Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Centrix said:
wow is that it for Sony, well I'll be getting a Vita but not any time soon the games they've shown so far aren't any thing to get my panty's in a bunch over except FFX if it is a remake and not just another HD upgrade. Sure Zone of Enders HD collection and the MG HD Collection is all good and dandy but I've never seen the point to glossing these gems in HD? Vita like its predecessor is gonna have a long long long ways to go before it hurts the 3DS in sales, I can only imagine Nintendo's gonna have one hell of a X-mas this year! I wonder how long it will be until more developers support Vita? seems like there's hardly any interest in the system, I don't know maybe its just me! lol!
3DS is going to have an awesome holiday season...in Japan.
A whole lot of nothing over here probably.

On the flipside, the western launch of the Vita seems like it'll be much stronger than the Japanese launch.
Them saying "26 launch titles" is incredibly misleading when they're also counting apps.
Not to mention ports/remakes galore.
Two golfing games.
A fishing game.
F1 racing.
Certainly going for quantity over quality here.

Though western devs are all over the Vita so it'll be exciting to see what it gets launched with over here.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good, good, good

Everything here is looking pretty nice, especially the launch titles (FFX and a few others not withstanding). I am disappointed about the battery life; I was hoping it would beat the 3DS in that respect.

Still, everything else is looking pretty good, so it's no deal breaker. It's just a shame that the US won't be getting this until 2012...

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gahars said:
Good, good, good

Everything here is looking pretty nice, especially the launch titles (FFX and a few others not withstanding). I am disappointed about the battery life; I was hoping it would beat the 3DS in that respect.

Still, everything else is looking pretty good, so it's no deal breaker. It's just a shame that the US won't be getting this until 2012...
Honestly I was never really expecting a 2011 release. It felt too soon.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's one of those things where you rationally know that it isn't very likely, but you still can't help but hope that maybe, just maybe, your initial skepticism will turn out to be wrong.

So yeah, it would have been nice to have had it launch for the holidays here, but it's still launching in early 2012; it won't be too long of a wait.

(Apparently the reason for the later launch is that the recent Earthquake and Tsunami hurt their distribution centers. After all that happened, it's pretty impressive that they were able to get back on track enough to launch it this year, even if it's only in Japan).

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
I'm not exactly interested into Final Fantasy... But I am interested in a couple of titles NOT at launch. Still I must say that it's a much better lineup as opposed to many other consoles, including 3DS (duh).

I'll delay my collection of my Vita, and only get it when my desired games are out.
tongue.gif

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Valwin said:
Guild McCommunist said:
Valwin said:
What a dispoitment is jsut psp again

Stop making such obvious trollbait. You were already warned about this.

what cant i have a opinion ? i am not trolling anyone
all your posts in any thread about sony (or even ms) are negative,
your just an obvious nintendo fanboy and a troll

MigueelDnd

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Disappointed with the battery life -- I expected it to last longer; but Vita is still looking amazing. I'll probably get one in one or two years, when the titles I want are released and probably for a minor price; for now I'll go 3DS only. Early adopters(of japanese units) will have lots of fun: UMvC, Tales of Innocence R, Ys Celceta Sea of Trees and Level 5's new RPG... I hope it does well, which I think I will.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MigueelDnd said:
Disappointed with the battery life -- I expected it to last longer; but Vita is still looking amazing. I'll probably get one in one or two years, when the titles I want are released and probably for a minor price; for now I'll go 3DS only. Early adopters(of japanese units) will have lots of fun: UMvC, Tales of Innocence R, Ys Celceta Sea of Trees and Level 5's new RPG... I hope it does well, which I think I will.

I still think the 1 thing that will hurt them, in japan mainly, is the fact that its has no mention of any Monster Hunter for the system yet and the 3DS is getting 2 so far. That game alone drove the psp in japan, outselling anything i know over there to the point were almost everyone in that country had the damn games. For JP its going to hurt them for sure, luckly the japanese are very loyal to sony, so it wont hurt as bad, but expect the 3DS to outsell it for a while.

For the US/EU its seems likely we will get portable 3rd around the launch as a downloadable PSP game with added control from the second stick. I have a feeling they were holding the game back more-so because it would help sell Vita's here. But hey, i could be wrong and they might be screwing everyone esle out of yet ANOTHER DAMN MH game.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
zanfire said:
MigueelDnd said:

I still think the 1 thing that will hurt them, in japan mainly, is the fact that its has no mention of any Monster Hunter for the system yet and the 3DS is getting 2 so far. That game alone drove the psp in japan, outselling anything i know over there to the point were almost everyone in that country had the damn games. For JP its going to hurt them for sure, luckly the japanese are very loyal to sony, so it wont hurt as bad, but expect the 3DS to outsell it for a while.

