(Q): My PS5 Related questions (if & when i can get one in the far, far future)

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Hi all,
recently i was thinking about the PS5 system + games,

ATM I don't exactly have the money for a ps5 blu ray system & the various assories yet (in 2024),
will probaly get on in 24 by then it might drop in price from 549 euros & it's games etc..

meanwhile, i have some questions to ask:

1) um, if i get one eventually, should i transfer my ps4 games over to it or keep them on my ps4?
to save SSD space on ps5 for its games (FF XVI/FF VII Part II etc)

2) will FF XVI drop in price a year from now (in march 24?) and if FF VII part II is out by then.

3) is it better to buy ps5 games used rather than new? cheaper price tag? lower than 70 euros.

4) is it cheaper & easier to buy black replacement parts for the ps5 dualsence controller to modswap it rather than buying the 70 euro midnight black controller? (i have found a easy guide on Ifixit website).

5) do the ps4 themes work on the ps5?

6) if you don't have alot of ps5/ps4 games, do you need to expand the SSD M2 drive from it's stock 825gb -> 1TB/2TB etc?

thanx

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1) um, if i get one eventually, should i transfer my ps4 games over to it or keep them on my ps4?
That's up to you, I play my ps4 games off an external HDD, which was previously in use by a PS4, hooked up to the PS5
2) will FF XVI drop in price a year from now (in march 24?) and if FF VII part II is out by then.
Price drop most for FFXVI by then is very likely, when FFVII part 2 comes out no one knows
3) is it better to buy ps5 games used rather than new? cheaper price tag? lower than 70 euros.
That depends on you, I personally rarely buy used ones, but what's stopping you?
4) is it cheaper & easier to buy black replacement parts for the ps5 dualsence controller to modswap it rather than buying the 70 euro midnight black controller? (i have found a easy guide on Ifixit website).
Can't help you there, no clue
No, nor does it have themes
6) if you don't have alot of ps5/ps4 games, do you need to expand the SSD M2 drive from it's stock 825gb -> 1TB/2TB etc?
Not really, you only have about 600 something gb available from the top of my head, if you want to leave games installed then eventually you'll run in to it. PS4 games you could easily get a cheap external 2.5inch hdd for, it works just fine
If you are worried about writes to the onboard storage, an m.2 drive expansion and install ps5 games on there will help

Reactions: 2DSGamerdude

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
recently i was thinking about the PS5 system + games,

ATM I don't exactly have the money for a ps5 blu ray system & the various assories yet (in 2024),
will probaly get on in 24 by then it might drop in price from 549 euros & it's games etc..

meanwhile, i have some questions to ask:

thanx

1. I keep my PS4 games on a external HDD, I think I only moved like 1-2 of them off the HDD for the one I wanted to play.

2. Price will drop by March 2024, maybe not a lot, maybe 50 euro etc.

3. Usually games that have been out for a while tends to be cheap such as Far Cry 6, Assassin Creed Valhalla. If you can find brand new around the same price as used buy new.

4. The Analog stick is solder on to the motherboard, if you were thinking about fixing drift controller, just buy new controller or invest in Dualsense edge.

5. No theme, even though each games have their own theme.

6. That come down to personal preference, if you just play and delete you don't really need expansion SSD.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That's up to you, I play my ps4 games off an external HDD, which was previously in use by a PS4, hooked up to the PS5

Price drop most for FFXVI by then is very likely, when FFVII part 2 comes out no one knows

That depends on you, I personally rarely buy used ones, but what's stopping you?

Can't help you there, no clue

No, nor does it have themes

Not really, you only have about 600 something gb available from the top of my head, if you want to leave games installed then eventually you'll run in to it. PS4 games you could easily get a cheap external 2.5inch hdd for, it works just fine
If you are worried about writes to the onboard storage, an m.2 drive expansion and install ps5 games on there will help

um, i hope the base PS5 system by march of 24 becomes a "bit" cheaper than it's MSRP current pricepoint ATM of 549 euros.

or

that or sony relases a PS5 Slim version (base) version that will be way cheaper than the Phat one currently (Porbally at 400 euros or less like 380 or so), i hope at least.
cuase the PS5 console atm is way, way too expensive to even think of getting.

my ps4 that i got in 16, 3 years after it came out (13), i got it at 380 or so euros, & it was the Phat version).

not sure what it's inital 2013 relase price was (back then i wasn't interested in a ps4).
but once FF XV came out in 2016, i got one for that game then & Type 0 HD also.

yeah, i'll keep my ps4 games on my ps4 ( one reason to play/use the console instead of leaving it unsed for years & years.

tho, i could transfer some games over to ps5 system like Stranger of paradise FF I, FF VII Part 1 and such.

if i get a ps5 eventually, i'll change it's faceplate to black to match my ps3/ps4 etc systems, & buy replacement parts buttons & cover) in black colour for the dualsence 5 controller to swap (via an easy ifxit guide)

shame that the ps4 themes do not work on ps5, they were so aweomse. esp ff vii remake's themes :) .
1. I keep my PS4 games on a external HDD, I think I only moved like 1-2 of them off the HDD for the one I wanted to play.

2. Price will drop by March 2024, maybe not a lot, maybe 50 euro etc.

3. Usually games that have been out for a while tends to be cheap such as Far Cry 6, Assassin Creed Valhalla. If you can find brand new around the same price as used buy new.

4. The Analog stick is solder on to the motherboard, if you were thinking about fixing drift controller, just buy new controller or invest in Dualsense edge.

5. No theme, even though each games have their own theme.

6. That come down to personal preference, if you just play and delete you don't really need expansion SSD.
yeah, i guess. by march of 24 FF XVI will be way cheaper that it's intial relase in price (moreso if i buy it used) instead of new.
for ps5 that is okay, not sure about buying used switch games tho (due to if someone has used it, if the game works or not).

i found an great & easy ifixit guide for chaning a dualsence 5 controller's parts to custom.
I am referring to the game not the system, by March 2024 Final Fantasy 16 is no longer a PS5 exclusive, so expect price to drop.
yeah, but it won't be on ps4 tho (ps4 can't run it due to not enoguh hosrepower).

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
um, i hope the base PS5 system by march of 24 becomes a "bit" cheaper than it's MSRP current pricepoint ATM of 549 euros.

or

that or sony relases a PS5 Slim version (base) version that will be way cheaper than the Phat one currently (Porbally at 400 euros or less like 380 or so), i hope at least.
cuase the PS5 console atm is way, way too expensive to even think of getting.

my ps4 that i got in 16, 3 years after it came out (13), i got it at 380 or so euros, & it was the Phat version).

not sure what it's inital 2013 relase price was (back then i wasn't interested in a ps4).
but once FF XV came out in 2016, i got one for that game then & Type 0 HD also.

yeah, i'll keep my ps4 games on my ps4 ( one reason to play/use the console instead of leaving it unsed for years & years.

tho, i could transfer some games over to ps5 system like Stranger of paradise FF I, FF VII Part 1 and such.

if i get a ps5 eventually, i'll change it's faceplate to black to match my ps3/ps4 etc systems, & buy replacement parts buttons & cover) in black colour for the dualsence 5 controller to swap (via an easy ifxit guide)

shame that the ps4 themes do not work on ps5, they were so aweomse. esp ff vii remake's themes :) .

yeah, i guess. by march of 24 FF XVI will be way cheaper that it's intial relase in price (moreso if i buy it used) instead of new.
for ps5 that is okay, not sure about buying used switch games tho (due to if someone has used it, if the game works or not).

i found an great & easy ifixit guide for chaning a dualsence 5 controller's parts to custom.

yeah, but it won't be on ps4 tho (ps4 can't run it due to not enoguh hosrepower).
those covers, or faceplate as you called it, I think are a really ingenious idea to have a custom system without having to buy a new model like with the switch and xbox. I put purple on mine to match my main dual sense. it's a shame that it's dark around the area where my systems are kept, so it's harder to see the color.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It is exclusive to PS5 for 6 months, then it go to other platforms.

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
those covers, or faceplate as you called it, I think are a really ingenious idea to have a custom system without having to buy a new model like with the switch and xbox. I put purple on mine to match my main dual sense. it's a shame that it's dark around the area where my systems are kept, so it's harder to see the color.
yeah, it is, the replacement parts that you can buy aren't that exp, & ifixit has some nice replacement guides so you can't mess up the controller or console hat you are trying to customize.

tho, when i tried to take my gray joy con shell off for replacement to black color by spray paint mod, i had a rather hard time removing the battery and ending up with stripped cables.

that mod didn't go too well (& the money spent on the left gray joycon went down the bucket).
i even made a post about it some years ago.

but, when i accidentally spilled some orange juice on my ps4's side's system & dualshock 4 controller (the system was fine, the controller took most of the juice, (some years back) in 20. it was only on the outside of the controller, i got some cleaning tools like cuetips, some water ect & used an ifixit guide to do step by step open my ps4 controller up and clean througlhy all the affect juice parts, & it worked, my ps4 controller was fixed with no sticky or ruined parts & for cheap.
but i got a second DS4 controller (v2) just incase my DS4 (V1) controllwer had gotten too much damaged to even fix.
but i was super lucky tho. haha.
Post automatically merged:

It is exclusive to PS5 for 6 months, then it go to other platforms.
so, it'll go to PC/steam/Xboxen but ,

not ps4?

Reactions: godreborn

2DSGamerdude

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
acutally, i'll be getting a ps5 (disk ver ofc) rather soon like in 2-3 months from now,
so it'll be fun,
oh and meanhwile, i'll get some PS5 realted stuff to have ready to go when i do final get the ps5 system.

like:

1) 2x PSN 20 euro cards for stranger of paradise DLC pack & FFVII Remake (Episode yuffie DLC),
and the ps5 vers of these games, i'll get for free as i have the ps4 disk vers hhehe.

2) FF XVI (might get if from amazon uk, as they have an exculisve preorder bounus that no one else has for this game:

thoses 6x pathes are nice, but the game will cost 90 euros total instead of 79-80, and it's the standard edition, not the deleuxe one that costs 100+ euros.

3) buttons + shell for ps5 DS5 controller to mod in black instead for white colour.
using a guide from ifixit, it should be easy to do? .

and 24 euros cheaper than buying a 69 euro ps5 ds5 midnight black controller?

4) ps5 black faceplate to change from the stock white,
will make my new ps5 look like a dark knight ps5 like how my othe rplaystation systems are (ps vita/ps3/ps4).

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
acutally, i'll be getting a ps5 (disk ver ofc) rather soon like in 2-3 months from now,
so it'll be fun,
oh and meanhwile, i'll get some PS5 realted stuff to have ready to go when i do final get the ps5 system.

like:

1) 2x PSN 20 euro cards for stranger of paradise DLC pack & FFVII Remake (Episode yuffie DLC),
and the ps5 vers of these games, i'll get for free as i have the ps4 disk vers hhehe.

2) FF XVI (might get if from amazon uk, as they have an exculisve preorder bounus that no one else has for this game:

thoses 6x pathes are nice, but the game will cost 90 euros total instead of 79-80, and it's the standard edition, not the deleuxe one that costs 100+ euros.

3) buttons + shell for ps5 DS5 controller to mod in black instead for white colour.
using a guide from ifixit, it should be easy to do? .

and 24 euros cheaper than buying a 69 euro ps5 ds5 midnight black controller?

4) ps5 black faceplate to change from the stock white,
will make my new ps5 look like a dark knight ps5 like how my othe rplaystation systems are (ps vita/ps3/ps4).

You can either buy the black controller or reshell it yourself, if you want to do remap kit maybe do a reshell.

20230118_181448.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la