Misc [Question] 2ds XL not connecting to wifi?

s0ggysocks

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey all, I need help. My 2ds XL has stayed in great shape for the past few years, but the other day it refused to connect to the internet. I noticed the error when I tried to connect to the Pokemon Black and White gift dns server, but I assumed it was just because the server itself was broken. I then decided to just connect to my own home wifi, and it didn't connect. Instead, every time I tried, I got the error code 003-1401: Could not connect to the access point. I have just updated my console to the latest firmware and the latest Luma3ds, so maybe that is why I cant connect? Any help is appreciated!

fmkid

Just another GBATemp's random guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hey all, I need help. My 2ds XL has stayed in great shape for the past few years, but the other day it refused to connect to the internet. I noticed the error when I tried to connect to the Pokemon Black and White gift dns server, but I assumed it was just because the server itself was broken. I then decided to just connect to my own home wifi, and it didn't connect. Instead, every time I tried, I got the error code 003-1401: Could not connect to the access point. I have just updated my console to the latest firmware and the latest Luma3ds, so maybe that is why I cant connect? Any help is appreciated!
Having in account that Pokémon B/W are DS games, then they work under DS WiFi connection. And, on DS connection, only WiFi networks with open or WEP encryption are valid.

Then, check first that your DS internet connection settings are enabled and related to a WiFi network with open or WEP encryption type (your own home WiFi network, indeed).

Leeo97one

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Pokémon B/W/2 are DSi-enhanced games so you should be able to use the 3DS Wi-Fi settings to connect (that's what I do). Don't forget to also manually configure the DNS in that case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER