psp 3000 diagonal lines

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i've got absolutely no clue what caused this, or how to fix it aside from just replacing the whole screen, but my psp 3000 has started forming some diagonal lines on the screen, very faint but noticeable. almost impossible to get on camera without insane amounts of tuning
but the diagonal lines sorta appear in a radius around the ouside edges of the screen, sorta looking like i'm looking at a game behind a bunch of godrays, they're also very visible if i look at the screen from an angle
i know there's an IPS screen replacement that exists for the psp 1000

my account is still too new to post images, otherwise i'd send some

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
:unsure: Yes, a pic of it would have helped. Possibly Dropped maybe? Also did you MOD it in anyway? :)
never dropped it in a way for random lines to appear on the screen, and i doubt modding it had anything to do with the screen considering it seems entirely within the screen rather than software based. i'll update the post whenever my status updates to "newcomer" so that i can actually show what i mean

unless by modding it you mean some sort of hardware mods, then no, the only time i took the thing apart was to clean the buttons since i'm the original owner and i never cleaned the system since i got it lmao rip

Reactions: AncientBoi

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Possibly caused by physical damage, you would get line across screen if you mess around with ribbon cable and damaged it.

Or if Creamu or Polly looked at it :ohnoes:.

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Possibly caused by physical damage, you would get line across screen if you mess around with ribbon cable and damaged it.
oddly enough, it doesn't harm the picture quality itself, i think the only fix i have is to replace the screen since it seems like it's a part of the polarizer that messed with it, and only visible when the screen is showing brighter colours

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the lines apparently don't happen with every game, they're super visible in GTA Vice city stories, but completely not present at all in monster hunter freedom 2, though monster hunter is a darker game so they're probably still present, but entirely unnoticeable
edit: they're still there, just less noticeable

AncientBoi

THEE GAY WARLORD™ - Defender of GAY Rights
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the lines apparently don't happen with every game, they're super visible in GTA Vice city stories, but completely not present at all in monster hunter freedom 2, though monster hunter is a darker game so they're probably still present, but entirely unnoticeable
edit: they're still there, just less noticeable

Wait wait wait. Let's try this again.

Is the lines a Physical, or Digital?

Latiodile

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wait wait wait. Let's try this again.

Is the lines a Physical, or Digital?
no clue, but seeing as how they're omnipresent they're probably physical, making me make this thread completely pointless

instead i'll probably look into figuring out where i can get a screen replacement

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    There is zero instacart delivery to here. No door dash. No Uber. Notta. Its a small farming community
    +1
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    eagerly awaiting 4x 8TB HDDs to get delivered today
    So I drive the 30 miles there, spend $100-$150 on groceries, and drive back home. Still saved $$$ after gas over shopping locally.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You'd think you could make deals with local farmers
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I could make a killing there doing instcart there :D @RedColoredStars
    It makes the trip even more worth it if I'm out of my medication and need to stop by the medical dispensary. I try to line the two up to avoid extra trips.
    +1
    @AncientBoi, Except the town is pretty MAGA infested. People still flying TRUMP 2016 flags all over. They didnt get the memo the year changed since then. lol.
    +1
    They passed a city ordinance last month. No smoking cannabis in public. Not even eating gummies. $300 fine and misdemeanor charge if caught. People can walk down the street smoking cigs and tossing the butts all over, but God forbit someone take a couple puffs of their medication.
    +1
    First off, it's recreationally legal here. Secondly, I have a prescription from my doctor and approved by the state. But still a fucking criminal.
    +1
    Like at bars. Cant sit outside even in the smoking section and take a few puffs. Yet I have to breath the cig smoke from 20 people chain smoking all night in every direction around me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly I feel like Trump is going to crush Biden just because of the trial
    They cite
    public health and safety concerns" LMAO!!! Yet they do nothing about the poison drinking water quality.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The look at how they treated me card is powerful within dumb voters
    A Trump win is certainly a possibility. If he's reelected, 4 more years then no one has to worry about him being president ever again. I survived last time, I'll survive it if there's a next time. Don't know how anyone could vote for the guy, but I'm also not anyone else but me.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly things were cheaper with Trump but that's tounge and cheek could be exactly the same outcome if he won reelection
    All of the fake "Christians" vote for him even though he's broken like 8 of the 10 commandments... that we know of. Maybe all 10. LOL
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A president is just a public figure within America
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    South park put it will there's always a bite between a turd sandwhich or a giant douce
    +1
    I like when he says stuff like "They are preventing me from talking!!!" Wait. What? You mean the person that is literally talking right now.. is being prevented from talking? LOL! Gag order also does not apply to taking the stand. He's free to say whatever he'd like. lolol
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    holy fuck this discsussion sucks, where are my sisters
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well if it sucks stop blowing turd sandwhich
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @NinStar, convince your parents to make a sister for you
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    parents? what parents?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    People who screwed each other to make you