Upgrading Old PSP 1002 1.5 w/existing mod

oldDogz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi I have an old PSP (1001) that with an existing mod using on old Lumines exploit. I'm wondering if its safe to upgrade from here, I notice that some backups do not work and the system just hangs.

Note: I wrote 1002 in the title, but its actually 1001 if that matters.

Some extra info on the existing mod:

* To load it you go to the Memory Stick menu -> An icon Yellow Emoji icon -> Loads a green background screen with the title "UMC EMULATOR V0.8C - A HUMMA KAVULA & FRIENDS PRODUCTION". This allows you to select which backup ISO.

Once you select, it exits and goes back to the Memory Stick menu. You go back to the memory card and your ISO will show up. There will be an option in the list called MPH 2.00 Game loader for 1.50 which loads the ISO.

Last edited by oldDogz,

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long as it's actually 1.50 and was not downgraded from 3.50. Otherwise you may run into **key storage errors.

I recommend updating in small sequences rather than straight to 6.61. I'd do something like 1.50 -> 3.50 -> 5.50 -> 6.20 or 6.35 -> 6.61

** Meant IDStorage

Last edited by master801,

oldDogz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
As long as it's actually 1.50 and was not downgraded from 3.50. Otherwise you may run into key storage errors.

Thank you for the help!

It's so long ago I don't remember what I did, looking at the folders on the card they're dated May 21st 2006. I think it's reasonable to assume that's when I physically did the mod. Based on that, I don't even think 3.5 was out.

Is there any other way to verify?

master801

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the help!

It's so long ago I don't remember what I did, looking at the folders on the card they're dated May 21st 2006. I think it's reasonable to assume that's when I physically did the mod. Based on that, I don't even think 3.5 was out.

Is there any other way to verify?
Run an updater and if it was downgraded, then it should throw a IDStorage error.

EDIT: Probably bad advice given above.

You'd want to check with KeyCleaner first before trying to run an updater. https://www.brewology.com/downloads/download.php?id=11625

Last edited by master801,

oldDogz

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Run an updater and if it was downgraded, then it should throw a IDStorage error.

EDIT: Probably bad advice given above.

You'd want to check with KeyCleaner first before trying to run an updater.
I decided to YOLO it since I'm too concerned about bricking it. I did an upgrade to 6.6 and it applied without issue. Booted up and could navigate the menus. I guess now onto installing 6.61 and the new batch of homebrew tools from the guides.

Reactions: zfreeman

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's a shame some people's cake always resort to the same taste