Gaming PSP Crashes with UMD's and game data no longer saves or loads.

technologicguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all,
I'm having some issues with my CFW PSP 1000. Yes, I still want to use UMD discs because my 32 GB memory stick is almost full and I'm tired of deleting and replacing old ISO's and CSO's. I want to use my UMD discs, so please no other suggestions out side of that. The information I've tried searching for in the last couple of hours has yielded either incomplete information, not the information I'm looking for, or very unclear, so I'm trying this route instead. Here's a couple of examples as the situation stands:

1) If I want to play NFS Most Wanted, the initial game begins to load with no error codes, and the splash screen pops up saying that it's loading, and then the screen fades darker, and then the PSP completely shuts down every time. (It's not the disc, because I purchased it brand new and it's been in air-tight storage for more than 8 years.)

2) I just purchased Star Ocean, and this time the UMD disc loads fine, I can play as long as I want, until I want to save my game. Every time I try to save, the PSP completely shuts down. I start the game all over, try again, and the crash repeats again.

3) Same thing occurs if I try to load the game data from Valkyrie Profile Lenneth. Title screen appears just fine, but no way if I want to load the game data because the screen will go black and completely shut down.

Nothing else is wrong with the PSP. I've tested UMD movies and they play just fine, so I know it's not a hardware issue with the physical UMD drive. SOME game data loads as long as it's a CSO or ISO from the memory stick, but again, I'm tired of taking up too much space, deleting and replacing, and since it’s sporadic an image file solution is not a solution in this case. There is no reason the UMD discs can't be an option, because I still played them back when I updated to this firmware 9 years ago. No firmware changes made since.

Additional info:
1) CFW is 5.00 m33-6 updated on 2011 so all game firmware requirements are met.
2) Available memory stick space is 1,600+ MB's so it's not due to memory space.
3) Game data already verified and not corrupt (all information displays indicating no corrupt sectors on saved data).
4) From the recovery menu, I've toggled UMD mode: Normal (UMD Required), m-33 driver (No UMD), and Sony NP9660 (No UMD). No change.
5) PSP has never been dropped or exposed to any liquid or other harmful elements, as I am the original owner.
6) Battery is fully charged. Just saying.

Attached is a photo of my recovery configuration for more helpful info. If I can refrain from purchasing a whole other PSP just for UMD usage I would prefer that. I'm not letting my UMD discs go to waste as I have a pretty expensive and extensive collection. Besides, I like using the physical discs and swapping them out. I have enough games on my memory stick as-is. Let me know if I left any other details out, or wasn't clear enough in this post. Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• 20200302_181620.jpg
    20200302_181620.jpg
    1,023.1 KB · Views: 292

technologicguy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well then.....5 days later, 110 views, and zero responses? :/ I went ahead and took care of everything myself so it's 100% resolved. This "thread" won't be of any help to anyone so go ahead and delete it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo