling. You'll need a "db.xml" file located alongside the application. The current "db.xml" file comes from "Hyperspin" website, and only contains USA "good rom / no-intro" set. Your rom files must be zipped and named as per this set. You'll find in the "database" directory this file as backup/reference (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - hyperspin.xml) + a complete set from dat-o-matic (http://datomatic.no-intro.org). Rename this file to "db.xml" and (re)place it in the same directory as the executable to use this one. You can make your own database file with filtering from this great website.

Download

psnes.jpg
Like how he's been quiet the whole time. I love releases like this.

Fadi5555

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, here is something i'm working on since a while now, but as my time is very limited... There is now other alternatives but... well :)

Installation
  • copy "psnes" directory to "/switch/" directory on sdcard
  • copy roms to "/switch/psnes/roms/" directory on sdcard
Information
  • pSNES "should" work on any firmware (based on libnx and snes9x.git)
  • pSNES actually support save states, 2x, 3x, fit, fit 4/3 and fullscreen hardware linear scaling and a simple (but nice?) ui.
  • pSNES ui support titles images (png), named as the rom name with png extension instead zip, in the "previews" directory (to be created if needed).
  • pSNES does not actually support high resolution games...
  • pSNES use a database file for rom handling. You'll need a "db.xml" file located alongside the application. The current "db.xml" file comes from "Hyperspin" website, and only contains USA "good rom / no-intro" set. Your rom files must be zipped and named as per this set. You'll find in the "database" directory this file as backup/reference (Super Nintendo Entertainment System - hyperspin.xml) + a complete set from dat-o-matic (http://datomatic.no-intro.org). Rename this file to "db.xml" and (re)place it in the same directory as the executable to use this one. You can make your own database file with filtering from this great website.

Download

psnes.jpg
Thanks for your efforts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land