pSNES: Switch Snes9x port

Here is pSNES, a snes9x port to multiple platforms.

screenshot_mini.png

Readme:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/blob/master/psnes/README.MD

Source code:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/

Download:
https://github.com/Cpasjuste/pemu/releases/

• devkitPro and libnx people: fincs, WntrMute, yellows8, plutoo...
  • ScHlAuChi for providing a 3.0 Switch! (you rock mate)

Last edited by cpasjuste,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The D-Pad works. Can you do the same for PNES for the latest atmosphere and cfw 9.1.0 because 9.01 works but 9.1.0 and 9.2.0 doesn't works with D-Pad?

The art boxes cannot be show anything. Old version mine was able to show. Confusion.

Last edited by spotanjo3,

18Phoenix

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thanks for the update :)
But some questions coming up:

• Are now multiple rom paths supported by adding them in the config.cfg?
  • It seems I can't use my nice old cover png files even putting them in the correct folder psnes\roms\media\mixrbv2. The previous version accepted near to every resolution, so which are supported now?
  • For covers I have 800xH for normal and Wx800 for JAP cover png files. png name = rom name how it always used to be before. Can't I use them anymore? Has it become more uncomfortable for those who want to use their own pics?
  • I prefered the old title or preview style to be able to use big covers, now I can only add one pic per roms?
In pFBA the old png screenshot files work still perfect, in pSNES they don't :(

The other thing:
I have my list as normal on the left side and all games (zipped) work fine,
but the right section stays empty, no infos at all, just the green no-preview box turns black after 6-8 seconds.

Last edited by 18Phoenix,
Reactions: spotanjo3

test0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
1: when reading the source code, this seems not supported. romspath seems hardcoded. wait Cpasjuste confirmation
2-3-4: like pFBN, whole game interface is linked to gamelist.xml. So you can keep your previous covers but the name must be the same as in gamelist.xml. Same goes for the game descriptions. You can have one cover and one video which replaces the previous preview.
So either you rename your .zip file or you modify the gamelist.xml to match your zip names.
Supported image size seems flexible. I have different sizes and it works.

Last edited by test0000,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1: when reading the source code, this seems not supported. romspath seems hardcoded. wait Cpasjuste confirmation
2-3-4: like pFBN, whole game interface is linked to gamelist.xml. So you can keep your previous covers but the name must be the same as in gamelist.xml. Same goes for the game descriptions. You can have one cover and one video which replaces the previous preview.
So either you rename your .zip file or you modify the gamelist.xml to match your zip names.
Supported image size seems flexible. I have different sizes and it works.

Yeah but in xml.. they used (USA) first so I prefer mine like this: title (Europe).png and they used title.png. That's the problem. I like to identity artboxes and zip with (Europe) in them. Easy for me.

test0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I'm not sure I understand your point.
In the xml file the expected names are "<name of the rom> <region>.zip". Is that not what you want?
ex:
<path>'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).zip</path>
<media parent="jeu" type="video" region="unk" crc="f6c407a3" md5="ed2e9061aa84b1ed268dcb892025238d" sha1="900288de534e8e7b6ed1fc37285f50c5ab2dc44b" format="mp4" support="">media/video/'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).mp4</media>
<media parent="jeu" type="mixrbv2" region="wor" crc="0258ef2f" md5="99495321d7099c16a6b5159b9b4b4a9d" sha1="69217146bde1d0c6a8b821be209e16818667b070" format="png" support="">media/mixrbv2/'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).png</media>

Last edited by test0000,

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure I understand your point.
In the xml file the expected names are "<name of the rom> <region>.zip". Is that not what you want?
ex:
<path>'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).zip</path>
<media parent="jeu" type="video" region="unk" crc="f6c407a3" md5="ed2e9061aa84b1ed268dcb892025238d" sha1="900288de534e8e7b6ed1fc37285f50c5ab2dc44b" format="mp4" support="">media/video/'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).mp4</media>
<media parent="jeu" type="mixrbv2" region="wor" crc="0258ef2f" md5="99495321d7099c16a6b5159b9b4b4a9d" sha1="69217146bde1d0c6a8b821be209e16818667b070" format="png" support="">media/mixrbv2/'96 Zenkoku Koukou Soccer Senshuken (Japan).png</media>

Yes, that's right. However...Okay.. For an example:

<medias>
<media parent="jeu" type="video" region="unk" crc="39843157" md5="489e6646983a5d9acdfa71a95d4efb6b" sha1="a620b5039264fc1ca2031bfff6790c11bc64e893" format="mp4" support="">media/video/Rockman 7 - Shukumei no Taiketsu! (Japan).mp4</media>
<media parent="jeu" type="mixrbv2" region="wor" crc="59aea9ec" md5="3909768dc20baba988ebc20608d229af" sha1="39d368e2eba64267c50efc946e31d0ec44059f85" format="png" support="">media/mixrbv2/Rockman 7 - Shukumei no Taiketsu! (Japan).png</media>
</medias>
<dates>
<date region="fr">1995</date>
<date region="us">1995</date>
<date region="jp">1995</date>
<date region="eu">1995</date>

Look at the black bold.

I have two:

Rockman 7 - Shukumei no Taiketsu! (Japan).png which is good.

Mega Man 7 (Europe).png but it said eu in there.

And I have an art boxes which are in screenshot folders and it didn't show it on the screen. And I put it in titles folder and it didn't show at all on the screen. Only roms are showing. No artboxes. He changed it and now I am lost. My old version showing art boxes properly using titles folder.

test0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
That information is just for the "date" field in the right box. It is not linked to the image or the rom itself.
So if you have "Mega Man 7 (Europe).zip" file in Roms folder and "Mega Man 7 (Europe).png" in "media/mixrbv2/" it should be displayed correctly.
On my side I have the USA version (Mega Man 7 (USA).zip + Mega Man 7 (USA).png) and it works fine

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes, that's right. However...Okay.. For an example:

Look at the black bold.