For the US/EU its seems likely we will get portable 3rd around the launch as a downloadable PSP game with added control from the second stick. I have a feeling they were holding the game back more-so because it would help sell Vita's here. But hey, i could be wrong and they might be screwing everyone esle out of yet ANOTHER DAMN MH game.
Apparently there are games for the PSVita which are somewhat a little similar to MH. We know that MH will eventually come. By the way, how long has the 3DS already been launched in Japan? MH was just announced.

I'm just very disappointed over the battery life and the fact that you can't replace the battery, but hey the PSVita has stuff which can cover it up.

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know whats really going to hurt the ps vita... those damn memory stick prices. I really would like to see anybody defend sony for this. (Where's Guild? lol) A new memory stick, one which sony produces and limits you by providing no other option but buying it. Don't argue that its optional, when the system has no internal memory and your bound to eventually buy crap off psn or wish to store mp3/movies/etc. They could have easily provided 2 gigs cheaply, even the 3DS provides 2 gigs of internal memory and a free 2 gig stick on top of that. Anybody wondering why the ps vita can be priced at 250, your answer lies in the memory stick sales. At least we know what the vita revision is going to improve on, internal memory
wink2.gif

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cris92x said:
You know whats really going to hurt the ps vita... those damn memory stick prices. I really would like to see anybody defend sony for this. (Where's Guild? lol)

I'm not really going to, my big harumph with Sony has been proprietary media. I don't mind it when it's like half the price as the previous version (PSP Go, anyone?) but it's always been annoying to have to buy a new medium and, if you don't want to use your Vita as a reader all the time, adapters. Plus the Vita has a big emphasis on blending physical and digital media (every Vita game is said to be available online). I would rather have the Vita packed with some small internal storage for a few download-only games or a big internal storage (like the PSP Go) to get people buying online. No one wants to spend another chunk of cash on new storage, especially when the game carts support saves and stuff in them.

I'll be buying physical for the most part it seems. Used games are cheaper anyway.

Sylar1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
XD these conferences sure bring out the crazy in people.

Nintendo fans act like the 3DS won because they get a couple of MH games, some game starring a little girl i never heard of, a FE game that will never leave japan on your mighty Region Locked handheld.

Sony fans are crying win because they get an uncharted game (whoop dee doo big deal), Though Persona 4 and FFX are a win.

Sony: LOL 3DS battery life is only 3-5 hours

*vita's battery life gets announced*

Sony: uh..... it's ok because it's the Playstation Pita, time to shell out money for the expensive memory cards we have to buy.

Sony and Nintendo both fail currently.

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
cris92x said:
You know whats really going to hurt the ps vita... those damn memory stick prices. I really would like to see anybody defend sony for this. (Where's Guild? lol) A new memory stick, one which sony produces and limits you by providing no other option but buying it. Don't argue that its optional, when the system has no internal memory and your bound to eventually buy crap off psn or wish to store mp3/movies/etc. They could have easily provided 2 gigs cheaply, even the 3DS provides 2 gigs of internal memory and a free 2 gig stick on top of that. Anybody wondering why the ps vita can be priced at 250, your answer lies in the memory stick sales. At least we know what the vita revision is going to improve on, internal memory
wink2.gif
That's actually true and I agree. I think there's still time for them to provide at least 2Gb for American release, if they really want to be serious with PSN.

About the topic, nothing that we didn't expect. It on par with PSP and 3DS battery life. The launch line-up is varied.

The problem is Nintendo. They got major titles to be released and Sony lost Monster Hunter titles (and probably exclusivity, as we never seen anything about the Monter Hunter Portable 3rd HD for PS Vita being said, it's not even on the list of games to be released until 2012). Sony is really in bad position right now, they did everything right, just forgot to money hat the titles people expect. I hope PS Vita is suscesfull, because it's a great hardware, with great innovation and possibilities.

All of above is true for Japan, of course. In the west, we have yet to see what will happen.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Maedhros said:
All of above is true for Japan, of course. In the west, we have yet to see what will happen.
I sense uncharted GA as a western launch title.
tongue.gif

And yeah, pretty much agree with all you said. Why can't Sony just stick to SD cards...
closedeyes.gif

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:
tongue.gif

And yeah, pretty much agree with all you said. Why can't Sony just stick to SD cards...
closedeyes.gif
SD cards are slower and less secure. That's the only thing I can think at all.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maedhros said:
chris888222 said:
Maedhros said:
tongue.gif

closedeyes.gif
SD cards are slower and less secure. That's the only thing I can think at all.

and they want to make more money and overcharge. Is it too damn hard to at least stick to the pro duos everyone forked money over for? Its one of the few things that are making me want to hold off on this system along with it not selling really well like the 3DS and their price dropping soon after.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Leeches can't afford a $60 handheld:angry: