Hacking [PSP] La Pucelle Ragnarok Translation

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had a request about a month ago to update the toolkit with a batch TXP to PNG file convertor. I have added the feature and released a new version of the toolkit. The feature can be found in the picture tool. The button will allow you to select a folder with txp files and then will convert them to png and dump them in the same directory. If you try to convert 1000+ images it will take some time and appear to freeze but it will finish at some point and dump the files. If anyone has any questions let me know.

La Pucelle Toolpack Version 6 (download link)

Enjoy.

Reactions: suzy223

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have completed all the translation on all the black textboxes for chapter 3. I am about halfway done with the story and just started some on the NPC.

I have been having too much fun fighting in the Dark World lately. I can really see where Disgaea got most of its mechanics. Dark world is so much like the item world its not funny. Dark world is incredibly hard if you have not tried it. I am getting destroyed at 101% Dark Energy by the level 10 creatures there. I am about level 11.

Anyways I plan to keep plowing along. If anyone finds any bugs or typos in the previous patch please let me know.

AliceTheGorgon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting an error when trying to apply the LPR_patched_v0_1_2.xdelta patch to the iso. Specifically:

Code:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

xdeltaUI then closes/crashes, leaving me with a "patched" iso that is 352MB (specifically, 369,098,752 bytes), which is clearly the wrong size, and which doesn't work on my PSP (showing the generic game icon, claiming to be Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, hiding the names of the actual Disgaea games below it, and then rebooting the PSP after showing "now loading" for a while).

When extracting and patching the files from the UMD manually with the "LPR English Translation Patch V0.1.2.zip" patches, it works fine.

The clean iso, and the manually unpacked/patched/repacked iso, both seem to run fine on my PSP.

The md5sum of the clean iso is: e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7

Any idea why the all-in-one patch might not be working for me?

djalmafreestyler

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm getting an error when trying to apply the LPR_patched_v0_1_2.xdelta patch to the iso. Specifically:

Code:
xdelta3: target window checksum mismatch: XD3_INVALID_INPUT

xdeltaUI then closes/crashes, leaving me with a "patched" iso that is 352MB (specifically, 369,098,752 bytes), which is clearly the wrong size, and which doesn't work on my PSP (showing the generic game icon, claiming to be Disgaea 2: Dark Hero Days, hiding the names of the actual Disgaea games below it, and then rebooting the PSP after showing "now loading" for a while).

When extracting and patching the files from the UMD manually with the "LPR English Translation Patch V0.1.2.zip" patches, it works fine.

The clean iso, and the manually unpacked/patched/repacked iso, both seem to run fine on my PSP.

The md5sum of the clean iso is: e45e0962228eba5b9dc4d558a2d30be7

Any idea why the all-in-one patch might not be working for me?

I got the same here...

ChepChep can you fix it please? I tried to patch the Japanese version and the english patched v0.1.1 version but same result.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry about that. It looks like a might now have made the patch from a unclean iso that got slightly corrupt when I moved it but still worked on the PSP.

I have made a new patch and have uploaded it. The new patch is about 2 MB big. Also this patch is on the UMD version.

If it does not work please let me know.
Download:
- version 0.1.2: (download link)

Reactions: Linka

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have finished the translation for chapter 3. I have also played through chapter and I think I have gotten most typos and text going over text boxes. I have also included a few other fixes through out the game that had been bugging me.

If you find any typos or issues please let me know.

Download:
- version 0.1.3: (download link)

Enjoy the release.
-ChepChep

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Man, you're getting through the chapters at a decent clip now! Nice to see you've overcome much of the issues that slowed things at the start.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Is there a way/plugin to take screenshot on the real console, or do I need an emulator?
(just in case there's a bug/glitch to show you, it would be easier with a screen)

Thanks for 1.0.3

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan,

Not that I know of but they may exist ... I use an emulator for screenshots. You can always copy your save file from the PSP into PPSSPP emulator and SS it there.

I am also sure I have missed some bug/typos/glitches... Also I keep finding NPC that I missed translating that just randomly pop up in some chapters. Most of them are new to the PSP version so I have no english translation and have to struggle with online translators.

StorMyu

"I'm way too old for this"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I remember a long time ago when they finaly made Kingdom Hearts BBS playable on custom firmware and used FusaScreenshot to prove that it was under CFW (yeah you can't use plugin on Official xD)

AliceTheGorgon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the "black talking to yourself" text boxes in the begining of chapter 1 planned to be done anytime soon?

It looks like you mentioned translating those in chapters 2 and 3, but the ones in the start of chapter 1 (where Priere introduces the people she's talking to, IIRC) are just garbled text. (This is in the v1.2 and the v1.3 patches at any rate. I don't know about the earlier versions.)

SCO

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Are you considering writing a variable width font display for the text? I noticed you resized the text windows to be smaller and that somehow helps but reading a fixed width font is strange.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AlicetheGorgon,

The intro is translated I just had an issue with managing my files. I mixed up some files again and need to reinsert that text again. I has a similar issue in a previous release and forgot to combine the files. The intro should be fixed in my next patch. I will confirm it works before releasing.

I am very close to releasing a patch for chapter 4. I got hung up the past few days since I had an NPC that was part of the story that used custom code for the dialog that was different than any place else in the game. Took awhile to get it working correctly.

Should be a new patch in a few days.

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well turns out I was only one battle away from the end of chapter 4. Chapter four is mostly done now and I am releasing a new patch. The patch also fixes the black box translation in chapter 1.

I may have missed some NPCs. I cannot believe how many of them are starting to pop up out of nowhere. They are driving me nuts because I think I have them all done and I keep finding more. At some point I may need some translation help since some are new to the PSP version.

I am also debating if I want to plow through all the NPC text in one go and figure out which ones I need help translating.

Anyways... enjoy the patch. If you find any issues with the patch please let me know.

- Version 0.1.4: (download link)

-ChepChep

ChepChep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought I would give a brief update of where the La Pucelle Ragarnok PSP translation project stands:

So I have been looking at the NPC and story line files and there are:

760 NPC text events that I have an English translation from PS2 version ( 33% done in PSP version)
248 NPC text events that I may need help translating at some point. (I am amazed at how many new ones were inserted into the PSP version) (~2% done with Google translate)

I have 8 more chapters that I can get the storyline from the PS2 version. (33%)

I can see 4 chapters that I may need the story line translated. (0% done)

Black text boxes galore but I have them from the PS2 version which can be hexedit easily. 4 of 12 chapters are done. (33% done)

I may try to get all 760 NPC all in one files to help speed the translation up as a reference instead of using the PS2 version which I need to reformat every time I need the text in the PSP version. Of course the stupid file size limit on the PSP will not let me actually use the file.

-ChepChep

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: already did