I have two:

Rockman 7 - Shukumei no Taiketsu! (Japan).png which is good.

Mega Man 7 (Europe).png but it said eu in there.

And I have an art boxes which are in screenshot folders and it didn't show it on the screen. And I put it in titles folder and it didn't show at all on the screen. Only roms are showing. No artboxes. He changed it and now I am lost. My old version showing art boxes properly using titles folder.
I guess the easiest would be to download the complete romset we talked about previously (I need to update the readme to reference it's name) and the preview images and videos packs.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That information is just for the "date" field in the right box. It is not linked to the image or the rom itself.
So if you have "Mega Man 7 (Europe).zip" file in Roms folder and "Mega Man 7 (Europe).png" in "media/mixrbv2/" it should be displayed correctly.
On my side I have the USA version (Mega Man 7 (USA).zip + Mega Man 7 (USA).png) and it works fine

You mean.. I have to make a new folder is: media folder>mixrbv2 folder ?

And the problem is that I dont like the appearance that cpasjuste created. I created mine in previous version and this new version no longer work with my creation.

I guess the easiest would be to download the complete romset we talked about previously (I need to update the readme to reference it's name) and the preview images and videos packs.

Okay. :)

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is working exactly like pFBN, so yes in "roms" you place your roms and in "roms/media/mixrbv2/" you place all the image (.png) files

That's why. I dont used pFBN. Thanks.

What about appearance ? I dont like PSNES appearance. I rather to use my own appearance. Can it be done ? Old version allowed me to change his version appearance to my favourite appearance.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
That's why. I dont used pFBN. Thanks.

What about appearance ? I dont like PSNES appearance. I rather to use my own appearance. Can it be done ? Old version allowed me to change his version appearance to my favourite appearance.
You can edit the skin in "skins/default.zip" (or add a new one in the same folder and change it in the menu).

Reactions: Deleted User

test0000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
if you talk about game title images, I guess they should still work but as said previously, they must be named properly (as it is in gamelist.xml).
If you talk about pSNES skin, I think it is available since the folder is still there with the default skin archive in it.

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you talk about game title images, I guess they should still work but as said previously, they must be named properly (as it is in gamelist.xml).
If you talk about pSNES skin, I think it is available since the folder is still there with the default skin archive in it.
You can edit the skin in "skins/default.zip" (or add a new one in the same folder and change it in the menu).

They works properly as it is in game list.xml

I have two problems:

1 - How do I add Mega Man & Bass (Translated English).png for xml ? No idea.

2 - The problem is.. skin. Take a look at:

IMG_5951.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_5951.jpg
    IMG_5951.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 253

eN-t

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Latest version 4.3 of pSNES for Switch doesn't show any of my ROMs anymore.

I have my ROMs in .smc format in ./switch/psnes/roms/ as I always had it but I can't find the option to not use the database anymore. pSNES shows me a ton of SNES games in red color but my own ones placed in the beforementioned folder are not shown at all. This is especially confusing because the github page of pSNES doesn't say anything other than to put my roms into that exact folder. It doesn't say how to get the database working, how to turn if off, how to name or format your ROMs for it to work - so I'm just stuck here.

Was this feature removed and if so, why? Nothing beats simplicity imo and putting my ROMs into that folder was very simple. Or do I have to ZIP them and name them exactly how the database expects it? What about ROM hacks then?

Last edited by eN-t,

RaoTheConqueror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting, SMC's worked prior? Mine are zipped SFCs from the "No-Intro - Nintendo - Super Nintendo Entertainment System" rom pack. The pack I had prior was the PSNES 2.1 rompack but some of those did not show as they differed from the gamelist.xml.

Last edited by RaoTheConqueror,

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Latest version 4.3 of pSNES for Switch doesn't show any of my ROMs anymore.

I have my ROMs in .smc format in ./switch/psnes/roms/ as I always had it but I can't find the option to not use the database anymore. pSNES shows me a ton of SNES games in red color but my own ones placed in the beforementioned folder are not shown at all. This is especially confusing because the github page of pSNES doesn't say anything other than to put my roms into that exact folder. It doesn't say how to get the database working, how to turn if off, how to name or format your ROMs for it to work - so I'm just stuck here.

Was this feature removed and if so, why? Nothing beats simplicity imo and putting my ROMs into that folder was very simple. Or do I have to ZIP them and name them exactly how the database expects it? What about ROM hacks then?
I forgot to add unziped roms support back, I'll do that in next update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They works properly as it is in game list.xml

I have two problems:

1 - How do I add Mega Man & Bass (Translated English).png for xml ? No idea.

2 - The problem is.. skin. Take a look at:

View attachment 204129
As said before you're using an old skin, it's not supported anymore (or needs changes).

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot to add unziped roms support back, I'll do that in next update.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As said before you're using an old skin, it's not supported anymore (or needs changes).

Okay.. I will try tomorrow. For now... what about this:

1 - How do I add Mega Man & Bass (Translated English).png for xml ? Since I already have Mega Man & Bass (Translated English.zip. No idea.

Lineacero

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@Bisk8 my friend, you are a great, you are a fucking god of skin, thanks and a thousand thanks.
Only you make it possible, my wonderful friend.
This great boss deserves a fucking cold beer, fuck, thanks friend, thanks.:hrth::bow::D:grog::grog::grog::hrth::toot::grog::hrth::yay::yay:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpKJyCeQck4