Hacking Question about SX OS versions and Switch OS versions

Lunatics

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Morning friends, just had a quick question regarding SX OS. I feel like I remember when 2.0 came out, people were having a lot of issues with Emunand and game compatibility either within emunand, or even just using normal SX OS and certain games did not work that used to etc etc. I see there is a new beta version out and I just wanted to reach out and see what people are using, has everyone pretty much upgraded at this point? I am still on 1.9 and wondering if it should be okay to update. Also, what exactly does the Emunand entail on this vs what I am used to with the 3DS? Is there any real point of setting up Emunand right now vs using SX OS normally?

Lastly, as long as I have an older switch that is exploitable, are all SX OS versions compatible with the newest OFW from Nintendo? I have a friend with his switch completely up to date and he wanted to get SX OS, just want to make sure I am installing the right version of the OS for him and that everything will work properly on his newer FW, and trying to figure out if Emunand is something I should be doing or just set it up "stock" SXOS how I have had mine running forever.

Ilie11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sx Os works on all firmwares so yes, i would update to the lastest 2.2.1 to use usb support and whatever new features they have implemented.

I have Emunand just because it allows me to update to the latest firmware whilst keeping my ofw on 4.10. I don't go online so i have no ideea if it's safe to do so.

Last edited by Ilie11,

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lastly, as long as I have an older switch that is exploitable, are all SX OS versions compatible with the newest OFW from Nintendo?
Regarding this part, I wanted to ask if not every Switch is exploitable to use SX OS as a backup loader. I'm new in the Switch scene and I just ordered a Switch from Amazon, which it's highly likely to have been manufactured this year.

Would this mean that my Switch is simply not compatible with SX OS or any backup loader?

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding this part, I wanted to ask if not every Switch is exploitable to use SX OS as a backup loader. I'm new in the Switch scene and I just ordered a Switch from Amazon, which it's highly likely to have been manufactured this year.

Would this mean that my Switch is simply not compatible with SX OS or any backup loader?
As long as it was manufactured before July, it should be exploitable. An easier check is the serial number which you can find a list of here. Of course, the definitive test is sending a payload and seeing if the Switch accepts it or not. If it doesn't, that means its patched and is invulnerable to the Fusee Gelee exploit which all CFW currently utilize.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    NinStar @ NinStar: super monkey ball